Load Order - ETS2 v1.49 Map Combos (Updated 06 Mar 2024 - PM WB Merge - Some fixes)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
AlconburyBlues

Re: Load Order - ETS2 v1.41 Map Combos (Updated 22 Sep 2021 - Emden)

#1191 Post by AlconburyBlues » 28 Sep 2021 08:08

Hi Vinnie. Question regarding the removed (or the other one by SovTransBus). Would you treat these as map mods? Even though they don't actually change any terrain or object placement, they do in fact add bus terminals to places where nothing existed before.

Both of these mods have 2 parts: One is the passenger part that changes all the cargo to passengers. So obviously treat that as a cargo mod.
The other one is the bus terminal part that adds "companies" to the unused bus terminals and roadway bus stops all over the map. So I would assume treat that as a map mod. Does that sound correct?

The reason for my concern is that they both instruct you to put the "map part" ABOVE the "passenger part", which goes against your mod order. So what do you think?
azumukupoe

#1192 Post by azumukupoe » 28 Sep 2021 08:16

always follow the directions that come with the mod
the general load order rule is not absolute
Vinnie Terranova

#1193 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 28 Sep 2021 09:41

@AlconburyBlues Indeed follow the directions that are included within the mod.Removed

I was able to download the mod from SovTransBus, although maybe not from the original site. And regarding this mod from SovTransBus: the several map parts must be put BELOW the Passenger Transportation Base... as expected. And those map parts certainly are map mods: they contain sector files which overwrites original sectors in order to have bus stations and bus stops acting like companies. Read the readme PDF file that comes with Passenger Transportation (I downloaded v1.1).
gryper

#1194 Post by gryper » 28 Sep 2021 22:53

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 26 Sep 2021 06:17
gryper wrote: 26 Sep 2021 02:28Turkey Extended is not compatible with this load order in the OP?
Turkey Extended indeed isn't compatible with the load order in the OP. The reason that I didn't make a second load order for use with Turkey Extended is that you'll get quite an ugly map with a lot of emptyness: as Project Turkey is integrated in RoExtended, this basically means that if you use Turkey Extended the most part of Turkey and Ukraine will be empty...
Got it. Thanks, Vinnie. I suppose I will use it as a stand-alone.
lacatomi

#1195 Post by lacatomi » 02 Oct 2021 14:08

i cant get to work the SCS extractor. everytime I open it, it closes itself and does nothing, no matter how many times do I try. Is there any other way to chhange the manifest in latvia rebuild?
Vinnie Terranova

#1196 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 02 Oct 2021 14:23

There are several ways to do it:
- Use an older version of 7-Zip (I use v18.06)
- Rename the extension 'scs' to 'zip', and then extract using 7-Zip or WinRar
- Use Dart to 'repair' the scs file, and after that extract the 'repaired' scs file with whatever tool
azumukupoe

#1197 Post by azumukupoe » 02 Oct 2021 14:44

the latest version of 7-Zip (19.00) works without any problem for me
just right click and select open archive
lacatomi

#1198 Post by lacatomi » 02 Oct 2021 14:49

idk, none of the method worked for me, im pretty sure im doing something wrong.
@azumukupoe i tried it before, but everytime i did it it said this file cant be open as an archive
AlconburyBlues

#1199 Post by AlconburyBlues » 03 Oct 2021 00:43

Been using your load order for a while now. But I noticed a few smaller categories missing.

What is your opinion about placement of UI mods? Such as Route Advisor skins (not the map, just the interface), The Black Background mod for the menu, company avatars, etc.

Company structure mods, like the "more drivers" mod for your company?

Traffic light timing mods? (I don't know what to categorise that as.)

Daylight timing mods that change sunrise/sunset times? (Would that be grouped with weather?)

Can't think of any others right now. If I do I'll ask about those.
Vinnie Terranova

#1200 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 03 Oct 2021 08:43

AlconburyBlues wrote: 03 Oct 2021 00:43Been using your load order for a while now. But I noticed a few smaller categories missing.
That's totally possible; there are a lot of categories and the General Load Order in the first post is just a general guideline which works in most of the cases. It depends on what files the mod contains. I'll try to give an answer about the other categories you mentioned.
What is your opinion about placement of UI mods? Such as Route Advisor skins (not the map, just the interface), The Black Background mod for the menu, company avatars, etc.
UI mods can be placed anywhere, except for company avatars which I guess should be placed at least above map mods.
Company structure mods, like the "more drivers" mod for your company?
More drivers can be placed anywhere. I don't know about other company structure mods.
Traffic light timing mods? (I don't know what to categorise that as.)
Traffic light timing should be placed above map mods.
Daylight timing mods that change sunrise/sunset times? (Would that be grouped with weather?)
This depends on what map mods you use. Some map mods comes with their own sunrise/sunset times. The same is true for weather mods. So a separate sunrise/sunset mod must be placed above map mods and weather mods, but bear in mind that you might get wrong results: for instance, don't put a summer sunrise/sunset mod above a winter weather mod...

Return to “Modding Guides”