trailer stability not starting. [21082]

Stewen

trailer stability not starting. [21082]

#1 Post by Stewen » 17 Oct 2015 13:01

This video presents the trailer stability param "game start" not running.
please correct this problem, I like it this effect trailer stability default param :)
Last edited by Reef on 18 Oct 2015 23:12, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Fixed YT tag.
Cruz3r

Re: trailer stability not starting.

#2 Post by Cruz3r » 17 Oct 2015 14:11

Please follow the Bug Reporting Rules
I want to play a game
TruckerKid

#3 Post by TruckerKid » 17 Oct 2015 22:51

I can actually confirm on a clean profile that the game, in fact, does not apply the trailer stability parameter upon startup and only works once you've moved the slider in some way.

Ignore the warnings about mod files, it's just the game saying that there are no manifest files in them. They are used on a different profile. This bug WAS tested using a profile that does not have mods.
Gamelog: http://pastebin.com/uD8weW5r

Game Version 1.21
All DLC excluding Prehistoric Paint DLC
No Mods
Reproducible: Yes: Start up game, drive with a fairly heavy trailer (preferably a dryvan/reefer as well) and do some quick over correcting, then go into the gameplay settings and adjust the Trailer Stability Slider. Do some quick maneuvers again and you will notice the difference.
Stewen

#4 Post by Stewen » 17 Oct 2015 23:13

Why not running automatic this default trailer stability parameter if start ETS2 ?

If default use ets2 game, many many users not see this real graphics experience tow trailers.

:(

This problem not "mod" problem, ( my brutal engine run without errors and warnings...) :)

this my game.log.txt

http://www.stewen.hu/game.log.txt

thank you.
Axel Slingerland

#5 Post by Axel Slingerland » 18 Oct 2015 04:58

TruckerKid wrote:I can actually confirm on a clean profile that the game, in fact, does not apply the trailer stability parameter upon startup and only works once you've moved the slider in some way.
If you know that's the case, why not just do it that way and be done with it. How long does that take, two seconds? In my opinion, it's not much of a problem if that's the way to "fix" it.
[ external image ]

Boycott YouTube for Blocking Ad Blockers
TruckerKid

#6 Post by TruckerKid » 18 Oct 2015 05:39

Because it only temporarily fixes it, it works the entire game session until you quit, then you have to re-adjust it once you've started the game back up and I, and probably many others, would like to have it set as I like and, as you said, be done with it... for good. It's still a bug anyway, since it is a gameplay setting and is not properly being detected upon startup.
Stewen

#7 Post by Stewen » 18 Oct 2015 08:54

if this support:

ETS2 perform load calculations trailer stabilization, but does not perform any re-calculations.
I edited prfofile / 53746577656E / config.cfg line: uset g_trailer_stability "0.5" to uset g_trailer_stability "9.9" game and start working and Trailer Stability without starting config panel.... (as if it was alive parameter 0.5)

if it were obvious solution would have written her "mod" I think so but it's not possible.

Without ETS2 development parameter, descriptions and explanations without book, only speculation is possible, we are moders.
Cruz3r

#8 Post by Cruz3r » 18 Oct 2015 09:09

The only thing i see in the video is a heavyly modded game in the dark. I can´t even see a trailer. Please make a video on a new clean profile in vanilla game and "3rd person" view (button 2) so we can watch how the trailer moves.

I tested it how you discribed it in the video, but i couldn´t see any difference.
I want to play a game
Stewen

#9 Post by Stewen » 18 Oct 2015 09:23

the video was not a coincidence dark. Good contrast by night lighting crash barrier. Does not need to look to move the trailer, but "sees the horizon."
TruckerKid

#10 Post by TruckerKid » 18 Oct 2015 16:51

@Cruz3r
The best way to test it is by setting the slider all the way to the left and then restart the game. Once you've restarted, and without readjusting the setting, get a 20 ton dryvan/reefer and attempt to flip the truck and trailer while driving at highway speed (without actually rolling it of course). Now, move the slider a bit and place it back to the left side. Try to flip the truck and trailer and you'll notice its a lot easier to do so.

Return to “Bugs 1.21”