Getting stuck at Gedser sea port

BelGarion

Re: Getting stuck at Gedser sea port

#21 Post by BelGarion » 12 Dec 2015 21:22

@Rhythmosaur Well, atm I am trying to tick off some of the cargo and map achievements and that's not easy with TSM or Jazzy's mods installed given the greater amount of various cargos, some non standard (Like a diesel locomotive) and greater map size (60% of the map or 100% of the map) . Hopefully, if I am diligent, should be able to tick some of those achievements off by the time the official 1.22 release of those mods come out. As for the rest, I still see this as a bug, I have plenty of room to fit though I should fit though, if the collision boxes are mucked up they need fixing.
Fsxdude04

#22 Post by Fsxdude04 » 12 Dec 2015 22:05

Oh dear, just because it looks like it will fit, does not mean that it will fit :? :evil:
[ external image ]
Main PC Specs: XFX R7 370 2GB DDR5 AMD A10-6700APU @4.2GHz 6GB DDR3 RAM Corsair CX430 PSU
Laptop Specs: Intel Pentium B960 @ 2.2GHz Intel HD GT1 Graphics, 4GB RAM
plykkegaard

#23 Post by plykkegaard » 12 Dec 2015 22:07

BelGarion wrote: they need fixing.
Lots and lots off stuff needs fixing and this might be one them but it's clearly not a bug

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Rhythmosaur

#24 Post by Rhythmosaur » 13 Dec 2015 00:16

An incorrect collision box will eventually come back to you in a place where the trailer definitly should fit. Yesterday, I delivered an Army Boat made by ROS on ROS into a militairy facillity in Schlüsselburg. The only way to get it into the hall were it was supposed to be dropped off was to decouple it and then push it in, because the entrance was too low. With an incorrect collision box, my plan B would not have succeeded, and that's when you get frustrated.

So, fixing this would certainly not be top priority, but in an environement where even AI traffic has correctly randomised license plates, where rivet counters keep the SCS guys busy with placing logos on mudflaps at the ultracorrect position, and gearboxes are simulated so closely that Scanias and Volvos unwillingness to autoshift in 12th gear is reproduced, fixing a collision box does not seem to be an unreasonable thing to politely ask for, in my opinion.
Hire Kriechbaum!, please!
Reece

#25 Post by Reece » 13 Dec 2015 22:54

Yes I think some of the priorities are misplaced as well. :?
Rhythmosaur

#26 Post by Rhythmosaur » 14 Dec 2015 03:25

I did not exactly say that. Infact, I adore SCS's apparent love for details; it is something that makes SCS stand out in my opinion. But then again, I imagine it to be frustrating for those guys getting the precise specs from the real manufacturer, modelling the truck, and then someone pops in saying "oooh, those door handles are a quarter inch too low. Fix it immediately!", usually with no positive word about the whole thing.
Hire Kriechbaum!, please!

Return to “Bugs 1.22”