abasstreppas Hella Lamp Pack 2.0.1 [Updated April 25 2022] DOUBLE BURNERS updated a even more!

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.

The LED's on the Jumbos, DRL's or Parking?

Poll ended at 16 May 2018 14:46

Keep as before, DRL
38%
Make them light up with parking
63%

Total votes: 64

zippe

Re: abasstreppas Hella Lamp Pack 2.0.1 [Updated Nov 16 2019]

#711 Post by zippe » 24 Mar 2021 20:05

@De_Ruyter Maybe you missunderstood my post, I didn't post this to get an fast update, I posted this for the users that are asking on the day of 1.40 release for mod updates ;)
I fully agree to your post, well said :)
De_Ruyter

#712 Post by De_Ruyter » 24 Mar 2021 20:18

zippe wrote: 24 Mar 2021 20:05 @De_Ruyter Maybe you missunderstood my post, I didn't post this to get an fast update, I posted this for the users that are asking on the day of 1.40 release for mod updates ;)
I fully agree to your post, well said :)
Was more trying to calm down people, I did understand your point. No worries haha
NARS

#713 Post by NARS » 01 Apr 2021 14:37

@De_Ruyter Your statement deserves to be on the front page of this forum for everyone to see and read! It should be like a banner or something written in capitals and flashing lights all around!! Really well stated! ;)
De_Ruyter

#714 Post by De_Ruyter » 03 Apr 2021 02:46

NARS wrote: 01 Apr 2021 14:37 @De_Ruyter Your statement deserves to be on the front page of this forum for everyone to see and read! It should be like a banner or something written in capitals and flashing lights all around!! Really well stated! ;)
Perhaps, I just find it rather disturbing that so many people think making mods is easy and can be done at a touch of a button so complain about updates and making life harder on the mod makers. Yet when looking at a game developer the same doesn't count suddenly? Things take time to make, lots of effort and you need to learn a lot. Don't even forget about doing research to get what you need. All these things are done by a real developer as well. Depending on the mod it could easily take weeks if not months if you wish to do things right. If things don't update 1 month after a new version appears, or you find something being broken, then sure! I would also report that as it involves a bug (likely because of a object changing or changing names). Those that want updated version are unfortunately often people that never bothered to make their own mod as they don't wish to put in time and effort them self's. Which is a shame as it would allow people to understand better what it takes to make something and also because a lot of good talent is being wasted on the laziness. I'm pretty sure there are enough people out there that end up adding amazing content of their own and likely turn out to be amazing mod makers in their own right.
Space_Night

#715 Post by Space_Night » 03 Apr 2021 03:26

and @De_Ruyter because of the lighting engine changes entire flare packs are having to be totally rebuilt, probably from the ground up in some cases and you're not doing that in 2 days and some dont understand this. RJL has to redo his flares on the Scanias, Kast had around 5 mods to rebuild. Obelhino had his fair share too and the more mods someone has, the longer it will take, so I hate to think how many Abass is having to rebuild because of the changes.

Hence why Obelinho's hella pack is not done yet and the boreman's have only just been done, he had to rebuild them, just like in 1.39 the sounds had to be totally re-recorded in some cases. so for @abasstreppas to do update this mod it will probably be more than a week to do, simply because its probably not a case of a couple of clicks of a mouse as he has to completely rebuild them and so because of this I am quite happy to wait for a few weeks more.
De_Ruyter

#716 Post by De_Ruyter » 03 Apr 2021 10:33

Space_Night wrote: 03 Apr 2021 03:26 and @De_Ruyter because of the lighting engine changes entire flare packs are having to be totally rebuilt, probably from the ground up in some cases and you're not doing that in 2 days and some dont understand this. RJL has to redo his flares on the Scanias, Kast had around 5 mods to rebuild. Obelhino had his fair share too and the more mods someone has, the longer it will take, so I hate to think how many Abass is having to rebuild because of the changes.

Hence why Obelinho's hella pack is not done yet and the boreman's have only just been done, he had to rebuild them, just like in 1.39 the sounds had to be totally re-recorded in some cases. so for @abasstreppas to do update this mod it will probably be more than a week to do, simply because its probably not a case of a couple of clicks of a mouse as he has to completely rebuild them and so because of this I am quite happy to wait for a few weeks more.
Ding ding ding, we have a winner.
Even paint job packs needed updates, so the whole modding community has these issues. Anyways, I'm stopping with this conversation. It isn't going to help the original topic in the end ;)
Space_Night

#717 Post by Space_Night » 03 Apr 2021 10:51

yeah, I feel sorry for Abass as he has to start totally from scratch with the flares as if he is building a new mod from the ground up so yeah, lets let him get on with it. (i think it will take at least a month to build them up as he probably has to rebuild the shells to the lamps in blender, the glass, everything)

and for RJL, with mirrors involved, its a probably a total rebuild of his Scanias.
De_Ruyter

#718 Post by De_Ruyter » 03 Apr 2021 11:40

Space_Night wrote: 03 Apr 2021 10:51 yeah, I feel sorry for Abass as he has to start totally from scratch with the flares as if he is building a new mod from the ground up so yeah, lets let him get on with it. (i think it will take at least a month to build them up as he probably has to rebuild the shells to the lamps in blender, the glass, everything)

and for RJL, with mirrors involved, its a probably a total rebuild of his Scanias.
I do not know how it works towards trucks, trailers or other things regarding the new lighting system. It probably needs a lot of adaptions regarding reflection surfaces etc. I can imagine it may need some additional work to make it suitable at least. For lights the same thing, plus the lights need to be adjusted to perform as lights in the new system. If you would use a pre 1.40 mod on 1.40 you would notice all kinds of weird effects happening, which needs to be fixed (or perhaps redone completely) It takes time to figure out even how to get to that stage and then fine tune things to make it look right.
Space_Night

#719 Post by Space_Night » 03 Apr 2021 12:07

well I am not a modder, you could give me Blender and I probably would not know where to start, yet alone build something as complex as a 3d model. However reflection surfaces are part of the bodywork therefore to do something like a truck, i would suspect that it would be a total rebuild from the ground up, so for Abass to do these lights as he has to rebuild the entire casing, lenses, mounting brackets. Throw in plastic, painted, chrome variants, thats 3 rebuilds for his yellow, chrome, then there's the ones with the strobes in, each one he's going to have to completely rebuild, (just like how all the sounds had to be completely re-recorded for 1.39 after being recorded for fmod in 1.38) we're gonna have to wait best part of a month, (probably longer for something complex like a truck)
xXCARL1992Xx

#720 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 03 Apr 2021 12:09

he doesnt need to rebuild anything, he just needs to adapt the textures to the new light and adjust the AO backing/vertex color if he has any on the models and then write new hookups
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]

Return to “Truck accessories”