[Rel] DAF 2021 Plastic Grilles

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check the Forum Rules.
Winchester1979

Re: [REL] DAF XG/XG+ Painted Parts

#61 Post by Winchester1979 » 14 Jun 2021 00:09

De_Ruyter wrote: 13 Jun 2021 23:32 I got this mod running, works just fine without any issues (Thanks btw!)
I however was wondering if anyone could create a XML file for Mod Studio 2 that includes this truck with this mod.
This because right now things don't work very well if you do complicated paint jobs.
Parts just refuse to get the right files attached right now.

I do have the top and bottom grill parts already included, but show up as plain yellow instead due to the issue I mentioned.
This also counts for both paintable sunscreens that this mod adds, also finished and ready but refuses to show up right now.
The rear fenders I also need to change in color, but that isn't happening now either.

So if anyone can help me with that, then please do.
I would wait for Mohegan's Truck Accessory Pack to be updated, his parts are much better than mine as they've got corrected UVs and other stuff that I don't know how to do. This mod is effectively discontinued, unless Mohegan doesn't put the plastic grilles in. I'll leave it available for now because mine are better than *nothing*, though.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#62 Post by Mohegan13 » 14 Jun 2021 08:44

Winchester1979 wrote: 13 Jun 2021 18:33 Are you going to replicate all the stuff in this mod, like the no-silver side panels for the XG and the plastic front grilles? If so I can basically just discontinue this as soon as yours is out.
Most of my stuff is painted parts as I just really like painted parts. I haven't really had a good look at the trucks yet to see what I might do.

Plastic parts are unlikely since I won't use them and I generally just make things I would want. But never say never. TBH I wouldn't be surprised if SCS do it themselves down the line with an XG tuning DLC.

Winchester1979 wrote: 13 Jun 2021 18:33 Edit: Also, no-logo could probably be made using an empty or hidden object without changing any of SCS's defs.
Maybe. I've done it like that before on a couple of things.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Winchester1979

#63 Post by Winchester1979 » 14 Jun 2021 09:59

Mohegan13 wrote: 14 Jun 2021 08:44

Most of my stuff is painted parts as I just really like painted parts. I haven't really had a good look at the trucks yet to see what I might do.

Plastic parts are unlikely since I won't use them and I generally just make things I would want. But never say never. TBH I wouldn't be surprised if SCS do it themselves down the line with an XG tuning DLC.
You officially have permission to use my plastic parts in your mod if it means I don't have to keep mine up to date. Same with the logo definitions. :)
De_Ruyter

#64 Post by De_Ruyter » 14 Jun 2021 10:27

Winchester1979 wrote: 14 Jun 2021 00:09
De_Ruyter wrote: 13 Jun 2021 23:32 I got this mod running, works just fine without any issues (Thanks btw!)
I however was wondering if anyone could create a XML file for Mod Studio 2 that includes this truck with this mod.
This because right now things don't work very well if you do complicated paint jobs.
Parts just refuse to get the right files attached right now.

I do have the top and bottom grill parts already included, but show up as plain yellow instead due to the issue I mentioned.
This also counts for both paintable sunscreens that this mod adds, also finished and ready but refuses to show up right now.
The rear fenders I also need to change in color, but that isn't happening now either.

So if anyone can help me with that, then please do.
I would wait for Mohegan's Truck Accessory Pack to be updated, his parts are much better than mine as they've got corrected UVs and other stuff that I don't know how to do. This mod is effectively discontinued, unless Mohegan doesn't put the plastic grilles in. I'll leave it available for now because mine are better than *nothing*, though.
Hmm.... Yeah in that case I need to wait I guess.
TRUCKERKING35

#65 Post by TRUCKERKING35 » 12 Jul 2021 19:25

There is a problem. When I bought rear plastic fender, rear painted fender also seems to be selected.
(You should buy rear plastic fender after buy rear painted fender.)

[ external image ]

I think found the problem.
Rear fender part is adjusted to be default by Scs Software. So this part can not removed.
Conclusion, rear paint fender part can not removed when attached to truck.

[ external image ]

COMPUTER ENGINEER
⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫⤫
Visit Steam Profile Visit World of Trucks Profile Visit SCS Software Forum Profile
De_Ruyter

#66 Post by De_Ruyter » 24 Jul 2021 23:01

Unfortunately there isn't even a way to paint the fenders right now. Even if fixed you can only apply a single color, not a entire skin.
Either this whole thing needs to be added or we need to wait until the DAF 2021 gets a official update and see what comes with it.
The best way is just to wait and see and not waste time and effort on a temporary item.
FUR0N

#67 Post by FUR0N » 25 Oct 2021 12:01

ho i can make a paintjob of the grills??
thanks.
FUR0N

#68 Post by FUR0N » 25 Oct 2021 12:49

i can't modify.. i'm tryed to using grillof another mod, but if i try to apply painted grills they are white and not painted as i want.. why?
Attachments
bertolino.gif
FUR0N

#69 Post by FUR0N » 25 Oct 2021 17:59

Hello, I am realizing the project of my new truck, (it will be just like that in reality, as well as in the game) and I came across the same problem you mentioned, did you manage to solve? I can't draw the grids in any way... and not even the side skirts

*Rule 2.3*
Ruward

#70 Post by Ruward » 25 Oct 2021 18:01

Thank you!
Greetings oet Grunn!
World of Trucks

Return to “Truck accessories”