New Mexico Discussion Thread

bobgrey1997

Re: New Mexico Discussion Thread

#1051 Post by bobgrey1997 » 24 Nov 2020 04:50

MUO is Minor Urban Overhaul. It reworks the highways in California around LA, San Francisco, and San Diego to make the surrounding scenery feel more urbanized and dense, as well as adding more lanes so the urban highways are wider, providing a more realistic feel without changing the layout of the map.
flight50

#1052 Post by flight50 » 24 Nov 2020 04:51

The only bad thing I can think about in NM is that since it was the first paid dlc, SCS copied those horrible california hills mountain models in NM as well. Other than that, the landscaping and terrain holds up well. Texas will make it not so noticeable as Texas will blend in the new modeling assets easily. If we can get a couple of roads finished up like US-285 from Texas to Colorado (phase it) and US-60 connecting Show Low to Vaughn or at least to Socorro, then NM would be a little more rounded. Continued in East NM to Texas will pump more life back thru NM just like Colorado is pumping life into NM. Update the the oil industry for NM and maybe bring another new depot to Eastern NM like cattle whenever it comes could be all the touchup NM needs.
angrybirdseller

#1053 Post by angrybirdseller » 24 Nov 2020 06:31

Some parts of California-I like San Diego not too bad been worked on multiple times since release and CA-1 along the coast is not bad. I still enter California when mood strikes and scs will slowly improve California sectors on the map overtime. With New Mexico just mountains with old assets just swap them out with newer methods of creating them. Quemado to Gallup I sense future road coming with update as it desolate area and there nothing preventing with AZ-61 branching off town of Zuni in New Mexico and connecting to NM-602 and NM-36 to Quemado off US-60. Then US-180 Alpine AZ to Deming New Mexico nice nature drive. Then Relief route completed around Roswell for users do not like traffic lights. I notice they added new landmark asset in Roswell in one of the updates its like castle building by the walbert.
Onagerlinn

#1054 Post by Onagerlinn » 24 Nov 2020 06:34

I'd love to see SCS build up southwestern NM a bit. Let's get Silver City in there.

I still want to see that eastern NM north-south link. Now with Colorado in play, it'll make it much easier to get from Tucumcari/Clovis/Hobbs to Colorado with a direct route in place. It may come when Texas comes, but I think it's more crucial to Colorado than it is to Texas.

Other than that, I *love* New Mexico. It's fantastic and holds up well against the newest DLCs, and I get tons more driving there now with Colorado opened up.

@angrybirdseller I dunno, San Diego to me might be the worst big city in the game. It doesn't look or feel like San Diego to me at all.
angrybirdseller

#1055 Post by angrybirdseller » 24 Nov 2020 07:03

It's going tough to really improve San Diego without new assets and rescaling the map as the space not there. Also, Fragments in Arizona of US-180 could be push it far west as Holbrook as there beginning of it with prefab near railroad crossing on AZ-77 then another connection by the gas station with St. Johns added in 1.39 with the extension of US-191.
killingjoke28336

#1056 Post by killingjoke28336 » 24 Nov 2020 13:29

cowhand214 wrote: 24 Nov 2020 04:34 I think New Mexico really is pretty great and its nice with Colorado to see it getting some more love. While not quite as standout as the newer DLCs it still retains a "feel" to it as a unique place that the base map really lacks and that is impressive. There are also some really beautiful stretches I enjoy driving along. It's nice not to have to immediately head back east once I'm in the state but can head north as well!
You mean head back West. :)
supersobes
Global moderator

#1057 Post by supersobes » 24 Nov 2020 13:37

flight50 wrote: 24 Nov 2020 04:51 If we can get a couple of roads finished up like ... US-60 connecting Show Low to Vaughn or at least to Socorro, then NM would be a little more rounded.
US-60 from Show Low to Socorro has been in the game sine New Mexico released. I do agree with you that it would be cool to have the stretch of US-60 between I-25 and Vaughn though. I'm not sure if map scale will allow that though. The JCT I-25 & US-60 interchange might be too close to Albuquerque to add. Albuquerque in ATS stretches really far south because SCS added the airport and the rail yard off Rio Bravo Boulevard.
flight50

#1058 Post by flight50 » 24 Nov 2020 14:08

Thanks for that confirmation. I spoke without being in the game to verify, lol. I knew there was some road that didn't connect to Central NM. I don't know if mountain models are an issue that prevents connections but the Great Plains will make things a tad easier as it more flat.

That flatness is when I hope SCS swaps out focus on mountains to focus on increased road density.
supersobes
Global moderator

#1059 Post by supersobes » 24 Nov 2020 14:57

I think the biggest missing road in New Mexico is US-70 between US-380 and US-54. It has the same situation that US-24 in Colorado has where it forces the player to make an unrealistic route simply because the most practical route does not exist.
MrDrCold

#1060 Post by MrDrCold » 24 Nov 2020 20:36

I would like to see Sliver City and US-180 from US-191 to I-10 in Deming. their are some small things that can be improved but NM is still a great DLC they got my current state right. now if only we could get our famous green chile in game as loads like Idaho with their potatoes. Its cool to do runs on roads i know irl with Colorado since CO is my homestate. I lived in NM since 2017
I hope we get US-87 with Texas.

Return to “General discussion about the game”