Multiple Trailers in Traffic - ETS2 - v6.1

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
Mr Larrington

Multiple Trailers in Traffic - ETS2 - v6.1

#1 Post by Mr Larrington » 28 Dec 2018 13:46

I decided to create a new topic for this mod as it's diverged a bit from the ATS version.

Where it came from:
Someone anonymous did one for earlier versions of both games but it didn't get updated after an SCS update. It was credited to Jazzycat but although it used his truck models it never appeared on his web site, so I assume his participation was without his knowledge. This one is based on what the original did, but only uses SCS models, has been kept more or less up to date and has had extra bits added to it.

What it does:
Adds drawbar double, HCT double and B-Double trailers in ETS2 traffic.

What's in the box:
ETS2 Double Trailers In Traffic:
  • Curtainsiders, dryvans, insulated trailers and reefers in drawbar double, B-double and HCT (two full-length trailers linked with a dolly) versions
  • Versions of all SCS traffic trucks to pull them with.
ETS2 Jazzycat Doubles
  • Traffic versions of the double trailers Jazzycat's Trailers & Cargo mod. REQUIRES JAZZYCAT'S TRAILERS & CARGO MOD V8.7, THE v1.38 FIX (SEE BELOW) AND THE ETS2 DOUBLE TRAILERS IN TRAFFIC MOD.
ETS2 Jazzycat Trailer & Cargo v8.7 v1.38 traffic fix
  • Just a renamed version of the traffic_storage file for Jazzycat's Trailers & Cargo mod. Jazzycat's Trailers & Cargo mod won't work without it. Should Jazzycat release a v1.38-compatible version of the Trailers & Cargo mod, then this one can be removed.
ETS2 Double Trailers For Cargo:
  • Allows double SCS trailers for cargo-carrying in areas outwith the base/DLC maps. STANDALONE MOD.
ETS2 Mixer
  • Adds SCS concrete mixer trailer in traffic & freight market. STANDALONE MOD.

ets2_scs_double by Mr Larrington, on Flickr

ets2_scs_bdouble by Mr Larrington, on Flickr

ets2_profi_double by Mr Larrington, on Flickr

dolly_invisible by Mr Larrington, on Flickr. Note stealth dolly (see below) to confuse the police...

cement_mixer by Mr Larrington, on Flickr. It revolves too!

Real companies mods should replace the SCS skins with their own. The mod has improved truck colours, courtesy of the inestimable cipinho of this parish, who also pointed me in the right direction over the traffic rules which make the whole thing work. Sound, however, has reverted to the default SCS sounds until the unravelling of the new sound system is complete.

Where we are now:

Version 6.1 for ETS2 v1.38: ETS2_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v6.1.7z - 3.0 MB

New for ETS2 v1.39: trucks using CIP's sound mod:

https://sharemods.com/omeh707fd6jc/ETS2 ... d.scs.html - ETS2_double_trucks_for_CIP_sound_mod.scs - 54 KB

Put it above the base ETS2 Double Trailers In Traffic mod in the mod manager.
  • Updated for v1.38.
  • Now has 4x2 and 6x2 Renault T trucks. Yay!
  • And,
  • er,
  • well,
  • that's about it.
Known issues:
  • Some trailers can arrive before their wheels do. If you get this, open your config.cfg file in a text editor and change:

Code: Select all

uset g_lod_factor_traffic "1"

to

uset g_lod_factor_traffic "5"

The game sometimes sets the graphics mode back to "1970s calculator" after a crash, so keep a backup copy of your config.cfg file handy.
  • The rear HCT trailers have a disembodied number plate hovering above them, but it's either that or an invisible dolly (see picture above) and I know which I prefer. SCS verdict = NOT A BUG, so we'll just have to live with it.
  • Some trailer skins - both SCS and other modders - are not optimised for the short trailers (drawbar rear/B-Double front), so writing and/or logos falls off the end.
  • The trailers had a tendency to tie themselves in knots and/or sink into the road surface. I haven't noticed them doing this under v1.38, though, so it may actually have been fixed...
  • The trailers appear on AI-only roads even in countries where they're not supposed to be. I don't think the game's country rules are applied to these roads.
  • I'm no longer getting the odd shadow effects with Jazzycat's trailers, but YMMV.
See the description text files in the mod for the countries/regions in which the trailers appear, and how to make them appear everywhere if that's what you want.

