Road Sign Bugs still in V1.21 from original release

WerewolfCustoms

Re: Road Sign Bugs still in V1.21 from original release

#11 Post by WerewolfCustoms » 02 Oct 2015 10:56

@Joske:

First, you have to understand that different people/teams work on these things. Creating "useless DLC's like truck skins" (which I really enjoy and use heavily!) does not mean that people fixing bugs will have less time to do so.

And, as far as realism goes - SCS stated a couple of times that they have to find a "perfect balance" between realism and playability. In the end, this is just a game. It's really good and very true to reality, but still just a game.

Again, I'm not against fixing the signs, since they really do need fixing. Although, like I said - there's plenty of confusing sings in real life if you want reality. Oh, and I never was confused by them... heck, I don't even bother switching the lane... just drive over that crossed out part. And, isn't the prefab itself more confusing and unrealistic? ;)
Dr doom

#12 Post by Dr doom » 05 Oct 2015 05:22

There is a slight problem, the bug was reported long ago (as in the company Volvo was still called Valiant) and we where told that the bug will be fixed sometime in the future, the bug is still here and will probably be here for a long time to come, so you will have to wait some time until they decide to fix it. :|
ohaha

#13 Post by ohaha » 05 Oct 2015 06:13

I have a slight hunch that sign type won't get fixed, any time soon.
tbh, I'd rather see the whole prefab replaced with the new types, and that would get rid of the sign issue, too. Probably (just a thought) that's why the signs don't get fixed...

Oh, and speaking of fixing, the roof on that trailer also need an "Edge Split" modifier applied to it :D
Retired, but still loving it.
Axel Slingerland

#14 Post by Axel Slingerland » 05 Oct 2015 06:46

I am not quite blind but I have really bad vision, and I never pay any attention to the signs since I can't read them anyway. I would have to pull up right in front of one and stop in order to read what it says. Otherwise, they're a blur to me. I just use the GPS to find my way, and I used to just follow it where I was supposed to go. But now with the new waypoints, it's even better. I can set the route however I like. No need for signs.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
SiSL
SCS Software

#15 Post by SiSL » 05 Oct 2015 06:50

ohaha wrote:I have a slight hunch that sign type won't get fixed, any time soon.
tbh, I'd rather see the whole prefab replaced with the new types, and that would get rid of the sign issue, too.
Well, I want to believe that, but I can't... Changing existing prefabs mean almost entire map redone considering how much that prefab is used, I don't believe SCS would do that.

Beside like other "map mods" and "scandinavia", we know too much different prefab usage kills the engine capacity rather than cardboards for distances....
Dr doom

#16 Post by Dr doom » 06 Oct 2015 05:44

^^
They will fix this bug eventually and hey probably will change the prefab in the future ;)
ohaha

#17 Post by ohaha » 06 Oct 2015 05:52

SiSL, I think changing that prefab on the whole map is not hard.
They just simply rebuild it, adding an extra lane for going forward and re-shaping the exit lane, for a more realistic look and function.
Of course, all AI path connections should remain unchanged - even if there is no AI going on the added outside lane - that can be for the player only.

I once had a go at re-working one of the prefabs (not sure if this one) and it turned out to be functional, without going into the actual prefab inner workings, just the mesh model. It was ugly and bumpy because my limited skills and computer power (they are quite demanding) prevented me from reaching SCS quality, but the proof of concept exists.
Retired, but still loving it.
TimTom121

#18 Post by TimTom121 » 07 Dec 2015 01:24

I totally agree with the OP. It's a major nuisance to constantly end up in the wrong lanes.

And we're not alone, see here: Recent bug report on Steam forums

More than 60 responses of annoyed players, within just 1 week.

Devs -- you guys listening?
This bug has been around since ETS1 came out (2008?).
Time to fix it!

Return to “Bugs 1.21”