New Mexico Discussion Thread

Frontiersman

Re: new mexico dlc

#541 Post by Frontiersman » 19 Oct 2017 16:54

And I want every city and feature an exact duplicate, yet somehow scaled down so I'm not bored!
And I want SCS to make all trucks in the US available! No more waiting for licensing excuses!
And I want to run it maxed out flawlessly at 140fps with no frame drops on my Vic 20!
And I want it to cost less than $20!!
And I want all future expansions to be released every 2-4 weeks!
And I want all expansions to be free!
And I want customized tech support to fix my game for free after I have seemingly dropped 300 mods into it from an end dump!
No scratch that..
And I want ATS to work flawlessly with every single mod I want without question!!

(yes this post is sarcasm)
flight50

#542 Post by flight50 » 19 Oct 2017 19:53

@GT182. You are absolutely correct that you can express your opinion. We are all able to do that. But note that this site is not a country and it is not American. SCS is in the Czech Republic. I would assume they run the site, not Americans. They are providing an American game as a European company. But yes, you can express your thoughts just like everyone else. I have stated the same thing in other threads when I felt attack. However, I am not attacking you. I am just saying, don't expect realism out of every video game. ATS/ET2 just can't provide that. Heck Google Earth is not even accurate. At least the free version isn't. It is like 4-6 years old. We have to use it a lot to find site locations to survey buildings. A lot of the times, we have to just go to the site for accuracy. Games that can show realism is very few in context and they really really do the research and takes a but load of time. Only games that come to mind are F1 and Project cars. Two car game that do not cover an entire city, state or country. They use scan technology and really study the track. There is no way possible that SCS can scan or do enough research to cover a North American road map and all its cities for complete accuracy. We would go from dlc once a year to dlc once every 5 years perhaps. It is mission impossible to accomplish even 80% realism in a game in my opinion. That CDL you have, is real. You know what you see is real. I am just saying you can't put your real life experience behind a computer game and expect it to even remotely match up.

So I am not flaming you dude, I am stressing, what you are wanting, can't possibly happen for many many factors. As long as they can pull off the feel, it should suffice. Put it like this, if they can provide a few land marks or key items pertaining to a particular city and/or area and you can identify it, SCS pulled it off. I am sure when they get to Texas, there will definitely be some things that are off that I will notice. I am in North Texas so if they get Cowboy stadium and Six Flags off I-30, I know where I am. In Dallas if they have 30 buildings that look nothing like Dallas but they include the Bank of America Bldg (the triangle bldg) and the Reunion Tower ( the ball) everyone that knows North Texas will know exactly what SCS tried to do. It's the feel that they are going after. Sooo...in a nut shell, we all just have to accept what we get and be appreciative of it. I am like you man, I will buy what ever they put out and I may not like some things that I recognize. But I either take it or leave it. Just lower your expectations a bit it will be okay.

A side note, I have to agree with the others on the definition of simulator. It does not necessarily mean realism. It means your a depicting real life conditions for the given game you are playing. We are simulation driving in ATS. City building games are also considered simulator. There is 0 realism there. Train simulators are not accurate either I am sure. Flight Simulator may have been a bit more accurate based on how they developed the game. No game an depict real life to the fullest though. Humans can't even do it half the time as trying to repeat what we see or did, some inaccurate statements will come about. There is no such thing as perfect.

@frontiersman. Lmao. Funny sarcasm indeed. My statement above solves that for everyone......if we just lower our expectations, it will be okay.
old.Trucker

#543 Post by old.Trucker » 19 Oct 2017 20:26

flight50 - Yesterday critic, today the biggest defense attorney ... congrats ... :)
Understanding 'map editor' is really easy, all you have to do is understand 'map editor' ... :o
(BigTrucker) old.Trucker = more millions km in: 18 WoS series (+Extreme Trucker) + Rig'n'Roll (California) + ETS + GTS + UKTS + STDS + ETS2 + ATS

Peterbilt & Mercedes + TruckersMP = Trucking
flight50

#544 Post by flight50 » 20 Oct 2017 00:06

What are the chances that we perhaps get (2) additional small cities in Arizona because of NM. Think about it. I-40 has to continue from Holbrook and I-10 has to continue from Sierra Vista. There is a 1.29 beta which is probably the compatibility patch for connecting up the dlc to the existing map. I have not played ATS since Feb so could some confirm that Sierra Vista is still the last stop on I-10 and Holbrook is still the last stop on I-40. I am betting we get at the least (1) addition city along each of these interstates prior to connecting up with NM. If not Gallup will probably be the first off I-40 in NM and Lordsburg or Deming the first off I-10 in NM. Oh course the beta testers know but they can't talk.
AZ_Flyer

#545 Post by AZ_Flyer » 20 Oct 2017 04:49

flight50 wrote: 20 Oct 2017 00:06 I have not played ATS since Feb so could some confirm that Sierra Vista is still the last stop on I-10 and Holbrook is still the last stop on I-40. I am betting we get at the least (1) addition city along each of these interstates prior to connecting up with NM. If not Gallup will probably be the first off I-40 in NM and Lordsburg or Deming the first off I-10 in NM. Oh course the beta testers know but they can't talk.
San Simon is the last town headed East on I-10, both in game and IRL. Sierra Vista isn't on I-10 It's on AZHighway 90. I'd rather see Bowie, AZ added. It's West of San Simon, but more importantly it's John Rambo's hometown.
TruckerKid

#546 Post by TruckerKid » 20 Oct 2017 05:11

I have a feeling that a few cities might have been added to each base state, and some might have been remade, but that's just me speculating.
SabR

#547 Post by SabR » 20 Oct 2017 05:54

flight50 is right about lowering or better, having a reasonable expectation from a $20 game & a $10-$30 map DLC. No one gets a Lamborghini for the price of a motorcycle.

@Truckerkid, adding new cities to the existing map has not happened so far in the history of both the games and I won't count on it now.

-------------------------------------------------
EDIT -- Correction made
Last edited by SabR on 20 Oct 2017 08:06, edited 2 times in total.
pigbrother

#548 Post by pigbrother » 20 Oct 2017 06:12

It actually happened three times, if I my memory serves me right. Klagenfurt and Graz were added after the launch, Szeged and Pecs were added after the Going East launch, and Santa Maria and Ukiah were added in the rescale.

Later edit: actually I think also Venice and Verona were added later.
Last edited by pigbrother on 20 Oct 2017 07:38, edited 1 time in total.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
Frontiersman

#549 Post by Frontiersman » 20 Oct 2017 07:10

Yep, Santa Maria and Ukiah, I remember that well.
Reinhard

#550 Post by Reinhard » 20 Oct 2017 07:26

Verona was there from the very beginning. The rest is correct. Speaking of Europe, I have no clue what came when in ATS.

Return to “General discussion about the game”