Wyoming Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#3321 Post by flight50 » 26 Jul 2021 08:30

Vinnie Terranova wrote: 25 Jul 2021 06:58 Did we need a blog about weigh stations? I would have understand if weigh stations would have got new functionality. But the only thing the blog shows us is the look of some weigh stations... I don't know; I don't need a blog that shows me how some of the weigh stations look like. I can discover and see that for myself when Wyoming is released. I really want to know why SCS decided to put out a blog about weigh stations...
Agreed. It was a blog to give us something without having to sacrificing showing much more than we already know. They show the entire dlc because there are many out there that want to discover the dlc on their own.
clifflandmark wrote: 25 Jul 2021 10:56 I found out that newbies in team screwed up in their sectors and pros are fixing it.

thanks for the translantic meditation. it works.
Where's this reference coming from?
clifflandmark

#3322 Post by clifflandmark » 26 Jul 2021 09:52

i've got a suspicion that could happen.it was only a joke.theres not any reference, just a possibilty came to my mind.
raskol

#3323 Post by raskol » 26 Jul 2021 12:21

[ external image ]

friends, I think it would be nice if scs software completed other states in 1 year after wyoming, montana, texas, at least not until 2030, it would be nice if it was like 2025, send the whole team to these dlc's except the rework team again scs software
It would make sense if no map dlc was released for 1 year and then completed small cities with updates, so no one has to wait for dlc
xXCARL1992Xx

#3324 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 26 Jul 2021 12:29

no, this idea is complete nonsense, they already need roughly 2 years for one of the big states, this wont change with the smaller ones, they will still need 2 years to do them, in bundles
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
oldmanclippy

#3325 Post by oldmanclippy » 26 Jul 2021 13:39

@raskol I don't understand what you are trying to say, but if you mean that you think SCS could finish North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, Missouri, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, and Wisconsin all in 1 year, you are delusional. Let alone the entire eastern third in one year which is even more daunting. Texas will have taken at least 1.5 years of heavy development, and probably 3 years of any sort of development, to release. Those areas are more than 2 Texas's each, so the rest of the US should take about 10 years, not 2.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
harishw8r

#3326 Post by harishw8r » 26 Jul 2021 13:45

(in Friends’ Chandler voice) Oh my God, you almost gave me a heart attack!

Even Kansas would be a nightmare due to its high road density. The road network would only get dense (in terms of development, worse) as we move towards the east. Then we have huge cities like Chicago, Philadelphia, Charolette, Jacksonville and NYC. So no way that’s possible.

Back to topic, will we get a Wyoming blog today, perhaps a gameplay? :D
flight50

#3327 Post by flight50 » 26 Jul 2021 15:16

Yeahhhh no way we go back to one map a year after Texas and Montana. Not to mention the speculated time frame to complete such huge areas is far off. Those area are a solid 5-6 years of development a piece. SCS can't afford to go 5 years at this point in time without a map being released for ATS. That's impossible to survive.
oldmanclippy

#3328 Post by oldmanclippy » 26 Jul 2021 17:10

The other good thing about releasing states one by one or two by two instead of taking 5 years to make mega expansions, is that with the former strategy you have lots of opportunities to gather feedback from fans, iterate on your design and research strategies and mapping skills, and overall evolve positively as a development group. Otherwise you will spend 5 years making the same mistakes all over the map, and then be in big trouble when you release something that is a sloppier product because it spent 5 years in an insular environment instead of:

Colorado releases
Fans like X, don't like Y
SCS does more of X for Wyoming, less of Y
Wyoming releases
Fans like W, don't like Z
SCS does more of W for Texas, less of Z

The product at the end of that chain of iteration and improvement will be far superior to one that didn't get that chance for feedback in between each state.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri
plykkegaard

#3329 Post by plykkegaard » 26 Jul 2021 17:15

Noone likes a monolith, iterative work is the modern approach to software development

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
flight50

#3330 Post by flight50 » 26 Jul 2021 17:53

@oldmanclippy that's a very validate point and I totally agree. You learn from your mistakes each dlc. They will never be perfect but minimize inaccuracies, quality issues and overall thinking process per project.

Return to “General discussion about the game”