Wyoming Discussion Thread

flight50

Re: Wyoming Discussion Thread

#5741 Post by flight50 » 25 Sep 2021 06:18

Yeah there was definitely an adjustment made to the AI. They don't have awareness anymore. They use to sense human players and brake. They just come right over now no matter where they are. Every now and then I'll see an AI collision at the ramp/merge lane. I just go around them. The adjustment is an okay fix for now but the AI still needs a proper fix.....a smarter AI basically. I know a lot of people like to compare GTA AI to ATS/ETS2. I can say that I have never seen the AI collide in GTA. So whatever they do, it works.
Tristman

#5742 Post by Tristman » 25 Sep 2021 07:54

GTA is known for having some of the best AI in the game industry. As it is a triple A game, I don’t think it’s realistic to expect SCS to have an AI like that in even 10 years.

I did notice the AI was behaving better though with the release of Wyoming. Prior to WY, I was seeing a lot of cases where all traffic on the interstate would come to a full stop in the right lane to let a single car join the interstate. Driving your truck at 65mph to suddenly find a big line of stopped cars in front of you definitely keeps you awake.

After WY, I haven’t seen this occur a single time, although I’ve made plenty of interstate miles. Other senseless AI issues still persist though, so maybe it was just an issue created with the Convoy release that they have now fixed.
plykkegaard

#5743 Post by plykkegaard » 25 Sep 2021 08:35

Seen it a couple of times in Wyoming
I had plenty of room on shoulder this was the solution while slowing down, passed the mess without a scratch

This signature virus has been spliced with the Fundementalism-B virus to create a new more contagious strain. Please look for it infecting a signature near you.
Shiva

#5744 Post by Shiva » 25 Sep 2021 08:52

russ99 wrote: 24 Sep 2021 14:10 Seems like grasping straws. I look at it as with Montana DLC in: without US-12 will travel be hindered in any of the four primary directions?

North and South we have I-90, I-15, US 89 and possibly US-310. East and west is trickier, but when Montana comes, I-90-94 will be a lot more efficient.

IMO we may get US-12 but I doubt that Cody as a delivery city happens. It's a nicety, not an essential.
Well, Cody would have been made plausible with those road options.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
flight50

#5745 Post by flight50 » 26 Sep 2021 18:43

I got a lil more driving done this weekend. A couple more backroads. I seriously don't understand those that says Wyoming doesn't feel open or is to compact. My advise....get off I-80. There is a ton of state left to explore. Its a gorgeous dlc on I-80 but even more away from it. I have only discovered about 40 to 45% and Wyoiming is definitely open. I'm also a lover of back roads so its up my alley.

If we can expect Montana to be a continuation of Wyoming, we good to go. Its going to be a big complement to close out the West. Each weekend I run a new road that I haven't before. I like to slowly discover new dlc and even without the Northwest gap, I enjoying what I am seeing.
VTXcnME

#5746 Post by VTXcnME » 26 Sep 2021 19:21

The top of state loop from Sheridan around to Jackson is *gorgeous* I definitely enjoy it.

Only place that feels cramped is Cheyenne to me. Buildings stacked closer together, tucked in behind one another. Like a real city. Everything else is wide open country. I dig it. Very much worth the long wait.

Off topic-ish: If Texas is as amazing in graphic representation and feel, that's gonna be an AWESOME DLC (and worth whatever wait)... not that the wait will be easy, but it'll be worth it.
flight50

#5747 Post by flight50 » 26 Sep 2021 19:54

Texas won't have the same nature beauty as Wyoming nor Montana. Texas is a mix of everything we've seen so far just diluted and much more real estate to do it in. Think of Texas as transition territory going from a mountainous and desert West to a green and wooded East. In between, various levels of prairie grasses.

What Wyoming does is give us a nice taste of the Northern Great Plains which is quite different than the Southern Great Plains and the Eastern states if the Great Plains. Wyoming tranistions from Rocky Mountains to rolling hills and smaller mountains. ATS's terrain diversity will be more appreciative once SCS closes in on the Northeast. We are many years from that close in so til then.
killingjoke28336

#5748 Post by killingjoke28336 » 27 Sep 2021 12:02

As SCS just accounced some new roads in Iberia I really hope the same thing will happen in ATS with Wyoming and other various states especially south Utah.
flight50

#5749 Post by flight50 » 27 Sep 2021 12:56

^Agreed. But its a totally different map team over there. Most of us all expect the same treatment for ATS naturally, but no telling what SCS's plans are. If ATS is still adding to the map team, no reason not to bring more roads like they use to do. I think once Texas is released, they'll get back to doing such. I just think Texas is sucking up a lot of the manpower right now. So hopefully by next Summer, we'll get this beast of a dlc and just maybe by the end of 2022, we'll start seeing some of this freed manpower. Maybe start with the newest dlc and then work their way backwards. Kinda like natvander does signage. Bring the newest content up to speed first, then go backwards. Wyoming doesn't need much honestly. Only 2 roads I can really see in US-14 and US-85. I think Wyoming has a pretty good road layout as is. Its pretty dense in my opinion for the type of state it is. Add much more than that and it gets cluttered up.

Once South Dakota and Nebraska comes, the Roads East benefits from US-85 as well as I-90. SCS could even connect US-16 from Moorcroft and maybe even connect up WY-450 to US-16. New Castle and Custer, SD would have to be scenic though. We'll need US-16 to continue to Rapid City, SD and those 2 need to be present.
oldmanclippy

#5750 Post by oldmanclippy » 27 Sep 2021 16:45

I do think it would be a shame if we didn't get US-16 from Moorcroft to Rapid City. I really do think that Newcastle was very worthy of being a marked city but that ship has probably sailed.

Regardless of how useful it is, I think SCS absolutely needs to milk the Black Hills for all their worth in SD. It's a very scenic region that tons of Americans have visited at some point or another. Mount Rushmore will be tough but doable (is SD-244 truckable will be another debate around here someday I am sure) but Crazy Horse should definitely make it barring some Eiffel Tower-like copyright. Anyhow, that means Newcastle would need to be at least scenic so I think we'll get it someday.

Whether they extend WY-450 to meet it or US-85 to Lusk is another story. If we get US-385 from Custer to Chadron then I think US-85's usefullness decreases as long as WY-450 is in. Would I love to have it, of course. Do I think there are ways SCS can do South Dakota without it, yes.
headquartered in Denver [ external image ] and Brussels [ external image ]
blog screenshot IRL maps: Greece | Nordic Horizons | German Cities
prediction maps: Greece+Nordic Horizons | Nebraska+Arkansas+Missouri

Return to “General discussion about the game”