Jazzycat Traffic Mod Problems in 1.35

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
EricF

Jazzycat Traffic Mod Problems in 1.35

#1 Post by EricF » 07 Jun 2019 03:58

Getting crashes in 1.35, so I stated with a new, clean profile and began adding in mods one-by-one until I found what was causing the problem. It turns out to be the latest Jazzycat Truck Traffic pack v3.5.1 which is supposed to be specifically for 1.35. It throws this error in the game log upon crashing:

Code: Select all

00:06:20.660 : <ERROR> [model] Unknown look named 'bl' in model '/vehicle/trailer_eu/tandem_jazzy/iveco_car_trailer/iveco_car_trailer.pmc'.
Actually, there are two problem models -- this one and another Iveco car trailer, but this is the one I copied. The show-stopping error is always an "Unknown look named "XX" in model '/Insert_path_here' ". Only the Iveco car trailers cause the problem in this version of the mod, and editing the "traffic_storage_semi_trailer.jazzycat_truck.sii file to remove the reference to them will stop the error. The other two Jazzycat mods updated for 1.35 -- the AI traffic mod and the Bus traffic mod -- are OK. On the other hand, the older mods for 1.34 have numerous instances of this type of error- too many to sort out by trial-and-error.

I'm fairly certain that Jazzycat will find out about and fix this problem in the Truck Traffic mod soon. What I'm curious about is, has ETS2 gotten a lot more strict about these kinds of errors in traffic mods, and what can be done to head them off?

LeonD

Re: Jazzycat Traffic Mod Problems in 1.35

#2 Post by LeonD » 07 Jun 2019 04:48

Looks like the Truck Traffic pack is completely broken for now. I tried the fix you suggested, but the game starts to lag and then crashes with "Index outside array boundaries" error.
Guess I learned my lesson about installing mods so soon after an new patch came out.

tuphoon29

#3 Post by tuphoon29 » 07 Jun 2019 07:45

The author is aware of this problem, I think will fix it soon.
Here is his answer:

Code: Select all

Thanks, I'll see what the trouble is.
Sorry for my English. I use an online translator.

tuphoon29

#4 Post by tuphoon29 » 07 Jun 2019 11:25

If anything, the author has already corrected errors.
Pack updated to version 3.5.2 - fixed Iveco crash
Link to the author's topic:
http://truck-sim.club/topic/17937-pak-g ... ntry624596
Sorry for my English. I use an online translator.

EricF

#5 Post by EricF » 07 Jun 2019 11:38

@LeonD were there any other mods active at the time? I was testing on a clean new profile with no mods other than testing one single mod at a time. As long as I kept the broken traffic mods out, I had no issues. I could run the 1.35 versions of the Jazzycat AI traffic pack and Bus pack just fine - no crash, no performance problem.

If you open your game log and go to the last line in the file, it will show the last thing processed. If it's an error in a mod, find the affected mod and try again without it.

I can reliably make the game crash with any any Jazzycat mod that causes the "Unknown look named..." error Which currently seems to be any of them except the latest AI traffic and Bus packs. I've tested all of the ones I have and these all have the same kinds of error which crash the game: Truck Traffic, Painted Truck Traffic, Painted BDF Traffic, Russian Traffic.

Also, I tested both in DX11 and DX9 mode; error and crash happens in either. Incidentally, my config.cfg file is now set to open automatically in DX11 mode with the line uset r_device "dx11" -- I tested it with uset r_device "dx9" and got the same crashes. I was suprised that my config.cfg had changed to prefer dx11 -- I didn't edit it myself that way, unless selecting DX11 from the Steam menu made it write the change. Anyhow, it doesn't seem to be a DX9 vs 11 problem -- it's how the game is processing the mod files.

Awesome that Jazzycat is already on top of it!

cip

#6 Post by cip » 07 Jun 2019 11:43

the Iveco crash is not the only issue, it's possible that using a lot of traffic models in traffic combined with a reasonable traffic density it might generate some memory issues that ends in a game crash. I will make additional tests in weekend and if that proves to be true I will send a report to SCS. I haven't seen issues before updating jazzycat packs but it's not the fault of the mods here, it's something broken in the game I am afraid, something which started first time in 1.32

@Eric: the "unknown look name" comes from the trailers of traffic packs that weren't correctly updated for 1.35
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...

EricF

#7 Post by EricF » 07 Jun 2019 12:08

I can confirm the updated Truck Traffic pack just posted is working fine -- no more crash. The others will have to be updated for 1.35 and now we know... ;)

I run several Jazzycat traffic mods and rarely have any game slowdowns/issues because of them -- but I admit I run a pretty robust system with plenty of memory and an overclocked CPU, so I might be a bit of an exception. :D I had some problems a while back where it seemed like multiple traffic mods plus Frkn64's Realistic Graphics Mod ate up resources, but it was fixable by starting the game with added launch options in Steam for -mm_max_resource_size and -mm_max_tmp_buffers_size. The real culprit seemed to be the graphics mod, though, not the traffic. I'm moving on to a different graphics mod setup, and it looks like that's no longer necessary. Interactions between mods can get crazy -- that's why I went to testing one single mod at a time to find what really threw the error. All in all, 1.35 with DX11 is really nice!

cip

#8 Post by cip » 07 Jun 2019 12:23

multiple trailers in traffic does not affect performance, I even have Chris45 double and triple trailers in traffic and those don't affect performance neither. as graphic mod, Next-Gen by Damian is far better the RGM and has no performance hit, until one point (latest versions are not recommended for weak systems author has said)
I have quit SCS forum...

EricF

#9 Post by EricF » 07 Jun 2019 12:43

I recently switched to Next-Gen graphics mod, too and I really like it. RGM was great whenI started in ETS2 a few years ago -- but a lot has changed in the game, and in my opinion RGM tries to do too much all inside one mod for the way the game works now.

cip

#10 Post by cip » 07 Jun 2019 13:21

EricF wrote:
07 Jun 2019 12:43
RGM was great
agree with this part in particular
I have quit SCS forum...

Return to “Traffic”