Next ATS truck speculation

tigolebitties

Re: Next ATS truck speculation

#2871 Post by tigolebitties » 19 Jun 2021 19:21

I buy all DLC's when available even if I don't plan to use them. I don't think I've ever applied a Dragon paint job lol But I love the game and SCS is doing a great job so far. Last year was a terrific year for us, so maybe this year ETS2 (the cash cow) gets more attention. I'm good with that.
Wolfi
Beta tester

#2872 Post by Wolfi » 19 Jun 2021 20:52

I get the hype and I get the will to get your favorite truck as soon as possible. But as Freeze said, the more you talk about it, the more annoying it gets. But yeah, to each their own. As for the trucks to come or not to come. I'm sad as well we didn't get the old Cascadia, I actually liked that model, but as I said, in the end SCS probably didn't see viability in adding it when it came to licensing costs. I probably won't be as sad if 5700XE meets the same fate. Yes 3rd truck with the same set of cabs can get old pretty fast, but at the same time I really hate the current 5700XE cab and interior, as they are one of the worst in class. But again, to each their own. I personally would love to see an International added. Either LT or HX. I really love International's dashboard and while I don't hate the Lonestar, I'm not the biggest fan of that hood design. Having a more tame LT, or a more badass HX would be nice. That said I'll still happily take any new truck SCS throws at us and as always I'll do the best to my ability to make sure it will be as bugfree and accurate as possible.
The smallest details always make the biggest difference.
Freeze338

#2873 Post by Freeze338 » 19 Jun 2021 21:11

flight50 wrote: 19 Jun 2021 18:54 The old Cascadia was a big miss but I still mark that one up on the community. I'd like to think that SCS was going to go for it while it was still in production but people started complaining and saying they wanted it from scratch which means the model they came up with goes for nothing. It was an older model so why put energy into building that gen like it was the new Cascadia. No reason why that truck couldn't have come like the VNL to help fill in the roster. Instead, we got nothing
Exactly. Nothing. Currently if they add, maybe some people complains but at least we have Old Cascadia. Now nothing, There isn't any proper mods, no A.I. models nothing. I don't get that. Anyway that's a sad story.
tigolebitties

#2874 Post by tigolebitties » 19 Jun 2021 22:58

TBH if they added 'old' Cascadia as a traffic model only DLC I'd buy it.
flight50

#2875 Post by flight50 » 19 Jun 2021 23:32

^Same here. I'd by an old Cascadia traffic only dlc. I am sure someone would mod it to where its a truck option. Sad thing is, SCS may never add a Class 8 in traffic only. Why? Because people would complain about them not being able to drive it. Sooo lets take it a step further and say SCS could do an AI only dlc pack. This classic dlc pack that keeps coming up in discussion....I'd pay for an AI only version of it too. It the presence of certain trucks that matter. We don't have to drive them all. If manufactures said yes you can put it in the game but we'd only rather it be in traffic, I'd be cool with that. Hopefully SCS would be cool as well. If SCS can't get interiors for a classic or older truck....I'm cool with AI only. Better than nothing. Freightliner has a butt load that can get added. There are like 3-4 models right there that can be in traffic because they are still out there in traffic. Columbia, old Cascadia, 132SD, Century... I'd love to get a SCS version of JazzyCat's AI traffic. That still adds diversity in what we see. That also spares an interior modeler if we only need the exterior and some basic paint schemes.

Once all these in production trucks slows down, I really wish SCS considered pitching classic history to somebody. A manufacturer that is proud of their history more than likely may not reject a classic. K100, 362, International Eagle, Mack R, delicious. Spawn them like 1:5000 and I'm good.
ASDF

#2876 Post by ASDF » 20 Jun 2021 04:09

This MACK on the creative workshop:https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... earchtext=
I have also subscribed several times. For this model of MACK, I also like it better. I also like this MACK Pinnacle on the official website:https://www.macktrucks.com/trucks/pinnacle-series/
Hopefully in the future America Truck Simulator will add these trucks: Freightliner 122SD/Century/Columbia/FLD/Cascadia/Coronado, Kenworth T800/T880/W990,Volvo VNX740, International HX520/ ProStar, and MACK Pinnacle, MACK Titan.
xXCARL1992Xx

#2877 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 20 Jun 2021 06:28

SCS would still need Freightliners approval to release the old Cascadia even if it is just for AI
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Tristman

#2878 Post by Tristman » 20 Jun 2021 06:41

They should just throw their 18WOS lineup at manufacturers and be like “Can you approve these? K thx.”

Jazzycat’s truck pack is a must for me, I use it whenever we’re out of open beta. That said, I wouldn’t like it if SCS just did AI truck DLCs. I enjoy driving a great variety of trucks, and I expect them to make new trucks they add driveable. I wouldn’t see any reason why a manufacturer would only approve a truck if it were AI, so if SCS adds a truck only to traffic, that would feel like a half done job.
flight50

#2879 Post by flight50 » 20 Jun 2021 07:00

For sure SCS would have to get permission to add anyone's truck. Old or new. I never mentioned just toss them in there. But for the dlc I speak of, that is for out of production trucks. If SCS can't or won't add them, the last resort is at least AI traffic. That's the part I say its better than nothing. They can get away with basic interiors at that point. At least we won't completely miss trucks. I use to use JazzyCat's mod but after the Anthem released, I stopped. It use to be a must for me as well but the game runs much much smoother without his packs. So I abandoned all his packs.
saur44l

#2880 Post by saur44l » 20 Jun 2021 11:48

Frankly speaking I never did understood the logic behind that "if the trucks are no longer in production,then we should never have them in game" thinking.I mean we already have trucks that are no longer in production,what difference is gonna make adding some that just recently became models that could be bought only as used ones in the real world.And to be really honest I hope that in the future that way of thinking will be put in the past,it would be a real shame not to have trucks like the old Cascadia,9900i,T800 and etc.Give us an option where we can buy used trucks and there you have your excuse to add them in the game,I am sure that no one is gonna complain if there are more trucks to chose from.

Return to “General discussion about the game”