TOYS DLC: Removal of mods, savefile giving errors forever

SiSL
SCS Software

TOYS DLC: Removal of mods, savefile giving errors forever

#1 Post by SiSL » 31 Oct 2015 19:50

This is a not a bug about any mods, but more about "modding" part. It is more about "recovery from mods" on save file (similiar to be done for trailers / wheels)

Description: If you add any non-official mods for cabin accessories slots, place "modded" accessories and then remove the mod, game keeps giving "red errors" on game log, does not replace unfindable items with a fallback replacement.

For instance and how to remake:

1. I installed a cabin mod, adding a ball on toyhang slot.
2. Added the new toy on toyhang slot and save/quit the game
3. Removed the mod.
4. Now my truck gives errors for every about the ball until I sell the truck completely.
5. Place a "official" soccer ball on toyhang slot and save / accept change. (So you think you replaced the old toyhang)
6. Relog game and you will still get error of non-finding of previous toy on toyhang slot, even if you have official soccer ball there.

Normally it has been made for other parts such as wheels , trailers and other slots, it has a fallback, with toy slots, this is not possible, even if you replace the slot you still get the error of not finding previous modded thing.

PS: I don't think it is needed to gamelog.txt here but here is an example...

Code: Select all

01:03:44.557 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file "/def/vehicle/truck/daf.xf/accessory/toyseat/objecttest.sisl_tr.sii" in the read_only mode
This is example of a sii file removed from the mod itself long long ago... Also replaced toyseat with another existing object, but still remains error in your save file.
Dr doom

Re: TOYS DLC: Removal of mods, savefile giving errors foreve

#2 Post by Dr doom » 01 Nov 2015 05:45

If you have a mod the that adds some tuning parts eg: air freshener you will have to sell the truck or remove the item and then remove the mod or you will come into a world of crashes and errors.
SiSL
SCS Software

#3 Post by SiSL » 01 Nov 2015 06:26

Yes, currently it is... I'm just pointing it out this, earlier Max told me about their work about saving "savefile" from removed mods, and SCS did it greatly with most equipment but I think since this DLC is new, they oversought this feature for new slots.

This is bad for a few things, for instance, if I make a mod update for same mod and modder removed an old or defunct item, your save will have that forever, which is why I actually made a bug report.

It does not crash or anything but keep getting red errors forever. There should be a fallback / replacement after getting the error for the first time.
SiSL
SCS Software

#4 Post by SiSL » 14 Dec 2015 04:26

1.22 Bug

Also you can easily exploit this to have multiple toys at same slot:

[ external image ]

1. Place an item
2. Bug the item from def file giving overriden same physics name.
3. Place another item on the same slot
4. Fix the bugged def file

Voila...

But this could seriously bug save file / profile later...

Return to “Bugs 1.21”