New Mexico Discussion Thread

natvander
SCS Software

Re: new mexico dlc

#531 Post by natvander » 19 Oct 2017 00:56

I reckon the I25-I40 interchange looks like the image.
Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
TexasWhirlwind

#533 Post by TexasWhirlwind » 19 Oct 2017 01:07

Thats it right there. That flyover in the video is and a lot bigger...
-.- -.-. ..... -- ...- ...-
SiSL
SCS Software

#534 Post by SiSL » 19 Oct 2017 01:09

Game is 19:1, you know that, 19 seconds there is 1 seconds in game. And no, not a lot bigger, video is hell a lot speedy... You will see once you move from there...

I am not familiar with original place, so each looked identical to me from both videos.

You may read some of limitation problems here:
http://blog.scssoft.com/2017/09/new-mex ... erque.html

And all I say, stupid flat cities are enemies of FPS, I would rather not see entire city than passing there with 5 fps...
Sora

#535 Post by Sora » 19 Oct 2017 02:14

I found the trailer very exciting. Definitely eagerly looking forward for the announcement of the 1.29 beta, and the subsequent release of New Mexico some few weeks later.

Hopefully my computer is capable of running New Mexico. It could handle France and most of ATS just fine, but it had a bit of a hard time with Scandinavia (though not to a point that severely impacted gameplay.)
SabR

#536 Post by SabR » 19 Oct 2017 08:31

SiSL, thats a really nice view of the flyover. We should post such videos & other research worthy material on the next state in a dedicated thread to help SCS save some time.
SiSL
SCS Software

#537 Post by SiSL » 19 Oct 2017 08:39

@SabR you can check videos of that guy, he names videos with place names. He is Turkish truck driver, dring a Volvo VNL, originated in Canada, but shoots videos almost everywhere of the USA while giving tons of informations (ofcourse in Turkish but still helps ATS TR players understand)
GT182

#538 Post by GT182 » 19 Oct 2017 15:59

Flight50, SCS says this is a Simulation and as close to real as they can make it. Not true from what I see and have seen in real life. If it's only a game then it should have been stated it as such. But if it's a Simulation then make it as real as it can be made. That means putting the guys doing the work on this either on Google Earth to see it all as it really is or send them here to see it in person. Don't call ATS a Simulation if it's not a simulation.

I'll more than likely buy it but..... I'm not happy with it. And after all, this is a free country where I can express my displeasure as to what is not correct. I do have a CDL and drove those highways for a few years, and I do know what the lay of the land out there really looks like. ATS is not it and I'll continue to say so. There's much to be corrected in this Simulation, even tho it goes to deaf ears. Thanks to the guys in California, I'm not alone in my thoughts.
Gary - CB code name: CW
Formerly from Northern NY on the Ontario/Quebec borders.
I've hauled ass down the road to deliver new cars and trucks, fuel, freight, and produce. Now I'm addicted to ATS doing the same thing in a simulation. :roll:
SiSL
SCS Software

#539 Post by SiSL » 19 Oct 2017 16:05

Simulation does not mean digital replica of empty land masses or every effing house and building. It's truck driving simulation, remotely giving feeling or challange of the lands in question is suffice.
pigbrother

#540 Post by pigbrother » 19 Oct 2017 16:12

I think you don't understand the meaning of "simulation" and/or "simulator". Do you have a truck in your living room? I suppose not, hence you're playing a simulator.

This is a game, a simulator game. It has limits, the 1:20 scale being the most important one, and this is expectable. If you think "simulation" means "a perfect replica of a truck in a perfect replica of the world", I'm afraid this thing doesn't even exist.

However, you can ask Babcock or any other major professional simulator manufacturer for an invoice. Don't expect a 20 USD price tho, a 7 digits figure is more likely.
I have approximate knowledge of many things

Return to “General discussion about the game”