If you are using cipinho's traffic density mod (or anyone else's, come to that) then it must go ABOVE the double trailers mod in the mod manager.

This is a "bare-bones" mod and you are actively encouraged to take it apart to see how it works and put your own trucks and trailers in it.

Previous versions:
v6.0: ETS2_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v6.0.7z - 1.5 MB. It's small because there's no sound files. In it.
v5.1: ETS2_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v5.1.7z - 14.5 MB. Fix "No country specific data available for trailer type 'double'" error
v5.0: ETS2_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v5.0.7z - 14.5 MB. Update for ETS2 v1.36.
v4.1: ETS2_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v4.1.7z - 15.2 MB. Updated for compatibility with ProMods v2.41.
v4.0: ETS2_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v4.0.7z - 15.2 MB. Updated for ETS2 v1.35.
v3.2: ETS2_Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v3.2.7z - 14.1 MB. ETS2-only version for v1.34.
v3.1.1: Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v3.1.1.7z - 31.2 MB. Version for v1.33.2.19 and above. Last .7z file to contain the mods for both ETS2 and ATS.
v3.1: Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v3.1.7z - 31.2 MB. Added cipinho's sound improvements.
v3.0: Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v3.0.7z - 14.5 MB. Version for v1.33
v2.0: Multiple_Trailers_in_Traffic_v2.0.7z - 14.3 MB. Version for v1.32.
Last edited by Mr Larrington on 06 Nov 2020 12:43, edited 8 times in total.
Mr Larrington
President & CEO: Interllama, Inc.
a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds

B787

Re: Multiple Trailers in Traffic - ETS2 - v3.2

#2 Post by B787 » 28 Dec 2018 14:50

Very nice! Sadly SCS is not adding this stuff on their own... :(

mizterkewl

#3 Post by mizterkewl » 05 Jan 2019 00:46

For some reason the country restrictions don't work with this mod. I think its because of the spawn ratio line inside the def file. I tried to delete it and see if it works but it doesn't. Is there a way to make this mod work with restrictions?

cip

#4 Post by cip » 09 Jan 2019 00:40

Mr Larrington wrote:
28 Dec 2018 13:46
Known issues:
  • Some trailers - notably the B-double fronts, the short rears and both ends of the Profiliner double - arrive before their wheels do
the solution for this is to modify in config or console:

g_lod_factor_traffic 5
the default is 1. with 5 the wheels will no longer come later ;)
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...

SpiritoftheLioness

#5 Post by SpiritoftheLioness » 05 Mar 2019 12:48

Does the addon for Baltic go above or below the "base" mod? Or does loadorder not matter?

Mr Larrington

#6 Post by Mr Larrington » 05 Mar 2019 15:50

@Dark81Wolf - the add-on needs to go ABOVE the main mod as it adds an extra truck vehicle type to tow the new trailers.
Mr Larrington
President & CEO: Interllama, Inc.
a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds

SpiritoftheLioness

#7 Post by SpiritoftheLioness » 05 Mar 2019 16:40

ok thank you for the answer, just making sure i activate it on the right spot ;)

LAFAYET47

#8 Post by LAFAYET47 » 14 Mar 2019 11:02

this is a great mod, fits really well with Scandinavia and Finland. I have a reasonable performance playing with low-end hardware, cant say the same with Jazzycat traffic mods...;)

Btw, I would like to ask you one question. How can I tweak the HCT in Finland for less spawn? I have a feeling that they appear too often, at least for my taste. Doubles and B-doubles on the other hand are quite fine.

SrRuan_BR

#9 Post by SrRuan_BR » 19 May 2019 13:19

I wanted to see an update of this mod, it's one of the ones I like to use in my game
Image Image

mizterkewl

#10 Post by mizterkewl » 22 May 2019 14:51

I'm looking through the files and i can't scratch the surface with what to do when the files are in .sui format. I dunno if using trailer_chains[] will work for these files. I edited an old Solaris76 tandem file that had 25m and it works fine because it was a simple edit.
Last edited by mizterkewl on 22 May 2019 15:33, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Traffic”