New Mexico Discussion Thread

SmokeyWolf

Re: New Mexico Discussion Thread

#1061 Post by SmokeyWolf » 24 Nov 2020 20:50

New Mexico and Arizona both are great.

I believe 87 will make it as it runs with 287 from Amarillo to Dumas before splitting off. Also 87 brings you out on 25 in Raton.
flight50

#1062 Post by flight50 » 25 Nov 2020 00:26

I think US-87 is a no brainer must add. To be forced to drive from Pueblo South on I-25 to I-40 and access Texas thru Tucumcari, just doesn't make a lot of sense at all. Going thru the Oklahoma panhandle without Oklahoma, might be something SCS steers away from since we didn't get the connection from US-93 to US-12 with Idaho. Oklahoma is even more road from Lamar to Amarillo so that more than likely won't happen until Oklahoma drops.

I think NM is in store for some nice extension roads though. I'd hope to see US-54 connect to US-87 in Dalhart with US-87 coming from Raton. If US-54 comes with Texas, Oklahoma can pick it up in Dalhart and run it to Guymon and Kansas can pick it up from Guymon to Liberal. That whole corridor is cattle country for sure.

I mentioned it a few times before, but probably in another thread but I see lots of good connections from NM to Texas and each one will be sweet.

US-87 - Raton to Amarillo
US-54 - Tucumcari to Dalhart (50/50 chance)
I-40 - Tucumcari to Amarillo
US-60/US-84 - Clovis to Amarillo/Lubbock
US-62 - Hobbs to Lubbock
US-62 - Carlsbad to El Paso
US-285 - Carlsbad to I-20
I-10 - Las Cruces to El Paso

I think US-380 from Roswell is a bit too close to US-62 to worry about. But hey, if it too comes, then cool. But that is a lot of connections. The coolest part is that outside of Raton to Amarillo, all the connections are pretty short ones for a change as all the cities for the most part are close to the Texas border.
SmokeyWolf

#1063 Post by SmokeyWolf » 25 Nov 2020 01:24

US 54 is a must!
flight50

#1064 Post by flight50 » 25 Nov 2020 01:58

^I kind of think so at this point. But that is only if we ever get livestock. It didn't come with Colorado in which the blogs led us to believe. A couple years ago when Pavel mention he will go forth with livestock, I was sure that the feedlots for Colorado was going to do that chance. Boy was I wrong, lol. Maybe with lowboys coming for 1.39, there was no time to model the trailer and and anything else related to that industry like depot and other 3d models. At least they are not active with Colorado currently. Maybe SCS is setting them up for the future like the Western Star facility. Account for it now, activate it later. If SCS is waiting for Wyoming or Texas, then so be it. Texas will be able to come with enough so I don't understand if its Texas we are waiting for.
SmokeyWolf

#1065 Post by SmokeyWolf » 25 Nov 2020 04:30

54 is a major truck route to Liberal and Dodge City. Always took 54 when going to Cali from the beef plant.

Livestock is not needed for 54. Lot of other industries make 54 a vital route.
flight50

#1066 Post by flight50 » 25 Nov 2020 04:43

Yeah I hear ya on livestock. The main question is, what industry does SCS bring to that area to justify any roads.
IamTheOne

#1067 Post by IamTheOne » 25 Nov 2020 15:47

I love this discussion! Glad to hear that there are other players that have noticed gaps in the road network. It is rather unfortunate that it has taken many years before we would see a completion of the road network, but if it's done than it's a success I'm willing to take.

I think the biggest one to stand out is the Highway 60 gap between Soccoro and the 285, and if I remember correctly, they've been wanting to fill in that hole since 2017. If the 285 would then be expanded north to Interstate 40 that would be great as well, but I understand that they may decide not to do it. Finishing Highway 70 would be nice, but I could see the argument that it's too small to warrant an update, and that it could only save a few minutes of real-time while travelling.

Hopefully, the release of Oklahoma and Texas will finally encourage SCS to finish New Mexico's road network. It is unfortunate that it has taken this long, but if we get an update than it will be a good thing.
SmokeyWolf

#1068 Post by SmokeyWolf » 25 Nov 2020 15:59

@flight50 Meat plants, such as Cargill and National Beef.

Feed Lots to haul cattle from feed lot to meat plant.

Grain elevators to haul grain from farm to eleveator to feed lot.

Truly we can haul grain from elevator to refineries to be used for ethanol and bio diesel blends.

Also haul DDG (bone meal) from elevator to meat plants.

But in the grand scheme of things industry shouldn't be the only factor but more so how vital that particular road is for trucking in general.

Makes no sense to go to Amarillo then pick up 287 to go to Kansas when you can run 54 from Tucumcari and go to Kansas that way.
IamTheOne

#1069 Post by IamTheOne » 25 Nov 2020 16:07

Larry71490 wrote: 25 Nov 2020 15:59
But in the grand scheme of things industry shouldn't be the only factor but more so how vital that particular road is for trucking in general.

Makes no sense to go to Amarillo then pick up 287 to go to Kansas when you can run 54 from Tucumcari and go to Kansas that way.
Agreed
flight50

#1070 Post by flight50 » 25 Nov 2020 17:08

I am actually hoping Dalhart can be mapped. A Pioche or Tonopah type small town. Coming from Tucumcari hit that on US-87. If there are 5 directions to go in Dallhart, that works great. If not, Dalhart is scenic.

But I do like how the devs setup Texas with NM. Everything is on the border of the next state. I just took a ride last night on US-64 to Farmington from Lamar and the quality does not drop much at all. NM is done well.

When Texas comes, it seriously opens up all borders of NM. Even Arizona is tolerable for most. A few tweaks like oil/gas depots and perhaps the food industry and NM holds it own well for a 2017 dlc.

Return to “General discussion about the game”