new mexico dlc

Hell_Raiser

Re: new mexico dlc

#841 Post by Hell_Raiser » 11 Nov 2017 23:02

murdoch82 wrote:
11 Nov 2017 03:14
Well, America has never been sensible when it comes to anything... Trucks doing 75+ mph to me is idiotic. Its fine until something happens then that thing will crush 30 cars infront it if they happen to stand in its way. Guess its its like with guns... "Uh guns doenst kill anyone, people do..." "Speed doesnt kill anyone, suddenly become stationary do...." total madness.
Only time I have ever heard of trucks plowing through multiple cars in the US is when we have freak snow storms, where you go from 10+ miles of visibility to a couple feet of visibility in blizzard conditions in a matter of seconds. Even then they are normally hitting the 60 car pile up in front of them, and the cars around them are doing the same. In normal conditions I have only ever seen trucks hit cars in city traffic at speeds <20mph when someone cuts them off. Unlike in ats, traffic doesn't just stop on the interstate without ample warning for a truck doing 70-80 mph to stop in the US. Truckers here are usually the best drivers you are going to find on the roads, they follow a good ways behind the vehicle in front of them, and aren't as bad about cutting people off.

But yes, us Americans generally don't like unnecessary sacrifices for the illusion of safety, even if you never see a gun and drive at walking speeds everywhere, you could still die. I had a friend who was a trucker, he died trying to back a trailer into a loading dock, took 10 trailers with him. He was only doing 5 mph, but his foot kept the peddle down after he had a brain aneurysm, and the truck kept going.

murdoch82

#842 Post by murdoch82 » 12 Nov 2017 00:53

I could get behind trucks doing 100 km/h or 60 mph, trucks has gotten so much safer and better now I could see that be okey. Skill does not matter, its a matter of lessening the risks at a very low cost, not to mention enviormental aspects, tire wear, truck wear, fuel consumption.

A Volvo test driver said in a video that 84 km/h is the highest you should go in the cab overs here in Europe for best fuel economy. The sun visor starts having negative aerodynamic effects that affect economy by alot after that. This ofc is different for every truck. Even same model truck could be different depending on changes made to it.

ETS2 and ATS has teached me alot and made me more aware of the dangers on the road. I dont have a drivers license but I have changed my view on driving drastically, and guess reading about how many crazy and often totally unnecessary accidents that happens all the time has had a big impact too. Like when I got hit last year, just because some girl was more interested in her phone then watching the road ahead.
Hardware: i5 2500k @ 4.2 Ghz - 16 Gb, Kingston HyperX 1600 Mhz - Corsair 90 Gb SSD - Cruscial 480 Gb SSD - 1TB HDD - Sapphire R9 390 8 Gb Nitro OC - QPAD QH-85 Headset - Logitech G29 with H-Shifter - X55 Rhino HOTAS - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Frontiersman

#843 Post by Frontiersman » 12 Nov 2017 01:53

Cimarron Canyon sign in Roswell: perfect! :lol:

flight50

Re: New Mexico Review

#844 Post by flight50 » 12 Nov 2017 03:55

Aussie_Trucker wrote:
11 Nov 2017 05:57
I will admit that i have not been very complimentary to SCS Software about the time it has taken to get another state out for ATS, but after driving the previous 3 states and New Mexico these past 24 hours I have to say I am loving what i am seeing. New Mexico looks great (from someone in Australia) and I have since noticed little tweaks to the scenery in the first 3 states and the adding of little scenes such as a car accident with police and medics in attendance, car pull over by police, even saw a car broken down with its bonnet up. Great work SCS Software, can i just ask you don't make us wait as long for the next state/s and could we get some new makes of trucks. Once again great work SCS Software.
Some are okay with the current pace, many of us are not, but it is what it is. Just because some of us are not happy, doesn't negate the need to rant and throw tantrums like a lot of the rant threads and videos that have been going on. Although there is an unhappiness in regards to pace, we still understand what is going on with the game we love to play. There are issues that SCS has to face in which we understand. I have come to terms with the issues lately and have slowed those particular comments to a minimum. Although I will always stressed that the minimum SCS should be able to kick out is 2 states per year. That is 6 months per state. That in itself will still take 20+ years to complete the US. Not good but like I said, it is what it is and we will take what we can get. Basically a take it or leave it scenario. Ideally 3-4 is much more accepting by the community. I think 3-4 is a good permanent spot if SCS can get there. Any state or state bundles done less than 3 month could be cutting a few corners. But updates can come back in a add more if they just pushed out what they have. They will always be updating the maps anyways. So a little here and a little there. Just like the did in update 1.29 in which they added a few new roads. But alot has to go right for SCS to pick up the pace to more feasible meaures. Getting more staff is the only way to achieve that. In order to get more staff, two things need to happen. 1) the paid content they do get out the door needs to be supported (we need to buy it) and 2) people have to want to be employed there, preferable people that give a damn about the job they need to perform. You just can't stick anyone in there.

