Where it came from:
Someone anonymous did one for earlier versions of both games but it didn't get updated after an SCS update. It was credited to Jazzycat but although it used his truck models it never appeared on his web site, so I assume his participation was without his knowledge. This one is based on what the original did, but only uses SCS models, has been kept more or less up to date and has had extra bits added to it.
What it does:
Adds drawbar double, HCT double and B-Double trailers in ETS2 traffic.
What's in the box:
ETS2 Double Trailers In Traffic:
- Curtainsiders, dryvans, insulated trailers and reefers in drawbar double, B-double and HCT (two full-length trailers linked with a dolly) versions
- Versions of all SCS traffic trucks to pull them with.
- Traffic versions of the double trailers Jazzycat's Trailers & Cargo mod. REQUIRES JAZZYCAT'S TRAILERS & CARGO MOD V8.7, THE v1.38 FIX (SEE BELOW) AND THE ETS2 DOUBLE TRAILERS IN TRAFFIC MOD.
- Just a renamed version of the traffic_storage file for Jazzycat's Trailers & Cargo mod. Jazzycat's Trailers & Cargo mod won't work without it. Should Jazzycat release a v1.38-compatible version of the Trailers & Cargo mod, then this one can be removed.
- Allows double SCS trailers for cargo-carrying in areas outwith the base/DLC maps. STANDALONE MOD.
- Adds SCS concrete mixer trailer in traffic & freight market. STANDALONE MOD.
ets2_scs_double by Mr Larrington, on Flickr
ets2_scs_bdouble by Mr Larrington, on Flickr
ets2_profi_double by Mr Larrington, on Flickr
dolly_invisible by Mr Larrington, on Flickr. Note stealth dolly (see below) to confuse the police...
cement_mixer by Mr Larrington, on Flickr. It revolves too!
Real companies mods should replace the SCS skins with their own. The mod has improved truck colours, courtesy of the inestimable cipinho of this parish, who also pointed me in the right direction over the traffic rules which make the whole thing work. Sound, however, has reverted to the default SCS sounds until the unravelling of the new sound system is complete.
Where we are now:
Version 6.1 for ETS2 v1.38: ETS2_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v6.1.7z - 3.0 MB
New for ETS2 v1.39: trucks using CIP's sound mod:
https://sharemods.com/omeh707fd6jc/ETS2 ... d.scs.html - ETS2_double_trucks_for_CIP_sound_mod.scs - 54 KB
Put it above the base ETS2 Double Trailers In Traffic mod in the mod manager.
- Updated for v1.38.
- Now has 4x2 and 6x2 Renault T trucks. Yay!
- that's about it.
- Some trailers can arrive before their wheels do. If you get this, open your config.cfg file in a text editor and change:
Code: Select all
uset g_lod_factor_traffic "1"The game sometimes sets the graphics mode back to "1970s calculator" after a crash, so keep a backup copy of your config.cfg file handy.
Code: Select all
uset g_lod_factor_traffic "5"
- The rear HCT trailers have a disembodied number plate hovering above them, but it's either that or an invisible dolly (see picture above) and I know which I prefer. SCS verdict = NOT A BUG, so we'll just have to live with it.
- Some trailer skins - both SCS and other modders - are not optimised for the short trailers (drawbar rear/B-Double front), so writing and/or logos falls off the end.
- The trailers had a tendency to tie themselves in knots and/or sink into the road surface. I haven't noticed them doing this under v1.38, though, so it may actually have been fixed...
- The trailers appear on AI-only roads even in countries where they're not supposed to be. I don't think the game's country rules are applied to these roads.
- I'm no longer getting the odd shadow effects with Jazzycat's trailers, but YMMV.
If you are using cipinho's traffic density mod (or anyone else's, come to that) then it must go ABOVE the double trailers mod in the mod manager.
This is a "bare-bones" mod and you are actively encouraged to take it apart to see how it works and put your own trucks and trailers in it.
v6.0: ETS2_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v6.0.7z - 1.5 MB. It's small because there's no sound files. In it.
v5.1: ETS2_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v5.1.7z - 14.5 MB. Fix "No country specific data available for trailer type 'double'" error
v5.0: ETS2_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v5.0.7z - 14.5 MB. Update for ETS2 v1.36.
v4.1: ETS2_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v4.1.7z - 15.2 MB. Updated for compatibility with ProMods v2.41.
v4.0: ETS2_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v4.0.7z - 15.2 MB. Updated for ETS2 v1.35.
v3.2: ETS2_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v3.2.7z - 14.1 MB. ETS2-only version for v1.34.
v3.1.1: Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v184.108.40.206z - 31.2 MB. Version for v220.127.116.11 and above. Last .7z file to contain the mods for both ETS2 and ATS.
v3.1: Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v3.1.7z - 31.2 MB. Added cipinho's sound improvements.
v3.0: Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v3.0.7z - 14.5 MB. Version for v1.33
v2.0: Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v2.0.7z - 14.3 MB. Version for v1.32.