Load Order - ETS2 v1.49 Map Combos (Updated 07 Apr 2024 - Heart of Africa - Horn of Africa - Road into Wilderness)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
BenganJ

Re: Load Order - ETS2 v1.40 Map Combos (Updated 21 april 2021 - Viewpoint fix)

#311 Post by BenganJ » 21 Apr 2021 13:14

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 21 Apr 2021 12:39 Why are you planning to remove the ProMods based background map mod? I know that there are some problems with alignments, but at least this PM based background mod doesn't have this ugly shift anomaly all over EAA... I mean, even if you remove this PM based background mod, I probably still will using it.
As I said before, if all go as planned, they will not be needed any more!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@3.60GHz
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
[ external image ]
Stephen Butler

Re: Load Order - ETS2 v1.40 Map Combos (Updated 21 april 2021 - EAA fix - Backgrounds)

#313 Post by Stephen Butler » 21 Apr 2021 14:46

Hello:
This is crazy.

I have modelled the load order in exactly the same way as is on the opening post of this thread as of about lunchtime today.. I couldn't see my earlier post from this morning; I'm assuming it was removed for some reason. Anyway, I deleted the game.log file and allowed ETS2 to create a new one, and we are back to a manageable file size. You should see a link to it here:

https://pastebin.com/xBmw57GE

So, you won't see a crash as such on here, but I know that, once the 'yellow bar' sticks at a certain point, that's it, no go. The record is two hours and three minutes so far before I gave up. That's right; I actually watched the whole of the film THE SHAPE OF WATER in between and the bar had moved not one iota. I've been told repeated that it takes time for the navigation to load on the first occasion; I know this, but that's once the load reaches further than this, and it tells me that this is happening on screen.

I wonder if anybody reads this, could they have a look at my game.log file? There's certain questions I have regarding it, like, why on Earth are there hundreds of error messages about not being able to find buildings? Why, after loading Europe.mbd, do I get dozens of Excessive sector boundary errors? Ignoring obsolete attributes? And why are mods mounted and then immediately unmounted, including dozens of mods that I'm not even using?

So, my load order is exactly as the latest version of the first post in this thread, and I am using no other mods than the ones listed in that post, and in that order. They have been checked, and verified. My wife looked at them. And just to cast any doubt aside, I am using all map DLCs, up to and including Iberia. I don't know what other information I can give. I hope someone can come up with a solution to this.

Best wishes,
Stephen x
Vinnie Terranova

Re: Load Order - ETS2 v1.40 Map Combos (Updated 21 april 2021 - EAA fix - Backgrounds)

#314 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 21 Apr 2021 15:02

A very quick look: you have an outdated road connection: ROEX295RusMap231RC.scs, but I don't know if that's the reason of your long loading time.
BenganJ

#315 Post by BenganJ » 21 Apr 2021 15:07

@Stephen Butler

Why the heck do you have Promods ME above the Global background mods? Move
those two mods down right above Promods normal mods! The RC for connection
to Turkey map will NOT function e.g.! Please, at least follow the mods order in
first post as seen.

EDIT: And as Vinnie says the RC you should use is this one, ROEX295RusMap240RC.scs.
Get it here: https://roextended.ro/forum/viewtopic.p ... 700#p35700
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System: Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790@3.60GHz
Memory: 16GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX1660Ti
[ external image ]
Stephen Butler

#316 Post by Stephen Butler » 21 Apr 2021 17:21

@Vinnie Terranova Thank you so much for your assistance. Unfortunately, it made no difference.

@BenganJ Thank you also. Unfortunately, whatever that game log was telling you, the two ProMods Middle East files were in fact just above the regular ProMods files. They were this morning, they are now. I have not moved them. To prove it, I went outside and waterboarded myself by placing a damp towel over my face and pouring cold water down over it. Sadly, I'll admit I bottled it at the last minute and loads of cold water went in my ear.

However, despite the minor slip with the Romania Extended road connection mod (see above) I can assure you that the mods are where they should be according to the load order in the first post. I don't know how to read this game.log file, but I do know that the top of it shows you the kind of equipment and version of Windows® I am using, should there be any need to know. Thank you so much again for your time. Below is the new game.log file, hot off the presses:

https://pastebin.com/eqKKzMHk

Cheers,
Stephen x
Vinnie Terranova

#317 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 21 Apr 2021 17:37

@Stephen Butler What is AfroMap 2.1 doing in your map combo? You need AfroMap 2.2. And within AfroMap 2.2 you need to edit the manifest file. Also you have EAA5.5_-_CAPS_FIX which is outdated, too. You also don't need EAA6.1_Ferry_Clean-Up as it is meant for EAA standalone.
I get the feeling that you have edited manifest files of some old mods to make it work in your map combo. Obiously that doesn't work. You'll need the most recent versions of the mods. You don't need to edit anything except for the manifest.sii file within AfroMap 2.2.scs.
Keisari78

#318 Post by Keisari78 » 21 Apr 2021 17:51

How fast does your games load up? After the first couple of times of course, just curios🤔
Digital X

#319 Post by Digital X » 21 Apr 2021 18:31

1 minute 16 seconds. Used a stopwatch on my phone. But I have a lot of truck mods.
Stephen Butler

#320 Post by Stephen Butler » 21 Apr 2021 18:33

[ external image ]Ah... the old Afromap ploy... well, that happened because I could not find a 2.2 anywhere on the internet. It's not easy for a man with my knees. Three days ago, on the RO EX forum, @BenganJ was calling it a 'stolen map.' What has changed in the three days since, I don't know, but I still haven't been able to find it on any of the mod sites, or indeed via Google. All Google does, when searching "Afromap 2.2" is return me back to forums such as this one. So yes, I'll admit having a quickie with the manifest.sii file. Furthermore, I can tell you that: my EAA CAPS FIX is definitely 6.1. If you look at the game log again, you'll see the following line:

[mod_package_manager] Mod "EAA 6.1 CAPS FIX" has been mounted. (package_name: EAA5.5_-_CAPS_FIX, version: 6.1, source: User mods)

followed by:

[zipfs] EAA5.5_-_CAPS_FIX.zip: Unmounted

So the game itself is getting confused over which version it might be looking for and/or finding.

The screenshot included here will show what is included in the mod details and while it does refer to 5.5 in the package name, this has NOT BEEN EDITED BY ME. The ferry clean up mod is now gone. I hope some of this confusing mess might help. x
Attachments
20210421192403_1.jpg

Return to “Modding Guides”