Rescale took 5-6 of those months since Arizona was released. There was a little hiccup with the external team that was helping out with NM. And the umpteen weeks of both closed beta and the open beta compatibility patch that needs to happen. So this all in turn delays public releases of new content. Now if the next state(s) takes this long, there is a problem at SCS for sure. But I expect the next state to be released 1-2 months quicker than NM was. Overall, they are getting very positive comments on NM. Those that are leaving hate comments are simply complaining about the price. $12 is nothing. So instead of purchasing it to find out why it's $12, they prefer to complain about it instead. They could have charged $15 and I would still have gotten it. NM, is one of the larger states, the next several adjacent states bordering what we have now, are a bit smaller. Price will not be $12 perhaps. I would expect S8.99-$10.99. Steam also has bundle discounts. For instance, if you bought all the current ATS dlc your price was like $8-9 bucks. Much cheaper than just NM by itself. See, people complain about $12 when they did not even care to look at what they could get it for. All because they are too busy complaining and missing out.
LOOKING TO BUY AN SKRS SHIFTER?
DO NOT BUY FROM CSIO TECHNOLOGIES

They'll take your payment immediately yet they show no signs of fulfilling orders,
I ordered mine July 6, 2017 and they WILL NOT communicate with me at all!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

flight50

#845 Post by flight50 » 12 Nov 2017 17:55

Voltaire1971 wrote:
11 Nov 2017 21:01
It is weekend and so we had a peak of 6.400 players today, 560 more than Thursday. :D

Source: SteamCharts
Not bad. Currently we are over 18% playing.

Is there a way to know how well NM is selling on Steam? With this being the first paid dlc, I really hope it sells well so SCS can keep it coming. I know when Italy drops, a butt load will pour in for that. Fortunately, the funds go to the same company. More will obviously purchase Italy due to the larger ETS2 crowd. I will get it myself to support but I will play it sparingly. As long as ETS2 does well with dlc, ATS can limb along for a couple more years until the map gets large enough to start bringing in more of a crowd as well. Two top notch games appealing to the masses will allow SCS to yet again increase staff which equals increased production. I wonder if their current office has space to double itself from what they have now staff wise. Double from 100 or so in the next several years would be awesome for all parties.
LOOKING TO BUY AN SKRS SHIFTER?
DO NOT BUY FROM CSIO TECHNOLOGIES

They'll take your payment immediately yet they show no signs of fulfilling orders,
I ordered mine July 6, 2017 and they WILL NOT communicate with me at all!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

CARL1992

#846 Post by CARL1992 » 12 Nov 2017 18:11

5th most popular new release on steam
Xbox 360 (CARL1992) ; Xbox One (CARL1992) ; PC (Windows 10)
Intel Core i5 6600K - Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming SLI - Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Ultra Gaming - 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3000
Samsung Evo 850 SSD (250GB) - Western Digital Blue WD10JPVX (1TB)

crow357

#847 Post by crow357 » 13 Nov 2017 01:02

@Carl1992. That's sweet to hear.

ShirBlackspots

#848 Post by ShirBlackspots » 13 Nov 2017 02:07

@Carl1992: How do you find that out?
ETS2 Map Combo: ProMods, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, Southern Region, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map, Italy Map
ATS Map Combo: Viva Mexico, Coast to Coast, Project West, CanaDream, RickPP's I-10 ATS

bagnome

#849 Post by bagnome » 13 Nov 2017 03:13

I was kind of half hoping they'ed add Capulin Volcano National Monument. I've been there when I was really young.

It's about a half hour drive outside Raton.

ShirBlackspots

#850 Post by ShirBlackspots » 13 Nov 2017 03:58

That's over near Clayton, NM. (Relatives on my mom's side used to own ranch land out there before the 1930's, that bordered the XIT ranch)

They'll have to add that and the city when they get to Texas because US87 goes from Amarillo to Clayton and Raton.
ETS2 Map Combo: ProMods, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, Southern Region, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map, Italy Map
ATS Map Combo: Viva Mexico, Coast to Coast, Project West, CanaDream, RickPP's I-10 ATS

Return to “General discussion about game”