Load Order - ETS2 v1.49 Map Combos (Updated 07 Apr 2024 - Heart of Africa - Horn of Africa - Road into Wilderness)

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Vinnie Terranova

Re: Load Order - ETS2 v1.40 Map Combos (Updated 19 april 2021 - EAA)

#261 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 19 Apr 2021 19:07

@Digital X there is a ferry connection to Greenland. I even took a job from Nanortalik to Hanover succesfully. But I have to say that I use a quite old background map mod together with an EAA-ProMods fix for that background. Maybe that's the reason that I can see and use the ferry to Greenland.

There's also another possibility: I think on the ProMods forum there is a statement that the default ferry connection that comes together with Project Greenland doesn't work. There is a fixed ferry connection; maybe I use that fixed version and I just forgot... If that's the case I have to put an extra note under the load order list.
<edit> I use the ferry connection that comes with the v0.20 version of Project Greenland. The ferry connection that came with v0.15 didn't work. So I guess in the end it is a background map issue...?

@alexhob123 unfortunately that's the way it is. Especially in the early weeks after a major update or DLC from SCS has released. Most of the time there are a lot of mods that have to be updated and/or fixed after such SCS update or DLC release.

<edit> load order is updated with an extra fix for EAA. Also, the sign fix is moved just above the EAA mod files. Hopefully we don't need more fixes.
Digital X

#262 Post by Digital X » 19 Apr 2021 19:40

If you find out what background you use could you link it please?

Also "EAA 6.1 MapCombo Fix" is not allowing me to find it, maybe due to too common a phrase or terminology. It's not a mod I've heard of before. If you could link the aforementioned two I would appreciate it, thanks.
Vinnie Terranova

#263 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 19 Apr 2021 19:54

After doublechecking I don't use an 'quite old' background mod, I use the "Promods based combos mod v1.1. [New Feb.14th 2021]" which you can find on the RoExtended forum. But I use it together with a fix called "ETS2_LAMB_SAT_BG_MAP_BORDERS_BLACK_PM_FIX". This fix eliminates the strange 'shift' anomaly in EAA and Felixstowe(?), UK. The downside is that cities are not positioned in the correct locations, but at least I don't have this big shift anomaly in EAA. Unfortunately this fix is not on the RoExtended forum anymore. I could ask BenganJ if it's okay to reupload this fix and directly link to it in the load order list.
Digital X

#264 Post by Digital X » 19 Apr 2021 19:56

OK thanks I'll use that background. Yeah I have the Black PM Fix in my mod list, I know the anomaly you mean, the stretched roads.

If you can ask him that would be great, I thought it was new though seeing as EAA 6.1 is new?
Vinnie Terranova

#265 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 19 Apr 2021 20:08

I just asked BenganJ, but if you already have that fix, then it must be the background map you use, or there must be something else that causes you to not see the Greenland ferry.

BenganJ just mentioned that this fix is included in the newest version of the background map. I will check my load order tomorrow.
Keisari78

#266 Post by Keisari78 » 20 Apr 2021 00:46

Sorry Vinnie to bother you i see you are very busy🙄but i cant find this fix.. EAA 6.1 Rusmap 2.4.0 FIX? 🙄Sorry🙄
Vinnie Terranova

#267 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 20 Apr 2021 06:05

You can find it in the EAA Map v6.1 thread on the RoExtended website.
assayaro

#268 Post by assayaro » 20 Apr 2021 06:57

It's such a good writing for beginners like me.
I need to ask you a big favor.
Even if it's cumbersome...I'd appreciate it if you could link all the files in the article.
It's a little hard to find the files from my perspective.
Digital X

#269 Post by Digital X » 20 Apr 2021 07:31

https://roextended.ro/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7 EAA and Rusmap Combo fix.

@assayaro I can do.
Vinnie Terranova

#270 Post by Vinnie Terranova » 20 Apr 2021 07:45

When I decided to start this Load Order thread I've thought about putting links to all the files. But even without putting links to the files, it sometimes takes me a lot of time to maintain, and sometimes test, the load order(s). Each time a mod gets updated, or a new fix releases I would have to update the links as well, which will cost me even more time. So, no, I will not link directly to the files.

But basically there are very few places where to look for all those files: forum.scssoft.com, roextended.ro and promods.net. If you can't find it there, then there's also google.com and even YouTube videos about load orders with direct links. If you don't know how to look for the mods in those places, you might consider to not use mods at all.

There are a few exceptions though, because sometimes a mod or fix is very hard to find. For instance:
- "Background Map Viewpoint Fix for ETS2 v1.40" which is a mod I created and I didn't create a new thread for it on the SCS forum, so it would be impossible to find this mod fix without a direct link
- The new Def file for JRR and the new PJ Indo files, as i don't know if the first post of JRR / PJ Indo has been updated yet, so I created a link to the post where you can find those files
Those are the only files I've linked to.

Return to “Modding Guides”