Road Sign Bugs still in V1.21 from original release

Joske

Road Sign Bugs still in V1.21 from original release

#1 Post by Joske » 01 Oct 2015 15:31

It really gets frustrating when the road signs are giving you wrong information regarding off ramps/slip roads/sortie/ausfahrt etc.

Look at these two examples of road signs giving you wrong information regarding the road ahead.

[ external image ]

The sign on the left clearly indicates that both lanes below are to Bern and the right sign clearly states that the slip road is to Milano and Torino. Can anyone spot the error?

You got it. Only one lane is going to Bern!!!! (The hatched area is not for you to drive on). The sign falsely gives you the impression that both lanes are a continuation of the motorway.

Here is another example

[ external image ]

The sign on the left clearly indicates that both lanes below are to Strasbourg and Metz and the right sign clearly states that the slip road is to Dijon and Paris. Same issue as above.

This issue occurs a lot throughout the non DLC part of ETS2 i.e. France/Germany/Italy etc etc.

This ideally needs to be fixed SCS.
MandelSoft
Beta tester

Re: Road Sign Bugs still in V1.21 from original release

#2 Post by MandelSoft » 01 Oct 2015 20:40

This has been my pet peeve ever since the game came out over two years ago...

And even in the DLC areas they do miss some spots...
http://puu.sh/jG1sV/2b2aecb2ae.jpg
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.
Joske

#3 Post by Joske » 01 Oct 2015 21:14

It's a shame SCS are spending more time making rather useless add-on's rather than fixing critical errors.

I also wonder if many of the Beta Testers are under the age to drive hence why they never picked up on these mistakes.
MandelSoft
Beta tester

#4 Post by MandelSoft » 02 Oct 2015 07:14

I actually pointed out this mistake multiple times.
However, I decided to solve the problem at hand myself when mapping for ProMods. This bug you see here is much less common in ProMods, especially in Germany, France, Austria and Italy.
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.
WerewolfCustoms

#5 Post by WerewolfCustoms » 02 Oct 2015 07:42

Joske wrote:It's a shame SCS are spending more time making rather useless add-on's rather than fixing critical errors.
I am amazed that you have the nerve to say that any addons and DLC's that SCS made are useless. If you don't use or like them, it does not mean they are useless. Those addons and DLC's are enjoyed by thousands of people. And, DLC's help keep the company balance in the green. Also, this sign is far from being a critical error, and it is certainly not more important than new content. I often see signs in real life that are even more confusing or misleading. In the end - I'm not saying that SCS shouldn't fix this, just that it's not such a big issue as you're trying to present it.

As for beta testers - a lot of them are probably underage. But that's logical, since underage kids are a huge part of the target audience for games.
Axel Slingerland

#6 Post by Axel Slingerland » 02 Oct 2015 08:28

Seriously, Joske? If I came to your house and insulted you and your work, what would your reaction be? Trust me on this, there are far better ways of expressing your dissatisfaction with something than petty insults.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
Joske

#7 Post by Joske » 02 Oct 2015 10:39

Sorry my last reply didn't express exactly what I meant to say. I wasn't implying all add on's and DLC's made by SCS are useless. Some are excellent and the expansion packs like Go East and Scandinavia are worth their weight in gold but since SCS are trying to make a simulator and focusing on realism especially by adding real landmarks, truck names, trucks, interiors, cities and now even cabin accessories etc. they have sort of moved away from the roots of this game. Its main focus is driving and road signs are an important feature when driving in the real world. They are not there just for fun or to confuse you unlike in ETS2.

So yes it is a big problem for a driving game when they don't fix these bugs and spend more time polishing the product rather than making the quality of the product better. But hey ho that's business, as you said it's about keeping them in the green. I just think time spent creating some useless DLC's like truck skins etc. could be used fixing this issue instead but as we both know SCS make no money from this.

To me fixing the road signs will boost gameplay enjoyment and give a sense of realism as opposed to frustration and cursing.

Beta Testers are ideally there to find bugs and report them to the developer prior to public launch. It has very little to do with target audience. As a Beta tester you are there to find bugs and glitches, make constructive comments and help them create a final better product. SCS are clearly pushing for realism, so this is clearly an over sight on there part.
Last edited by Joske on 02 Oct 2015 10:51, edited 2 times in total.
plykkegaard

#9 Post by plykkegaard » 02 Oct 2015 10:52

Thanks
This is really appreciated, please remember the problems is on if not all then almost every non custom interchange

Driving by night with heavy traffic it can be quite messy
Need to use innermost lane to play it safe ;-)

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Joske

#10 Post by Joske » 02 Oct 2015 10:54

If it has been mentioned multiple times in the past, then I doubt SCS will ever fix it.

I guess pro mods it is. ;)

Return to “Bugs 1.21”