How to make a physics pennant in Blender?

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
SCS1833

How to make a physics pennant in Blender?

#1 Post by SCS1833 » 29 May 2020 14:30

I can make static cabin accessories, but I really know nothing about physics cabin accessories.
The problem is "In blender, I need to click what to add physics for my rope and pennant? I am a newbie~~"
-
1. How to fix the rope on the glass by scs blender tool?
2. How to make the pennant have a cloth effect without falling off the rope by scs blender tool?
How is all of the above done using the SCS blender tool?
-
-
In SCS Cabin Accessory DLC, I found a lot of properties about rope.
Why set physics in def?

how does it connect with xxx.blender's rope modes?

Pls help me
Thank you!

Reference:

Code: Select all

accessory_hookup_int_data :  f_scania.addon_hookup
{
	name: "Scania Pennant"
	price: 75
	unlock: 0
	icon: "flag_scania.dlc_toys"

model:			"/vehicle/truck/upgrade/interior_decors/toyglass/sucker_01.dlc_toys.pmd"
 	coll:	                "/vehicle/truck/upgrade/interior_decors/toyglass/sucker_01.dlc_toys.pmc"

data[]: .f_scania.phys_data

suitable_for[]: "set_glass"
}
physics_toy_data : .f_scania.phys_data
{
	phys_model:		"/vehicle/truck/upgrade/interior_decors/toyglass/triangle.dlc_toys.pmd"   
  	phys_model_coll:	"/vehicle/truck/upgrade/interior_decors/toyglass/triangle.dlc_toys.pmc"
  	phys_model_look: scania

rope_material:		"/material/ropes/rope_black.mat"

toy_type:		"TT_double_rope"		# TT_rope, TT_double_rope, TT_joint
	toy_mass:		0.1				# toy mass
	linear_damping:		0.99

linear_stiffness: 	1.0				# rope - influences rope springing
	locator_hook_offset:	(0.0f, 0.0015f, -0.0035f)	# offset of connection point on hook against toy locator

# definitions valid only for toys with rope
	rope_width:		0.002				# width of rope
	rope_length:		0.05				# length of rope, in the case of double_rope, distance between hook and toy
	rope_hook_offset:	0.005				# double_rope - distance between hooks, locator is in the middle
	rope_toy_offset:	0.045				# double_rope - distance between rope tingles at toy
	rope_resolution:	3				# number of inner nodes of rope, except end nodes with anchors
	rope_linear_density:	1.0				# density, i.e. weight of rope per 1 m of length
	position_iterations:	4				# number of iterations in position solver
	node_damping:		0.99				# rope node velocity damping

}
Attachments
pe.jpg

Etrusan

Re: How to make a physic pennant in Blender?

#2 Post by Etrusan » 29 May 2020 14:49

Physics are done in the .sii file. The model itself needs a collision that will define how it behaves (coupled with the .sii of course).
Seasonic SSR-650TD; Intel Core i5-6600K 3,5GHz; Gainward GTX 1060 6GB Phoenix GS; 2x Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB; 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB; Corsair Force MP510 960GB; 2x 24" AOC I2481FXH; Windows 10

SCS1833

Re: How to make a physic pennant in Blender?

#3 Post by SCS1833 » 03 Jun 2020 04:08

Thanks for the reply.
It is regrettable that SCS seems to only generate xy plane cloth, just like the def of the flag.
If the cloth is other shape, I don’t know how to generate the cloth.

About in-car physics, scs does not have a multi-section skeletal physics system.
TT joint in def seems to only allow one axis(root) to swing, what if there are multiple axes that want to swing?

If there is a way to achieve it?
搜狗截图20200603120123.jpg
Last edited by supersobes on 03 Jun 2020 13:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quote [Forum rule 2.12]

Return to “Modding Guides”