Ai Cars and Trucks Colors

cip

Ai Cars and Trucks Colors

#1 Post by cip » 26 Sep 2017 20:11

Dear all,
after successfully created a traffic density mod that seems to work well most of the time :lol: I considered that the next step for having a perfect traffic is to bring (much) more colors to Ai cars and trucks. Trying a few existent mods I was always meeting in traffic some colors that did not match with a real car color, but never knew which one was it to kick it out from the list.
so what my mod brings new comparing with other car color mods?
- I added almost 450 standard colors from the following source: https://www.w3schools.com/colors
- all colors were stored into an excel table to be easier to identify them when needed. you will find it in the zip archive
- the colors were sorted by groups of main colors, with a higher rate of unique versions of the most used colors by car manufacturers
- all colors were converted into scs with the tool of cocimalovo: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=173020&hilit=dodero
how to easily edit my mod?
- go to list of colors.xlsx or list of colors.xls (depending what Office version you have installed)
- add/multiply colors by inserting new rows or delete lines with unwanted colors (adding // or # on the text in the first column will also work in case you want to use that color later)
- a conditional formatting will change colors for double entries so if you multiply a color, by copying it more times (to see more a certain color in traffic) do not be surprised if cell color will change
- the I column contains the formula to build the whole SCS sii file so if you add new lines, be sure that you copy/paste the formula on the new lines.
- when you finish editing, copy all cels from the I column and paste it in car_colors.sii or truck_colors.sii, be sure you replace only the lines starting with color[]:
few mentions:
- painted trucks mod of jazzycat is not influenced by my mod
- original scs colors both for car and trucks were not deleted, you can find them at the end of each sii file
download link: http://sharemods.com/3uj9wtsi8db0/Ai_Ca ... p.zip.html
few screenshots:
ets2_00001.jpg
ets2_00000.jpg
cars.JPG
trucks.JPG
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my ATS Real Ai Traffic Sounds 1.36-1.37
currently on strike :D beta testings and bug reports are temporarily suspended from my activity until further decisions :lol:

westernstar

Re: Ai Cars and Trucks Colors

#2 Post by westernstar » 26 Sep 2017 20:45

Thank you so much :)

SiSL
SCS Software

#3 Post by SiSL » 26 Sep 2017 21:14

I wonder how is it possible to sort them by giving weight to more sold... By giving weight means adding same color more lines if it is more popular by ratio...

TBH, I see colored cars around me but rarely , most are metallic grey, dark maroon, black, white etc. Not super colorful choices by people. Or half of trucks are white due to easier "branding"

cip

#4 Post by cip » 26 Sep 2017 21:48

my mod do not claim for realism 100% yet, in reality there are indeed many black, grey and white cars. but everybody can easily adjust his mod, by using the inside excel table that has the huge advantage of showing the colors. then you could easily multiply your favorite colors to appear in game more often, while deleting others.
remember that currently there are no duplicates inside the default mod. if you start multiplying some colors, those will he highlighted with a different cell background color to have an idea how many duplicates you have and which colors aren't duplicated yet.
in conclusion everyone can give realism to his car colors by simply editing the excel table and then copy/paste the results in the sii file ;)
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my ATS Real Ai Traffic Sounds 1.36-1.37
currently on strike :D beta testings and bug reports are temporarily suspended from my activity until further decisions :lol:

SlavikSD

#5 Post by SlavikSD » 27 Sep 2017 12:11

Fantastic job! Clever and well done :geek:

pero

#6 Post by pero » 27 Sep 2017 14:23

This has saved me some time creating something like this for my private use. Compiling colors into a Office document with actual colors next to the code, saves me a lot of time.

Thank you for this and well done!

jilech

#7 Post by jilech » 09 Oct 2017 12:25

Been using this mod for a while now and must say it is great, so many colors on the road :)
Also, it gives you a little smile when you see pink and purple cars and trucks :D

SlavikSD

#8 Post by SlavikSD » 09 Oct 2017 13:20

Pink and purple can be removed. The author has written very clear instructions.

jilech

#9 Post by jilech » 09 Oct 2017 14:03

I know, but I don't want to remove pink and purple. I like to smile :)

Todor Alin

#10 Post by Todor Alin » 09 Oct 2017 14:06

Too bad that SCS engine don't allow multiple paint efect (will be nice if a car will be painted random with 2 or more colors) :D
But, what a hell, GREAT MOD !!
Official forum and the place where you can find all my future mods, here

Return to “Traffic”