Mega Shifter

barak1001

Re: Mega Shifter

#111 Post by barak1001 » 15 Aug 2017 22:43

This is the hardest thing I ever hard to back in. You can't even see it in your mirrors when it's attached to a cargo truck.
[ external image ]
Blackspots

#112 Post by Blackspots » 16 Aug 2017 00:22

I got you beat. We have one of these at work: https://www.atlascopco.com/en-us/constr ... 85-KD-u-US

Try backing that thing up (I actually had to back it up looking through the back window the other day because there was a dump truck in the way if I had to back in straight.)
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
barak1001

#113 Post by barak1001 » 31 Aug 2017 19:50

A few updates:

Genuine Eaton 18 speed medallions are available now for purchase.

EasyJakes are now in stock.

The Mega Shifter should have a right hand drive version available sometime in the coming months.

We're launching a new product call the "Road King" that has the same electronics as the Mega Shifter, but with a genuine Eaton Fuller shift knob as the base! It will be available with LHD and RHD versions at the time it's launched. Pricing will be a bit higher than the Mega Shifter due to the increased cost of the base knob.
Frontiersman

#114 Post by Frontiersman » 31 Aug 2017 20:21

Awesome!!! I should be able to order mine next week, Tony!!
flight50

#115 Post by flight50 » 31 Aug 2017 22:59

I sent my shifter back to Tech Affliction this week for the v3 upgrade and to get the addition of the jake installed. I can't wait to try it out. CSIO just takes entirely too long and they don't respond to anything. If there is a problem with the shifter, you are screwed. The warranty that they offer means nothing. Depending on when it breaks on you vs when you can get it repaired, there is a good chance that it will be out of warranty and you are left with $100+ door stop. Tech Affliction now offers everything that CSIO does with much better customer service. Honestly there is no reason to punish yourself by going the SKRS route when you can get the Mega Shifter with support on a much quicker turn around.

My order is still processing with CSIO and I ordered the first week in July. I placed my Mega Shifter order 2 weeks after I ordered the SKRS. I have been playing for weeks with the Mega, sent it back for an upgrade this week, get in back in another week and I will still be able to play for many many weeks if not months before the SKRS even shows up at my door step. I wish I could cancel my CSIO order honestly. I am sure there is a reason CSIO doesn't respond or get things out. Will they tell you/us....nope I doubt it. I just hope I don't have file a claim and take legal action. They take no time drafting your money but take forever to get you the product. A good company won't charge you until an item ships or they start working on your order. Not CSIO, your money is taken in a day or 2 you place the order.

Anywho, once I get my sexy upgrade, I will post some pics or a video. So far, I have only used the Mega in ET2 though. I haven't played ATS since Feb because I am boycotting it, lol. So I can't use all 18 speeds as of now. However, I am using a K108 in ET2 and I can only get 16 gears out of it with ET2 setup. The v1 Mega Shifter over the stock G27 shifter makes the game that much more additive to play. I can imagine what the v3 with Easy Jake will do to me, lol.
R0adrunner

#116 Post by R0adrunner » 01 Sep 2017 09:52

barak1001 wrote: 31 Aug 2017 19:50 EasyJakes are now in stock.
I was one of the early backers for the SKRS, so that's what i have for now. I've thought of adding an EasyJake too. Would you know if yours will fit the SKRS? Thanks!
I've never done that before, so I'm sure I can do it (Långstrump, Pippi)
Hard Times in Scandinavia a.k.a. HTiS (story and pics)
Movin' on - my ATS adventures
My WoT page
flight50

#117 Post by flight50 » 01 Sep 2017 12:25

My guess is yes. I believe both the SKRS and the Mega use genuine Eaton Fuller shift knobs. Which would mean that the construction is the same as they are universal to fit all semi's. But of course Barak1001 would have to confirm that.
barak1001

#118 Post by barak1001 » 01 Sep 2017 15:34

R0adrunner wrote: 01 Sep 2017 09:52
barak1001 wrote: 31 Aug 2017 19:50 EasyJakes are now in stock.
I was one of the early backers for the SKRS, so that's what i have for now. I've thought of adding an EasyJake too. Would you know if yours will fit the SKRS? Thanks!
The SKRS has screw down connectors on the board, you just strip back a bit of the wire on the easyjake and screw it in to the right ports on the terminal block. One wire goes to each end of the block which will be number GND and 4.
barak1001

#119 Post by barak1001 » 01 Sep 2017 15:53

flight50 wrote: 01 Sep 2017 12:25 My guess is yes. I believe both the SKRS and the Mega use genuine Eaton Fuller shift knobs. Which would mean that the construction is the same as they are universal to fit all semi's. But of course Barak1001 would have to confirm that.
No, Mega Shifter is a World American shift knob and SKRS is a nameless Chinese clone. Both are aftermarket made by third party manufacturers.

The Road King that I'm going to be releasing soon will be a genuine Eaton shift knob. As in manufactured by the company Eaton.
R0adrunner

#120 Post by R0adrunner » 01 Sep 2017 17:50

The wire connection to the SKRS board sounds simple enough. So your guess is that the EasyJake housing/sleeve will fit physically?
I've never done that before, so I'm sure I can do it (Långstrump, Pippi)
Hard Times in Scandinavia a.k.a. HTiS (story and pics)
Movin' on - my ATS adventures
My WoT page

Return to “General discussion about the game”