Fixed truck speed limiter [NOT A BUG]

The Gamemaster

Fixed truck speed limiter [NOT A BUG]

#1 Post by The Gamemaster » 25 Nov 2015 16:30

I can't turn off the truck speed limiter during WOTR mission (it's grayed out).

Is this a feature or a bug because I couldn't find it in the update notes?
Scaild

Re: Fixed truck speed limiter [NOT A BUG]

#2 Post by Scaild » 25 Nov 2015 16:41

It's just when you are doing WoTr job, so it's a feature I think :-D
jarvik79

#3 Post by jarvik79 » 25 Nov 2015 16:45

Might or might not be a feature, but it would make sense to be limited, if you think about it, when the ultimate aim of Contracts is functionally multiplayer. It takes "cheating" on the time to complete contract out of scope for all players.
SiSL
SCS Software

#4 Post by SiSL » 25 Nov 2015 16:48

Speedlimiter is mandatory on real roads for safety., For sake of "game fun" you can opt-out for your single player.

So it is same in "where you compete with real people"
Viktor
SCS Software

#5 Post by Viktor » 25 Nov 2015 17:11

Greetings guys,

Enabled speed limiter for jobs on World of Trucks is intended feature. For any online interaction and future World of Trucks gameplay features we have to make sure all player's play by equal rules so everyone have equal opportunities.
So making sure that all are bound to 90 km/h speed-limiter does just that.

There might be more things that we haven't considered, that might make unfair edge of one player over another. We hoped all players participating in WOTR activities will actively help us to find such loopholes.
hippo

#6 Post by hippo » 25 Nov 2015 23:17

I hope you increase it to 98kph for those of us driving in UK with the higher speed limits. Its a bit naff not being able to go at the actual speed limit.

A better idea might be to set the upper limit to national speed limit if National Speed limit (legal) >90kph
hippo

#7 Post by hippo » 25 Nov 2015 23:19

SiSL wrote:Speedlimiter is mandatory on real roads for safety., For sake of "game fun" you can opt-out for your single player.

So it is same in "where you compete with real people"
I fail to understand where we are competing?
SiSL
SCS Software

#8 Post by SiSL » 26 Nov 2015 00:15

Competing is on WoT site, there will be statistics there and possible "Hall of Fame" style lists.

As official word, if you don't like speed limit in place, just do normal jobs instead of new jobs.
NoviFrance

#9 Post by NoviFrance » 26 Nov 2015 00:57

Viktor wrote:Greetings guys,

Enabled speed limiter for jobs on World of Trucks is intended feature. For any online interaction and future World of Trucks gameplay features we have to make sure all player's play by equal rules so everyone have equal opportunities.
So making sure that all are bound to 90 km/h speed-limiter does just that.

There might be more things that we haven't considered, that might make unfair edge of one player over another. We hoped all players participating in WOTR activities will actively help us to find such loopholes.
2 loopholes are surely :) - realistic fuel consumption enabled/disabled (Economics) and stabilization of the trailer minimum/maximum (the rate of passage of turns + error different types of controllers)
EvgenKo423

#10 Post by EvgenKo423 » 26 Nov 2015 08:58

Can I get a situation with WoTr jobs when there are no jobs in a destination city for now and I should wait or go to another city to take a next job? Or will it be possible to travel between cities without cargoes in online?
If yes, then it's unfair to have a speed limiter, because without a cargo a can go as fast as I want, just like a usual car.

Return to “Bugs 1.22”