Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

J.Random

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#431 Post by J.Random » 26 Apr 2021 08:26

Onagerlinn wrote: 26 Apr 2021 06:57 adjacent road also gets incredibly busy which makes turning out of that prefab quite a challenge.
The Truman effect is bad across the board (both ETS2 and ATS "boards", really) and has nothing to do with prefabs or road network.
PBandJ

#432 Post by PBandJ » 26 Apr 2021 12:05

@flight50 When that delivery is made, what delivery options are available for it? I would think only the easy and skip in a hurry options should be, which is what has been mentioned is an option before changing the prefab at all. If someone isn't comfortable making the harder delivery choice, pick #2or #3 choice. Problem solved. But then again I would think if we are keeping to realistic as claimed before this would not happen. By that I would mean a double into a dock or door delivery without first dropping the last trailer off somewhere in the yard or lot first to deliver 1st trailer to dock or door. I also was speaking that I wouldn't see this type of delivery in real life, not in the game. I don't believe you would ever see a double to a dock or door, at least I have never seen one in this part of the country. They always drop 2nd trailer somewhere else in yard or lot before going to dock or door. Then yard truck moves second trailer into position or original driver moves it after dropping 1st trailer into dock or door. Even these cases are very rare for me to see around here. Doubles usually go to yard that has straight in drop zone so driver doesn't have to maneuver doubles to much. Then yard truck moves dropped trailer into dock or door one at a time. Have seen where they pulled doubles into straight drop off, dropped second trailer there, then took 1st trailer to another delivery point at some other company also. Of course, different parts of the country do things differently, so there maybe some parts that have a different setup then I mentioned. This is just how I have seen doubles handled.

I also wonder if SCS intentionally sets up deliveries such as these to see if the driver makes the correct choice for each particular delivery. If you choose second or third choice you don't get as high xp points or any at all for parking, but you also don't run the risk of damaging truck, trailer, contents, or building. In some cases I believe the second or third choice is what they are expecting you to choose because IRL that would be the correct choice to make. If/when they get the driving school up and running it will be interesting to see how they train someone to handle these situations and what choices they show are the correct ones.
flight50

#433 Post by flight50 » 26 Apr 2021 13:14

Options is always a good thing but they should really cover all grounds. Options to bail out and options to easy and hard park. Sometimes I skip, sometimes I park. Its all based on the depot I'm delivering too. I don't bother with the tedious ones anymore. If I have to use external cam, I don't bother parking. It would be perfect if SCS ever developed multi drop along with detaching doubles. So in those regards, I and many other will agree with your logic here. That opens the doors to a lot of other things. Especially the smaller prefabs. SCS could even repurpose some small assets in the game that are not even functional right now. Eddys, Voltison and Rail Depot (some of the tigheter ones) and then there is a Butimen that has one fairly tiny one. In order for multi drop and doubles breakdown to happen, SCS needs to do a mad overhaul on the cargo system in ATS. Lots of things just don't make sense. The biggest one is bulk milk and juice going from A to B and B turns out to be Wallbert supercenter. The cargo is thin in ATS and hopefully someday gets added to in a big way. They come to far to have certain limitation when it comes to overall game play. Cargo and features like multi drop, rigids and doubles breakdown is just as big of a need as MP and owned trailers.

For California, with this rebuild, I think a lot of the European thought process will be removed from California and then on to Nevada. The prefabs, the interchanges, the on/off ramps, the trucks stop and all the new depots that have come since then will all get into the mix now....I hope. No reason they can't. We don't know to what degree this rebuild will take on but one thing for sure is that prehistoric California will be much more enjoyable. Thankfully Arizona is feasible right now until they can touch it up. So traveling into California via I-10 and I-40 won't be too bad but from the Southern tip of Cali all the way up to Oregon will be a relief for many. It might not be until next Xmas when its all complete but as long as they keep that dedicated team in place, it will be nice to get the rebuilt California. I sure hope we hear something about it for 1.41 though.
Rockatansky6

#434 Post by Rockatansky6 » 29 Apr 2021 00:32

Now that night, after a few days without playing because of problems with my sick father, I went back to ATS and took a short run to California, just to see Redding, Eureka, Sacramento and Truckee. I hope that 1.41 we will have this more pleasant area. As the rebuilt roads first mentioned, I wonder what the Donner Pass region will look like ...
oldmanclippy

#436 Post by oldmanclippy » 07 May 2021 14:54

blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | see profile for link to Germany cities and Switzerland rework maps
prediction maps: Greece | ATS 2024-2025 DLCs
research map: Upper Midwest (work in progress)
flight50

#437 Post by flight50 » 07 May 2021 15:03

It came...it came....I knew it could come before 1.41 ob blog hit. We may or may not get it for 1.41 though. But confirmation that cities will be adjusted is a key question now covered.
Last edited by flight50 on 07 May 2021 19:39, edited 1 time in total.
russ99

#438 Post by russ99 » 07 May 2021 15:19

Woot! Very exciting blog post.

Really hoping they make the I-5 border with Oregon much more realistic. I wonder if any of those border check screens would be that...
J.Random

#439 Post by J.Random » 07 May 2021 15:24

> Upon your arrival at the border, depending on what you are hauling, drivers will be notified to pull over for an inspection at one of the control stations
I don't get it. I see highways completely blocked off on every screenshot. Does "depending on" actually mean "regardless of"?
And if it works as described, I expect it to not work at all when advisor is hidden. Can't imagine why (coughSzegedcough). Unless these stations use the same signals as weigh stations.
FrancescoMasci

#440 Post by FrancescoMasci » 07 May 2021 15:27

I noticed that highways were completely blocked as well. I hope for a blog entry which will further clarify the subject. Cars should proceed anwyays if I'm not mistaken.

Return to “General discussion about the game”