- Go to your Audio settings;
- Set the Master volume to 0.5;
- Set the Sound effect volume to 0.5;
- Turn off the Music (to hear easily);
- Use a headphones, if possible (to hear easily).
- Go to About -> Truck Browser. Sound volume is as expected;
- Click through the top menu. Sound volume is 2 times louder!
- Go to any tab in Truck Browser, click through items to the left. No sound at all (bug?);
- Go to the Accessories tab;
- Click through the accessory pins. Sound volume is 2 times louder than expected!
- Select Light Bar pin (for example);
- Click through the items to the left. Sound volume is 2 times louder than expected!;
- Click through the red pins on a light bar. Sound volume is 2 times louder than expected!;
- Click through the items to the left (switch between the light bar addons). No sound at all (bug?);
- Delete the light bar addon by pressing [X]. Sound volume is as expected;
- Delete the light bar itself. Sound volume is ~3 times louder than expected!
- Go to About -> Trailer Browser;
- Click through the first drop-down. Sound volume is 2 times louder!;
- Click through the second and third drop-downs. Sound volume is as expected.
This one is the most annoying...
When driving like usual, going back to the game desktop from time to time. When opening a map or music player through the keyboard shortcut while driving. When finishing a delivery, after detaching a trailer, when the stats appears. In these cases I'm getting the same loud (~2-4 times louder then it should) *TICK* sound, and it really beats my ears (I'm playing in a headphones)!
For this one, unfortunately, reproducibility: random. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to reproduce it, I've tried a lot, it just happens randomly while playing.
Can happen multiple times per play session, can not to happen at all. Looks like some race condition.
Version: 18.104.22.168s, 64-bit.
Also, IIRC, it happens to me for a long time, ever since I bought this game, i.e. it probably existed before the patch 1.17.x.
I'm really looking forward for it to be fixed (#5 mostly), but it looks almost impossible...
If you need, here is some of my specs:
- Processor: Intel Core i7 860 @ 2.8GHz (4 cores, 8 threads);
- Memory: 8GB;
- Video card: GeForce GTS 450 [drivers: 353.62];
- Audio card: ASUS Xonar D1 [drivers: UNi Xonar 1822 v1.75a r2 ("a" is not "alpha" here)] (yes, I have a dedicated sound card, don't ask me why...);
- OS: Windows 7 x64 SP1.
I had to edit a post, I had no way to save moderator's comment as it's not a part of the post. Sorry.