[Rel] DAF 2021 Plastic Grilles

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
xXCARL1992Xx

Re: [REL] DAF XG/XG+ Painted Parts

#41 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 13 Jun 2021 12:49

the intakes are already mapped, just changed it to truckpaint shader, assign the texture for truckpaint and set all uvs to UV_0, no need to make new UVs, at least for the intakes, the fenders are a different thing but it looks like they are already properly unwraped just scaled bigger to make the plastic texture fit better
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Kemoauc

#42 Post by Kemoauc » 13 Jun 2021 12:59

@Solutech Where i can find this Carbon Skin?
Navigation Voice "This is the Way!....."
Solutech

#43 Post by Solutech » 13 Jun 2021 13:06

Its in the metallic skin packs @Kemoauc its called Carbon Olive . You can alter the colours I wasnt keen on the original green lol .
[ external image ]
Author of ReMoled series of mods,V8K Blaine ReWork and general helpful chap .
Winchester1979

#44 Post by Winchester1979 » 13 Jun 2021 13:13

xXCARL1992Xx wrote: 13 Jun 2021 12:49 the intakes are already mapped, just changed it to truckpaint shader, assign the texture for truckpaint and set all uvs to UV_0, no need to make new UVs, at least for the intakes, the fenders are a different thing but it looks like they are already properly unwraped just scaled bigger to make the plastic texture fit better
Hmm. The default on the front mask is UV_0 already, but I see there's also a UV_1 that is not assigned under Mapping, might that be the shader needed for the flake paint?
Kemoauc

#45 Post by Kemoauc » 13 Jun 2021 13:17

@Solutech Thx for the Info!
Navigation Voice "This is the Way!....."
xXCARL1992Xx

#46 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 13 Jun 2021 13:21

no, flake doesnt need any extra layer, same for metallic or mask paint, they never neded on, at least to my knowledge, on the old trucks UV_0 was the AO baked texture, UV_1 was the template for the skin and UV_2 was alternat_uvset wich is obsolet now for new trucks, a UV_1 is only there because this shader is used on a piece that also has normal mapping from when SCS made the truck before cutting it up, just change shader to truckpaint and assign UV_0 to all 3 slots and set diffuse, specular and shininess to the correct values from the cabin truckpaint,

but now that i look at it the part where the DAF logo is does need to be corrected but it already is reasonable good unwrapped, you just need to rotate and scale it

[ external image ]

if you want i can send you the blend file for this one at least
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Zakxaev68

#47 Post by Zakxaev68 » 13 Jun 2021 13:58

Hold up with the numbers. So UV_0 is the base as usual, UV_1 becomes UV_3 to give room for the template then UV_0 is cloned, renamed to UV_1 and re-mapped? I'm quite slow at times. :lol:

I've got the metallic paintjobs broken on the top part of the mask so I guess it's a bit tricky with the UVs.
Hard truckin' on the virtual roads since 2002...

The Big Rig Rock is under indefinite hiatus!
Wolfi
Beta tester

#48 Post by Wolfi » 13 Jun 2021 14:04

Solutech wrote: 13 Jun 2021 12:45 Base and nmap only need UV_0 and UV_1 . Paint takes UV_0 , UV_1 & UV_2 , Nmap then lives on UV_3 . Rename UV_1 to UV_3 . Then make sure UV_0 is sized and mapped to the right position . Once thats done dupe the uv twice and set as UV_1 UV_2 .
That's actually not true. Most new trucks in both ATS and ETS2 use UV_0 for the base texture, UV_1 is used for paint and UV_2 is used for normalmap. (assuming the truck even uses a normalmap) And this is also the case for new Daf.
So basically you need to duplicate UV_1 and rename it to UV_2 (for the normalmap which really isn't important for custom bits as most of them don't use it) and then you need to remap the UV_1, or in some cases replace UV_1 with UV_0 as some UV_0's have a proper paint mapping already. (I know, it's confusing as quack)
Unfortunately, this will be quite a bit of work if you want to get all the parts right. This may prove tricky as SCS Daf while mapped rather nicely, has weird scaling in some areas.
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
Winchester1979

#49 Post by Winchester1979 » 13 Jun 2021 14:10

Well, I don't even know right now what the proper names for these parts are as applied to the acc_list attribute, so I can't really even test whether I got it right or not...

I did just create a couple more variants that may be in the next release.
Solutech

#50 Post by Solutech » 13 Jun 2021 14:16

Wolfi wrote: 13 Jun 2021 14:04
Solutech wrote: 13 Jun 2021 12:45 Base and nmap only need UV_0 and UV_1 . Paint takes UV_0 , UV_1 & UV_2 , Nmap then lives on UV_3 . Rename UV_1 to UV_3 . Then make sure UV_0 is sized and mapped to the right position . Once thats done dupe the uv twice and set as UV_1 UV_2 .
That's actually not true. Most new trucks in both ATS and ETS2 use UV_0 for the base texture, UV_1 is used for paint and UV_2 is used for normalmap. (assuming the truck even uses a normalmap) And this is also the case for new Daf.
So basically you need to duplicate UV_1 and rename it to UV_2 (for the normalmap which really isn't important for custom bits as most of them don't use it) and then you need to remap the UV_1, or in some cases replace UV_1 with UV_0 as some UV_0's have a proper paint mapping already. (I know, it's confusing as quack)
Unfortunately, this will be quite a bit of work if you want to get all the parts right. This may prove tricky as SCS Daf while mapped rather nicely, has weird scaling in some areas.
See this is what happens . Stuff changes . Im just going on the way I've always done it :lol:
[ external image ]
Author of ReMoled series of mods,V8K Blaine ReWork and general helpful chap .

Return to “Truck accessories”