Spawn Frequency

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
cadenysd

Spawn Frequency

#1 Post by cadenysd » 17 Oct 2020 06:32

Hi all,

I primarily truck in the UK and have noticed that most AI trucks that spawn are 4x2 (with or without mods), when most trucks (at least UK regged ones) are 6x2 or 6x4 etc.

To enhance the realism of the game I decided to change the spawn frequency of each individual truck. I've tried multiple methods and have gotten help from others (as I am new to modding) but to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas? So far I have tried adding in the spawn_ratio: 0.x line into def/vehicle/ai/[truck name] and putting that into mod folder but that has not worked.

Appreciate if you guys could get back to me. Cheers.

Return to “Modding Guides”