Can I make a 2-sided trailer skin for AI traffic in Mods Studio 2?

Forum rules
SCS as a company do not wish to have paid mods on this forum. While we understand that not all paid mods use the Intellectual Property of other companies/people, it is very hard to moderate what is and isn't acceptable when money is involved. There are also concerns that it could look unfavorable to potential work partners going forward if SCS allow mods that may potentially use unlicensed branding.
Posting in the Mods forum (ATS and ETS2) is restricted to sharing free-to-the-public mods and providing support for mods. For more details, please check chapters [4] and [5] of Forum Rules.
bananastronauten2

Can I make a 2-sided trailer skin for AI traffic in Mods Studio 2?

#1 Post by bananastronauten2 » 13 Apr 2020 19:16

I am currently developing this (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... 1320740131) mod, which I created 2 years ago, using the old ETS2 studio modding tool. When I made this mod it featured 2 trailer skins that you could find in the freight market and AI traffic. Now I recently got to know about Mods Studio 2 and found out that I could now could easily make my trailer skins available for owned trailers as well. That part works perfectly, but in the process I also discovered things from the original mod that did not work that well any longer.

First of all, the trailers do not appear in the freight market any longer. But I don't think that is so important since you can just have it as an owned trailer instead and that is way better.

Secondly, when my trailers appear in the AI traffic the shadow looks absolutely trash: (this image shows the same problem on another mod I made 2 years ago)
I am pretty sure the problem comes from that I were using "KRONE Profiliner (Two-sided) by Matdom1988" as my trailer base. This is probably an old trailer model that does not look nice in newer versions of the game. And I need a 2-sided trailer model for skinning this appropriate trailer. I have tried using the Traffic trailer skin template in Mods Studio 2, and as far as I can see, it does not provide 2-sided functionality, it takes the same part of my image file and applies it for both sides of the trailer.

So my question comes down to exactly what I put in the subject: How can I make a 2-sided trailer skin for AI traffic in Mods Studio 2?

Mohegan13
Global moderator

Re: Can I make a 2-sided trailer skin for AI traffic in Mods Studio 2?

#2 Post by Mohegan13 » 13 Apr 2020 19:22

The old unlicensed Krone model on which that mod is based was completely removed from the game over 2 years ago.
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
But on my tombstone when I go, just put 'death by rock and roll'.

WerewolfCustoms

Re: Can I make a 2-sided trailer skin for AI traffic in Mods Studio 2?

#3 Post by WerewolfCustoms » 03 May 2020 15:52

bananastronauten2 wrote:
13 Apr 2020 19:16
So my question comes down to exactly what I put in the subject: How can I make a 2-sided trailer skin for AI traffic in Mods Studio 2?
At this moment, there is no way of achieving this in MS2.

Reason behind it is, that we simply add a skin to existing traffic trailers in ETS2.
These trailers are made by SCS, and use a template made by SCS. We do not add the complete trailer model to the game, like we used to in the old E2S.

This might become a possibility again if we decide to re-introduce standalone trailers again.
Not sure when (and if) we will do so, as there is not much demand at this time. (Like you already stated - mostly players are happy with skins for owned trailers.)

Return to “Traffic”