East Coast Speculation Thread

flight50

Re: East Coast Speculation Thread

#161 Post by flight50 » 27 Feb 2021 02:08

Sniff sniff......wiping my eyes..........but we don't have turbine blades in ATS. We don't even have rotors. We have a short piece of a tower and a generator. The generator is from ETS2. The tower was easy to model but its wayyy to short. SCS really didn't even try with the wind powered cargo. Its half done. The facility that does the blades, rotors and generators didn't even make the game. We only got Pueblo and based on Google maps, they only do the tower parts. We are missing the Brighton facility. If we only got one facility, might as well do all parts from it. I think SCS is trying to be true to life here though. I hope perhaps we haul blades and rotors from train and seaports to job sites one day.
Pinkerton

#162 Post by Pinkerton » 16 Apr 2021 00:31

flight50 wrote: 11 Feb 2021 22:34 Well on the xmas stream, when Pavel was talking about Dallas, they did mention that they were working on trying to increase how busy the environment can get. No promises is what Pavel said when he was referring to Dallas side streets.
To me that's the thing which is the most "off" when it comes to the environment. There are big full parking lots around retail stores and office/industrial parks but it's all static and there's no movement though I seem to remember seeing a car driving around one of these spots in one of the newer DLC's but maybe I was hallucinating.
flight50

#163 Post by flight50 » 16 Apr 2021 01:51

Nope. There are a few prefabs in which the AI drives thru. Some are caught in loops but yes, they drive thru prefab parking lots............kinda. The way SCS builds them, its like they are part of the entire complex of prefabs.
disintegration7x

#164 Post by disintegration7x » 17 Apr 2021 09:58

Lifelong Philly area resident here, so here are my thoughts/speculations/suggestions for Eastern PA/NJ/DE. I'm a virtual trucker only, so forgive me if I include any routes that don't allow trucks IRL. Trying to keep scale in consideration, but i'll probably err on the side of including too much, and others can whittle down. Can't wait for ATS to reach the east coast, but plenty of time for speculation, so here goes:

I'll start with Philly and work outwards staying east of the Susquehanna. I-95 is the main N-S artery and the most ATS appropriate IMO. Connecting from Wilmington, DE in the south, you get refineries in Marcus Hook/Chester (would be folded into Philly metro), Philly airport, and then the double-decker Girard Point Bridge into south Philly for the ex-Navy shipyard, stadiums/arenas, a CSX rail terminal, and Packer Avenue marine terminal. Honestly think that's a pretty good representation of industrial Philly, and the rest of the city should be mostly scenic. I-76 continues west from 95 in South Philly and has good views of the skyline (I-676 is a neat little drive but almost certainly won't fit), the Art Museum/Boathouse Row and Amtrak 30th street station as it follows the winding Schuylkill river. Next up westbound is the I-476 junction. 476 northbound connects to I-276 (PA Tpk) in Plymouth Meeting and then continues as the turnpike's NE extension up to I-78 (EB for Allentown and Newark NJ, WB for Harrisburg) and beyond via Lehigh tunnel, lots of hills, and even more trees to connect to I-80 (EB to NYC, WB to...Ohio i guess- never driven that part, looks like lots of empty lol) and finally I-81 (NB to Scranton and Binghamton NY). 476 south from 76 connects back to 95, but i'd skip it in favor of connecting to US-202 in King of Prussia (also has a huge mall)- 202 goes from six lane highway to 4 lane divided/congested suburban sprawl and connects to US-30 before connecting back to I-95 in Wilmington. US-30 WB is a highway through the Philly suburbs then 2 or 4-lanes out to Lancaster and includes Amish country, shopping outlets, warehouses, and pre-fab housing mfg, which would be a unique haul, then on to York/I-83 or split off PA-283 WB to Harrisburg). US-222 NB from Lancaster gets you to Reading (connect to I-76/PA tpk east to KoP/Philly and west to Harrisburg and beyond). Alternate route is US-422 EB from Reading to Pottstown to KoP/Philly. Finally 222 NB continues northeast to connect to I-78 and Allentown.

Going back to Philly, 95 continues North to connect with I-276 (PA tpk WB) and then as PA-tpk EB (new routing) to cross the Delaware river and connect to NJ tpk (N/S). I-295 (new routing) continues north to connect to Trenton, NJ via US-1.

