Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

Sara

Re: Base Map Rebuild (CA, NV, AZ) General Discussion Thread

#1201 Post by Sara » 29 Nov 2021 14:50

@flight50 Yeah, I just didn't know, and New Mexico isn't one of my favourite states in ATS, well, with all the bad luck I had, mostly with AI Traffic there. And I have only learnt about the musical roads tonight. Anyways, thanks also for letting me know about the forum search. I completely forgot that existed.
Trucker Nik

#1202 Post by Trucker Nik » 05 Dec 2021 08:17

Do you think we'll get a second phase of California rework along with the cities before the Texas release?
angrybirdseller

#1203 Post by angrybirdseller » 05 Dec 2021 09:41

Possibility will see Texas before phase 2, but Pavel and the head map teams calls the shots. Think getting newer content out will be priority before rebuilds.
flight50

#1204 Post by flight50 » 05 Dec 2021 10:06

@Ceco Yes I believe so. Whatever update brings Texas, there will be a compatibility update for it. Whether that is 1.44 or 1.45 for Spring or Summer, no telling. California ph 1 would be about a year apart from ph2 at that point. I'm sure something new would be ready to release by then. Heck, I still won't rule out California ph 2 for 1.43 considering SCS said more will get added but it wasn't ready in time. Until 1.44 comes, there can always be patches for 1.43. Now the chances are slimmer after a few weeks that 1.43 goes public. So I wouldn't get my hopes up too high once 1.43 goes public. Something as big as new roads or reworked roads are better off releasing early in open beta before it goes public.
Sara

#1205 Post by Sara » 05 Dec 2021 13:55

@Ceco I think they're going to release only parts of the rebuld in certain updates though, and not as a whole rebuild in one. But I am not sure whether they'll add another update to rework California before Texas, but I don't know.

One thing thing that I can't wait for in California, as well as Nevada too,is the replacement of those short diamond interchanges, especially when driving a truck and you like to make it feel realistic with the breaking, as trucks realistically speaking, with a heavy load, can't stop in a hurry.
flight50

#1206 Post by flight50 » 05 Dec 2021 17:56

I don't think anyone is expecting ph 2 to be the rest of California. That's why we all speak in phases. That is how Germany went and that is how the blogs present themselves. It should take awhile. California more than likely won't even be completed until after Montana releases to be honest. They'll use some the manpower from the larger paid dlc teams more than likely once their task are up.
VTXcnME

#1207 Post by VTXcnME » 05 Dec 2021 19:01

I'll give SCS one thing: Nothing happens quickly with them.

I know, I know. Fast isn't good. Good isn't fast. blah blah.

Lotta irons in the fires.... as I said in another thread a few weeks ago: I'd really appreciate if they dedicated to finishing what's open ended before biting off more stuff. Get everything moving faster. Having everyone working on different projects just makes everything slower, not necessarily better, just slower.
SenseFM

#1208 Post by SenseFM » 05 Dec 2021 19:31

At least for now, base map rebuild phases seem to be following an annual pace for both ETS2 and ATS. Each one of the three phases of the rework of Germany took one year for their release, although it's a bit different than the current situation, since the rebuild of Germany only affected highways and if I'm not mistaken the process was made by one person only. Currently both games have a small team for the old map reworks, which could mean both less or more time of work, depending on the level of detail that is planned to achieve.
Tristman

#1209 Post by Tristman » 05 Dec 2021 22:09

VTXcnME wrote: 05 Dec 2021 19:01 Having everyone working on different projects just makes everything slower, not necessarily better, just slower.
Well, you have to consider that having too many people doing the same thing doesn't amount to getting things done faster.
They work with different teams on different projects so they can get multiple things done at the same time.
Whether they work the most efficient way I couldn't possibly tell you, but I want to assume they know what they're doing and have various projects going on at the same time to achieve maximum efficiency.
angrybirdseller

#1210 Post by angrybirdseller » 06 Dec 2021 02:09

The world built into sectors and more than one mapper in each sector counterproductive just open up map editor you will see what I mean. Every person familiar with map editor understands why scs assigns one mapper per sector.

Return to “General discussion about the game”