[GUIDE] HOW-TO Get A Proper Skin On The ( new ) Trucks

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
asouth

Re: [GUIDE] HOW-TO Get A Proper Skin On The ( new ) Trucks

#11 Post by asouth » 27 Sep 2020 16:36

m1keY wrote: 26 Sep 2020 09:31 @asouth
those mods I haven't got, but you can get those acc_list names by simply following the steps in the

ACCESSORIES AND HOW-TO GET THEM = ACC_LIST section
and give these accessories a basetexture from that main skin (silver/grey/metallic look)
you probably have one for it in that skinmod itself...just use the same filepath for these accessories

probably for that frontlip aswell and the rear fenders as it looks like the mainskin is put onto them aswell...
Many many thanks m1keY! :D :D :D
After few revision from your sharing and find out the filepath one by one.
Now most of the parts have been updated to correct texture.
Thanks again for your great explanation!

Besides...one more question :oops:
I've no idea why the texture is weird while driving (no problem when in shop mod)
Please give me some hints to solve this, thanks!
ets2_20200928_000413_00.jpg
m1keY

#12 Post by m1keY » 27 Sep 2020 16:41

that look is familiar (mods not up-to-date) ... I believe it has soemthing to do with the mapping of it ...
not DX11 compatible or something, someone with more experience in modelling/blender/and stuff like this might tell the correct reason
JoachimK

#13 Post by JoachimK » 21 Nov 2020 16:10

Finally, a very good Tut, m1keY. 👍👍👍

With Flemming´s Mod I had never a Problem. But with Kast I've been breaking my Mind and my Patience. 😁
Thanks to you and your very good Tuts everything is now easier and much better to understand.
Now you can feel good creating new reskins again.

You've done a great Job for the Community. Big Thanks again. 👌👌👌

Best Regards
JoachimK
[ external image ]
JBK-TRANS   |   JBK-TRANS vCOMPANY IS CLOSED !
stevieb71

#14 Post by stevieb71 » 08 Jan 2021 19:45

Sorry if I just can't see it..................

I'm trying to paint the pallet_box on Flemmings dolly trailer, I've gone through the def files and the pallet box looks like its pointing to the game's main base file. I've added the acc_list to the trailer accessory and to the truck list of the skin i'm using, but I still can't get any of the painted boxes on the Dolly trailer to be painted.

How can I get these painted.
stevieb71

#15 Post by stevieb71 » 12 Jan 2021 17:32

stevieb71 wrote: 08 Jan 2021 19:45 Sorry if I just can't see it..................

I'm trying to paint the pallet_box on Flemmings dolly trailer, I've gone through the def files and the pallet box looks like its pointing to the game's main base file. I've added the acc_list to the trailer accessory and to the truck list of the skin i'm using, but I still can't get any of the painted boxes on the Dolly trailer to be painted.

How can I get these painted.
I've managed to get it sorted, with a little perseverance.
Traxx

#16 Post by Traxx » 05 Apr 2021 04:33

Hejhej @m1keY

I tried reading through your guide here but I didnt understand much what to do to fix a skin. I downloaded a public skin of GKT that says its compatible and made for Kast trailer and tandem's. But the boxes on truck is wrong. I looked on the acc list in the skin for the truck but I do not understand anything what to add/move in there. Can you give me a hand to explain even simpler what to change in skins I download but are still wrong for Kast's boxes?

For example I downloaded this skin and the boxes on the truck are messed up. https://ets2.lt/en/gotene-kyltransporter-ab-combo-pack/

Ha de gött!
Gabi_Merguez

#17 Post by Gabi_Merguez » 17 Feb 2022 10:12

asouth wrote: 27 Sep 2020 16:36
m1keY wrote: 26 Sep 2020 09:31 @asouth
those mods I haven't got, but you can get those acc_list names by simply following the steps in the

ACCESSORIES AND HOW-TO GET THEM = ACC_LIST section
and give these accessories a basetexture from that main skin (silver/grey/metallic look)
you probably have one for it in that skinmod itself...just use the same filepath for these accessories

probably for that frontlip aswell and the rear fenders as it looks like the mainskin is put onto them aswell...
Many many thanks m1keY! :D :D :D
After few revision from your sharing and find out the filepath one by one.
Now most of the parts have been updated to correct texture.
Thanks again for your great explanation!

Besides...one more question :oops:
I've no idea why the texture is weird while driving (no problem when in shop mod)
Please give me some hints to solve this, thanks!

ets2_20200928_000413_00.jpg
hey @asouth , sorry to bother you but i have the same problem as you with the sunshield. But I still can't find the acc_list with the method m1keY. I wanted to know if it was possible for you to give me the acc_list if you found it.
Please
Thank you
Last edited by Gabi_Merguez on 17 Feb 2022 10:14, edited 1 time in total.
censor

#18 Post by censor » 04 Mar 2022 10:58

Where in the mod can i find the file for edit the ACC list?
censor

#19 Post by censor » 04 Mar 2022 11:32

\base\def\vehicle\truck\scania.r_2016\accessory\f_wnd_frame this is the folder we're looking at
inside this folder there are 2 .sii files ; painted.sii AND stock.sii as seen, only one available for your skin is the painted.sii

I cant find any sii files in the /folder, should make them and add in ur code?
Last edited by censor on 04 Mar 2022 11:50, edited 1 time in total.
truck870

#20 Post by truck870 » 23 Mar 2022 07:48

censor wrote: 04 Mar 2022 11:32 \base\def\vehicle\truck\scania.r_2016\accessory\f_wnd_frame this is the folder we're looking at
inside this folder there are 2 .sii files ; painted.sii AND stock.sii as seen, only one available for your skin is the painted.sii

I cant find any sii files in the /folder, should make them and add in ur code?
same, i have just 1 file : stock.sii , no painted.sii

Return to “Modding Guides”