ATS 1.40 discussion

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: ATS 1.40 Open Beta discussion

#1341 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 04 Mar 2021 22:57

go big or go home, if you have to include official tires then do it from the world leader, Lego! :rofl:
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |

flight50

#1342 Post by flight50 » 04 Mar 2021 23:17

Lol. See, I didn't say anything and the hype goes on without me. Its not always my fault. Lol.

But since people are talking, I wanted to post something weeks ago when the Swift info came about when Swift reached out to SCS. I was speculating thoughts then.

I think that whenever ATS gets licensed rubber to dress trucks, I was hoping for at least 2 brands, 2 blimps and 2 factories. The factories are one of those middle men companies I always talk about. ATS lacks the middle companies in which cargi can make mire sense. We have the cargo but no factory to produce it. Lots of cargo is like this.

We have a state coming up with 2 vehicle plants for autos and one truck plant that all could potentially make the game all in one dlc. This all ties together. There is a tire plant in the same state if I am not mistaking. I know for sure there are tire test facilities in this same state.

Virgo91

#1343 Post by Virgo91 » 04 Mar 2021 23:25

If such DLC releases,i don't know if i will buy it.I don't use both tires DLC very often in ETS 2,and mods does offer more choices of tires brands and models.
It's not that i don't like buying DLCs or that SCS releases that type of content.It's more like why should i buy it if i won't use it very often...and use the mods more often.
But it's there for people who don't use mods,or don't use tires mods.

supersobes
Global moderator

#1344 Post by supersobes » 05 Mar 2021 01:25

Maybe SCS needs a person to proofread the patch notes before they are published. It seems that almost every time the patch notes are released, there's a mistake, incorrect information, or something like this instance where there's information shouldn't have been released to the public.

flight50

#1345 Post by flight50 » 05 Mar 2021 01:43

I'd buy it hands down mainly to support it. If they are for both tractor and trailer, I'd definitely use it. I hate mismatch tires on my setup when I run owned trailers. I have dedicated trucks that I dedicated to particular trailers. One less mod I'd have to use and if SCS implements it, the content is compatible day one beta release or public release. No waiting on the mod author for possible fixes.

Yes, its great for vanilla players though. The real tire mod I do use does indeed have many options but if SCS hasn't released anything for ATS, we don't know how deep it can be. I'd imagine not as deep as some mods though. But we'll see. We got an accessories pack and that was great. If 1.40 brought a CB and ELD, that would get a lot more people into that dlc. Hopefully someday both will come. With SCS MP coming, cbs will be big if functional and ELD's would be great for VTC's. Tires and tuning packs, the same thing. People are craving this stuff for ATS so the more SCS supports, the better. Mods will always be around but it does depend on how well SCS implements it. Mods indicate what people want. Steam mods for sure is a good way to measure what mods are popular and what may benefit their games. Whenever the leaked info comes, I'm sure that would be another spark for ATS.

@supersobes shhhhh, SCS might consider your comment, lol. With no Carthoo anymore, we need all the teasers and hints we can get. No one has stepped up to his shoes yet. When Carthoo started communicating with us with those teaser threads late Summer 2018, the site woke up 100%. A ton more activity kicked in. The topics exploded on the ATS side and people became more open with thoughts and feedback.

harishw8r

#1346 Post by harishw8r » 05 Mar 2021 04:07

What the hell did I miss? I understand that it’s some black circle thingy. But which one? There are at least four major circles.
:idea: Paint everything black!
Screenshots thread: ETS2 | ATS
Personal blog

MoiraPrime

#1347 Post by MoiraPrime » 05 Mar 2021 04:29

I say having 2 people look at the notes wouldn't hurt. One to compile the information, and another to look it over. Sometimes it's easy for you to overlook things in the heat of the moment and having a second perspective is useful.

Texshi

#1348 Post by Texshi » 05 Mar 2021 07:59

Well as long as we get heavy duty versions i'm content.. i love them heavy duty 24.5s
Peterbilt forever!

hangman005

#1349 Post by hangman005 » 05 Mar 2021 10:57

No forums to read this weekend.... now how am I going to drive my truck while distracted lol.

I am liking 1.40, it really does look so much better.

Mohegan13
Global moderator

#1350 Post by Mohegan13 » 05 Mar 2021 11:30

flight50 wrote:
05 Mar 2021 01:43
With no Carthoo anymore, we need all the teasers and hints we can get. No one has stepped up to his shoes yet.
Carthoo cared about the existing community here on the forums, sadly the rest of the community team are more focused on the other social media platforms that might draw in new customers.

The chances of anyone taking the time to fill his shoes here on the forum is slim to none.
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
But on my tombstone when I go, just put 'death by rock and roll'.

Return to “General discussion about the game”