Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

clifflandmark

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#911 Post by clifflandmark » 24 Jul 2021 16:35

There are different meanings here. If there is a serious difference between new content and old content in 5 years, rebuilding is as important as DLCs. Why would you employ only 3 people in such an important work ?
xXCARL1992Xx

#912 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 24 Jul 2021 16:37

it doesnt matter how important this works is, these people have still to be paid for work done that gets almost no money in, would you send 15 of your people doing a job that gets you only money that 1 person alone would be enough to generate ?
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
clifflandmark

#913 Post by clifflandmark » 24 Jul 2021 16:38

then don't touch anything until 2030, release everthing asap and rebuild after 2030 :D
flight50

#914 Post by flight50 » 24 Jul 2021 16:39

We have no idea how many are working the rebuild though. Once the base map is rebuilt, in 5 years things may only need tweaks, not rebuilds. Rebuilds in the future is an unknown. It really depends on if there are any night and day jumps in the future.

Rebuilding after 2030 suffers from new sales when they see the quality of the new content. It harder to sale Texas if parts of the map look like current California. They kind of have to do it the way they are doing it. Phase it with a smaller team.
Last edited by flight50 on 24 Jul 2021 16:40, edited 1 time in total.
harishw8r

#915 Post by harishw8r » 24 Jul 2021 16:40

I’d say even 4-5 phases is an underestimation. Road network alone (including some crucial cities like SF) might easily take three phases, given how much area they covered in phase 1.

Then comes the obvious rework of cities. Almost all the cities might experience a layout change given how narrow the roads are. There would be an economy overhaul too. Given at what rate the France reskin was made, this would be even slower.

California reskin will take almost the same time as Texas (by this I mean the timeframe from research phase to release phase), if not more, as the number of mappers and artists involved would be less in number compared to map DLCs anyway.
flight50

#916 Post by flight50 » 24 Jul 2021 16:46

^I agree that California could take as long as Texas considering the size of the team. I also agree that it could be more than 4-5. My 4-5 is just speaking of the roads though. It could take another 4-5 to do cities. Cities can take 3-5 months a piece. Assuming enough city builders are even on the project. A solid team of 5-7 mappers could do California well. Then add in your asset guys.
interstate trav

#917 Post by interstate trav » 24 Jul 2021 22:35

I think California to look it’s best can’t be done that fast, it’s almost like a new dlc and it’s he most populated and if they add enough routes which I hope they do Los Angeles will be a huge thing itself, between how much they include and freeways, then if they do rework the 14 and add Antelope Valley, Mojave, San Bernardino Palm Springs and or Indio, but he 5 alone will have a lot of work to be done. Interchanges as well as mountains, also if they do the 5-14 jct which I hope they do just all of that is a lot.
angrybirdseller

#918 Post by angrybirdseller » 25 Jul 2021 05:33

They could do California in about 2-3 years time they are not rebuilding everything from the beginning the blog indicated it. A large portion is face-lifting a lot of the cities and adding newer assets. The cities full rebuild is very likely Los Angeles, Sacramento, Bakersfield, Fresno, and removal of Euro-Style truck stops, and replace with customized ones.

The changes and improvements we plan are massive, however, please keep in mind that we are not redoing California from scratch. While many places will be overhauled completely, there are sceneries that we feel have withstood the test of time really well, or may only need a thin layer of additional polish. At any rate, we're striving to provide a cohesive experience well in line with our current world creation best practices.
harishw8r

#919 Post by harishw8r » 25 Jul 2021 05:49

I guess Yosemite will stay. Perhaps Death Valley too. Other than that I see the entire state getting overhauled.
angrybirdseller

#920 Post by angrybirdseller » 25 Jul 2021 06:19

Not necessarily certain cities like San Diego, Barstow along with Oxnard will get face lifted, and extended portions I-5 that were built at 1:20 scale will be left alone or slightly facelifted. The US 101 the rescale extensions those will be facelifted and some parts ripped out, but large portion would be touched. The I-15 extension from I-10 to I-8 that was added during update before New Mexico DLC came out can't see them rebuilding it unless to add new road.

Return to “General discussion about the game”