I'll stick to South Jersey as i know that better. I-76 in Philly connects 95 to Camden, NJ to the east (again it would be folded into Philly metro- for this reason i'd argue PA and NJ have to be released together) via Walt Whitman Bridge. You then connect to NJ Turnpike north to Trenton/New Brunswick/Newark/NYC and south to Wilmington DE, but that part could probably be omitted. Maybe US-130 to include Burlington and some local truck traffic, but probably too crowded. Going southeast from NJ Tpk, you have NJ-42 and NJ-55 to connect Vineland/Millville, which has food packing industry and either US-30 (possible for C2C and also connects to US-206, which heads back up to Trenton), US-40, or US-322 to connect to AC (pretty sure AC Expwy is no trucks). Lots of agricultural opportunities in this more rural part of the state. You could do US-9/GSP (whichever allows trucks) south from AC to Lewes, DE via Cape May Ferry (if trucks are allowed).

Delaware is the easiet part IMO. From Lewes, US-9 connects to DE-1 north to Dover (big air force base and a NASCAR track visible from the highway) and then over the C&D canal and connecting to I-95 up in Wilmington (SB for Baltimore/DC, NB back to Philly). I-495 can be omitted; optionally Del Mem bridge can connect over the river to NJ tpk. DE/PA-41 NB is a truck route to connect to US-30 in Gap, PA. Continue on US-9 SB to connect to US-13 south (connection to US-50 WB to Annapolis, MD and DC- very rural ) and could continue to Norfolk/VA Beach, VA if the Chesapeake Bay Bridge/Tunnel allows trucks (hope it does- it's a fun/terrifying drive). That's about it for DE. Maybe US-301 and US-40 if they don't do 13 and 50?

Edit: forgot PA-61 north from Reading to Pottsville and the Yuengling Brewery- also connects with I-78 and I-81. I'm done now, for real.
Shiva

#165 Post by Shiva » 17 Apr 2021 10:14

Chesapeake Bay Bridge/Tunnel, yes it allows semi's.
13"6'limit tho.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
flight50

#166 Post by flight50 » 17 Apr 2021 13:32

The Chesapeake is a must have....a must have. There should be zero scale issue there. It might be limited to 13 '6 but so is the Eisenhower and SCS ignored that. So I'm sure it would end up being 15'-17' or something so that players can haul 98% of the loads thru it. Hopefully at some point, SCS gets expansion joints in the bridges because the Chesapeake has quite a few of them. They are quite audible and you can really hear them and feel them. This could be one of the longest bridges in the game. Key West the other. We could get about 2-3 miles of these at 1:20 scale.

With commentary - bad quality No commentary - good quality
Last edited by flight50 on 17 Apr 2021 14:25, edited 1 time in total.
supersobes
Global moderator

#167 Post by supersobes » 17 Apr 2021 14:07

Just for clarification, the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel are two separate places that are hundreds of miles away from each other. The Chesapeake Bay Bridge is in the northern half of the bay, carrying US-50 between the two halves of Maryland. The Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel is in in the southern part of the bay, near where it meets the Atlantic Ocean. This carries US-13 between mainland Virginia and Virginia's Eastern Shore, a part of the state that is isolated from the rest by the bay. The Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel is a combinatnation of three bridges and two tunnels. The Chesapeake Bay Bridge is just one long bridge. The bay is wider in the south, so the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel is significantly longer than the Chesapeake Bay Bridge.
flight50

#168 Post by flight50 » 17 Apr 2021 14:26

Ahhh. That explains why that last video looked so different, lol. Thanks. I removed it for clarity. Butttt, I do hope to see the North bridge too.
rbsanford

#169 Post by rbsanford » 17 Apr 2021 16:06

flight50 wrote: 17 Apr 2021 13:32 This could be one of the longest bridges in the game. Key West the other.
Along the gulf coast there are even more very long bridges, and a lot of high ones as well; they may not be on the east coast, but they're still out east.

Louisiana especially has some good ones: I-55's Manchac Swamp Bridge (22.8 miles), the longest bridge of the Interstate Highway System; I-10's Atchafalaya Basin Bridge (18), Bonnet Carré Spillway Bridge (11), and the Twin Span Bridge (5.4); and the Lake Pontchartrain Causeway, which, at just under 24 miles, is the longest continuous bridge over water in the world. I can see LA having an achievement for driving over all these bridges, and more.
The Journeys of Zephyr of the American West

Handy maps and diagrams.

Furthermore, I consider that I-80 across Nevada must be redone next.
Shiva

#170 Post by Shiva » 17 Apr 2021 17:10

Bridges and tunnels, especially combo's, eat space.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.

Return to “General discussion about the game”