Expensive garage bug

johnzd

Expensive garage bug

#1 Post by johnzd » 15 Oct 2015 01:13

The small windows by the garage doors are not on the inside, it's just a wall.
johnzd

Expensive garage windows bug

#2 Post by johnzd » 15 Oct 2015 01:35

Here is the screenshot of the problem.
The windows on the building on the outside are not from the inside.
Attachments
ets2_00006.jpg
ets2_00006.jpg (217.09 KiB) Viewed 4797 times
Axel Slingerland

Re: Expensive garage bug

#3 Post by Axel Slingerland » 15 Oct 2015 06:29

It's always been like that since I got the game two years ago... It's obviously not a problem that is high on the fix it list.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
johnzd

#4 Post by johnzd » 16 Oct 2015 17:31

I've edited the dds file and made my own, but still the windows are there. Anyway of fixing it to remove the windows?

This really bugs me, makes a joke of a game, don't like that :mrgreen:
plykkegaard

#5 Post by plykkegaard » 16 Oct 2015 17:44

Fix the model as the windows has a different material/shaing properties

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
johnzd

#6 Post by johnzd » 16 Oct 2015 18:40

Sure :) Maybe gonna do that than post it here :) But before I do that...

could it be easier to switch to Scandinavian garage model, I prefer it anyways... since it hasn't got these issues, so I would use that model everywhere.
Would that be easier (faster)?

Can I copy the scandinavian model under the same name as regular model, overwrite it, would that work?
johnzd

#7 Post by johnzd » 16 Oct 2015 19:40

I managed to somehow open the model of the garage and make my focus on the left side. Damn In last few days I just learned how to even open dds and now i need to do this :lol:

So It's gonna be a struggle to change the windows, easiest thing I can think of is just removing them.
Though I am not sure even how is this possible.
As far as I can tell they are somehow related to "Vis 03"

some tips would be good :P

for now i am just planning to delete vis 03 :D
Last edited by Reef on 16 Oct 2015 20:12, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: The attachment feature is meant to be used only for bug reporting.
Axel Slingerland

#8 Post by Axel Slingerland » 16 Oct 2015 20:10

johnzd wrote:Can I copy the scandinavian model under the same name as regular model, overwrite it, would that work?
Yeah, it's possible if you know how to do it, as it is not quite that simple as just copying and renaming files. You have to edit some of the paths to various files, etc. If you don't know how to do that, you can try some of the mods that are based on that garage. You can find them by doing a Google search for "ETS2 New Large Garage" and you'll find a series of mods based on that garage by HomerS. There are a few modified versions of HomerS's mod by Fred_be and a few other people, but not all of them are compatible with ETS2 1.19 and later. Unless they've been fixed since I last looked into it, they have some errors due to changes in the game updates. Disappearing gas pumps, etc., that I was not able to fix myself, due to limit knowledge of such things. So I went back to a customized version of the original large garage with a company sign. I decided it was better to have a garage that has odd windows than one with disappearing gas pumps.
[ external image ]

johnzd

#9 Post by johnzd » 16 Oct 2015 20:17

Yeah, never meant it was that easy, went for a try and fail tactics :), but it would probably take a learning phase on how to fix this which :mrgreen: :mrgreen: i don't feel like :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
But I don't wanna be stuck with that odd garage also, seems will have to wait for ets 4 :)
Axel Slingerland

#10 Post by Axel Slingerland » 16 Oct 2015 20:29

You'll be waiting a looong time for ETS4... [ external image ]

Anyway, I was wrong... The disappearing gas pumps was a different mod. The mods I told you about have some mis-applied textures. A forklift that reminds me of a wooden version of Fred Flintstone's car, and the gas pumps. These quite possibly may be able to be fixed, but I don't know how to do it. And there are speed limit signs in the parking lot \ drive way, which I think is rather pointless and unnecessary.
[ external image ]

Return to “Bugs 1.21”