Jazzycat Traffic Mod Problems in 1.35

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
mizterkewl

Re: Jazzycat Traffic Mod Problems in 1.35

#11 Post by mizterkewl » 07 Jun 2019 14:49

Igot beaten to the punch. I tested your updated Traffic Density along with Jazzy's updated pack and it crashes alot of lag. I never had this problem before in 1.34. If anything 1.35 is way better in using memory but this time there is alot of lagging and stoppages going on but never any crashes. I tested Rudi's its the problem and piva's which acts a little better but still bad. Very confused by this. Regular default is fine and even mods with medium and low spawns are fine. Its weird now!

cip

#12 Post by cip » 07 Jun 2019 15:04

as I said, I felt some issues yesterday so I need some more tests before providing SCS with a report on this
Enjoy driving with my Real Traffic Density for ETS2 and ATS
Enjoy listening my Real Ai Traffic FMOD Sounds for ETS2 and ATS
I have quit SCS forum...

hecatonchires

#13 Post by hecatonchires » 08 Jun 2019 15:54

EricF wrote:
07 Jun 2019 12:08
I can confirm the updated Truck Traffic pack just posted is working fine -- no more crash. The others will have to be updated for 1.35 and now we know... ;)

I run several Jazzycat traffic mods and rarely have any game slowdowns/issues because of them -- but I admit I run a pretty robust system with plenty of memory and an overclocked CPU, so I might be a bit of an exception. :D I had some problems a while back where it seemed like multiple traffic mods plus Frkn64's Realistic Graphics Mod ate up resources, but it was fixable by starting the game with added launch options in Steam for -mm_max_resource_size and -mm_max_tmp_buffers_size. The real culprit seemed to be the graphics mod, though, not the traffic. I'm moving on to a different graphics mod setup, and it looks like that's no longer necessary. Interactions between mods can get crazy -- that's why I went to testing one single mod at a time to find what really threw the error. All in all, 1.35 with DX11 is really nice!
What are your system max resource and tmp buffer size parameters?
MOTHERBOARD: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX
CPU: RYZEN 5 3400G (WITH STOCK COOLER)
RAM: BALLISTIX 8GB 2400MHz (OC 2666MHz)
PSU: CORSAIR CXM 550W
GRAPHICS CARD: EVGA GTX1080 8GB
STORAGE: 128SSD & 1TB HDD
OPERATING SYSTEM: WINDOWS 10 (1809 Version)

EricF

#14 Post by EricF » 08 Jun 2019 18:03

I'm currently using -mm_max_resource_size 80 -mm_max_tmp_buffers_size 1000

That's about as maxxed-out as you can go. I run an overclocked i7 6700K with 16GB RAM and a GTX 1080, so it handles it fine. Less-powerful systems will need to dial back a bit. This helps overcome issues with loading AI with lots of traffic mods plus environment mods; it stopped the "black sky + slideshow" problems with RGS at sunrise/sunset. (There are still "problem" areas, often at city intersections and once in a while around highway interchanges, but they are relatively few. ATS tends to be worse than ETS2 in this respect, particularly in 1.34.)

BUT...

I really don't think it's necessary under 1.35 -- especially in DX11 mode. And I would suggest moving away from RGS -- use Next-Gen Graphics (Just the base texture pack if you want to be cautious) and the Filmic Lighting and possibly No Bloom mods from Pixelgrapher. Great appearance that way without so much of a performance hit. It seems as if 1.35's optimization and handling for resource-hungry content is much better, so hacks really aren't likely to be needed.

fatmike1976

#15 Post by fatmike1976 » 10 Jun 2019 06:38

cipinho wrote:
07 Jun 2019 11:43
...it's possible that using a lot of traffic models in traffic combined with a reasonable traffic density it might generate some memory issues that ends in a game crash...
That's true, I use 'Real traffic density and ratio by clip' along with Jazzycat AI traffic pack, game crashes with memory problem. now I have to deactivate traffci density mod.

cip

#16 Post by cip » 10 Jun 2019 08:31

use version 1.35.b of my mod and you will not have issues with all jazzycat packs. I mean depending what system you have, for me it works fine now (I7 4770 and GTX 1060)
I have quit SCS forum...

Rbnqss78

#17 Post by Rbnqss78 » 11 Jun 2019 10:45

Problem is the jazzycats ai traffic mod. There is some errors in it so it gives only white cars, all the oter packs seems to work, now than they are fixed, au traffic pack needs still some work.

cip

#18 Post by cip » 11 Jun 2019 11:54

I checked Ai cars pack by Jazzycat and I only identified that not all PMG have been converted so I decided to stay with the older version converted by me when I moved to 1.35. it works very well for me but I cannot say about colors because I have personalized colors for all cars from the pack except those with skins. I still believe that the errors, those who have, is related to the number of models in traffic not with one in particular. try removing all packs and keep only Ai cars and you will see that it's working well
I have quit SCS forum...

Watermark

#19 Post by Watermark » 11 Jun 2019 12:39

Sorry to say, but it seems to me like Jazzycat has become one of those moders who now just does stuff for the sake of some Sharemods clicks and basically money, every 2 days a little update to ache out some more clicks, to the point where his mods have become over bloated and slow... Honestly, from my own experience, when the main motivation is money, in the end that will lead to sloppy work and overall not good results. Just had to say this.

cip

#20 Post by cip » 11 Jun 2019 14:14

we don't know the reason but anyway at least these packs always bring something new, new cars, new trailers, new cargoes, new skins. Besides nobody ask for download, you can easily update only once for every big game update (where the update is necessary) and ignore the rest.
what can you say then for small mod updates like the real gas prices, that's a really useless mod for me and I see it weekly in the mods websites.
I have quit SCS forum...

Return to “Traffic”