new mexico dlc

TurboTrucker7

Re: new mexico dlc

#871 Post by TurboTrucker7 » 13 Nov 2017 22:21

@ flight50

Thanks for the welcome! I agree with you, U.S. 180 and U.S. 550 would be the first two improvements to be made to New Mexico map. After those two, i will go with U.S. 285 from Vaughn to Santa Fe. It remainds me somehow the situation we have with Yuma in Arizona, where the addition of the part of U.S. 95 till the city of Quartzsite would offer an easy way to reach I-10, yes you already have two alternatives, but the direct path is definitely better.

I must say that New Mexico dlc, probably for the way SCS realized it, left me some sort of "Texas feeling". Even though for me i would be more logical to complete the western side of the USA first (or at least a large part of it), i have to admit that having Texas in the near future is still an interesting perspective.

flight50

#872 Post by flight50 » 14 Nov 2017 05:24

Your welcome. I know one of our Senior Beta Testers (Moh) had a good point about why he thinks NM came after the rescale: Texas. Texas is huge and would more than likely bring a lot more people into ATS. It is also the state that could cost the most and more people may be willing to pay it's price tag. Texas is easily worth the price of the base game because of all that it can offer. It has desert to the West, Central plain geography in down the tornado aisle and greenery to the East. Not to mention the massive road system/highways. To get Texas and have it connect to the existing map, it needed New Mexico. Although I am Texan, I still prefer Utah followed by Colorado. Then if they want to do Texas, I would be fine before moving to Oregon and Washington. But we need Arizona and New Mexico opened up on the North side. Everything is such speculation with SCS. I think they love keeping us guessing. It drives some of us nuts though, lol.
LOOKING TO BUY AN SKRS SHIFTER?
DO NOT BUY FROM CSIO TECHNOLOGIES

They'll take your payment immediately yet they show no signs of fulfilling orders,
I ordered mine July 6, 2017 and they WILL NOT communicate with me at all!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

TurboTrucker7

#873 Post by TurboTrucker7 » 14 Nov 2017 09:24

rain94 wrote:
13 Nov 2017 21:06
TurboTrucker, I could be wrong but I don't believe trucks could access US 550. Looking at some pictures, there are some tunnels that are so low there is no way a semi+trailer could clear it. Also, not to mention some of the tight curves. Seems extremely dangerous to drive a truck on that road.
You can surely be right about U.S. 550, honestly i don't know. I mainly use Google Maps to compare the game map with the real map, i saw that 550 it's a 4-lanes highway and various images with trucks going into there, so i supposed it was fine, but i did not think about possible restrictions for trucks.

Ps: since you mentioned tunnels and tight corners, you were perhaps referring to the U.S. 550 in Colorado?

JediCowboy

#874 Post by JediCowboy » 14 Nov 2017 13:24

@TurboTrucker7 Well there some roads that you mention on the map editor background, the gray roads might be coming later.
https://i.imgur.com/GrOpN5i.jpg
Desktop: DELL Desktop Computer Inspiron 3656|Windows 10 Home 64-Bit|A10-Series APU A10-8700P CPU @1.80 GHz|AMD Radeon R9 360 2 GB|8 GB DDR3L|2 TB HDD
Laptop: HP15|OS:Windows 10 Home 64-Bit|AMD A8-6410 APU CPU @2.00 GHz|AMD Radeon R5 4GB|DDR3 512MB

Moh1336
Beta tester

#875 Post by Moh1336 » 14 Nov 2017 13:27

Of those the only one I could see as a possibility is the Farmington to Albuq. one. The rest don't seem necessary to me. I wouldn't say no to adding Clifton though.
My Blog/Mod page: http://ijsmods.wordpress.com
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.

flight50

#876 Post by flight50 » 14 Nov 2017 14:02

@JediCowboy. Is that a map you just made up or was that buried in the game files?

They'll take your payment immediately yet they show no signs of fulfilling orders,
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

EricWilson2012

#877 Post by EricWilson2012 » 14 Nov 2017 14:03

Moh1336 wrote:
14 Nov 2017 13:27
Of those the only one I could see as a possibility is the Farmington to Albuq. one. The rest don't seem necessary to me. I wouldn't say no to adding Clifton though.
The 258 going West abruptly ends halfway. I would love to see it being completed going towards Socorro, but you're right in terms of a connection between Farmington and Alburqurque.

@flight50 That map is found in the game's files

flight50

#878 Post by flight50 » 14 Nov 2017 15:58

Thanks Eric. Interesting. Perhaps I should start extracting them just to be nosy, lol. So I assume the gray roads where thought about at one point but didn't make the cut or just planned for the future. I think both roads near San Simon to Show and Phoenix need to happen. Like I said before, once Texas comes, they only make sense. The left grey road from Farmington to I-40 can be omitted. But the grey road on the right (550) needs to be there for sure. Granted that clearances checks out.

So since that map is from the game files, should we start the rumor that Utah and Colorado are next. Looks like the Intertates are connecting up with the existing map. I see nothing done heading into Oregon. Or are there other game file maps that indicate roads to Oregon. Since a lot of people are assuming Oregon based on the Sprindale and Eugene sign from the blog the other day from here , I can assume from this image from the game files that Oregon is not next. Would that be wrongful thinking? Hmmmmm. Once we see that Squirrel interview at SCS from last week, we shall know.
Last edited by flight50 on 14 Nov 2017 16:15, edited 2 times in total.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Gazer75

#879 Post by Gazer75 » 14 Nov 2017 16:06

TurboTrucker7 wrote:
13 Nov 2017 18:41
4. a connection from Gallup to U.S. 60. In reality, if the U.S. 191 in Arizona will be completed, this road may not be needed;
5. the U.S 180 from the city of Deming (in NM, near the I-10) which connects to U.S. 191 in the city of Alpine (AZ). Obviously this requires that at least a new part of the U.S. 191 in Arizona will be created, but i feel it is an interesting road to add and it will help fill the large empty area in the map between Show Low, San Simon, Las Cruces and Socorro.
I already made a post about this in the wish/suggestions forum:
viewtopic.php?f=185&t=247406

EricWilson2012

#880 Post by EricWilson2012 » 14 Nov 2017 16:31

flight50 wrote:
14 Nov 2017 15:58
Thanks Eric. Interesting. Perhaps I should start extracting them just to be nosy, lol. So I assume the gray roads where thought about at one point but didn't make the cut or just planned for the future. I think both roads near San Simon to Show and Phoenix need to happen. Like I said before, once Texas comes, they only make sense. The left grey road from Farmington to I-40 can be omitted. But the grey road on the right (550) needs to be there for sure. Granted that clearances checks out.

So since that map is from the game files, should we start the rumor that Utah and Colorado are next. Looks like the Intertates are connecting up with the existing map. I see nothing done heading into Oregon. Or are there other game file maps that indicate roads to Oregon. Since a lot of people are assuming Oregon based on the Sprindale and Eugene sign from the blog the other day from here , I can assume from this image from the game files that Oregon is not next. Would that be wrongful thinking? Hmmmmm. Once we see that Squirrel interview at SCS from last week, we shall know.
If you look at the image, on the top left there are light-yellow roads going into Oregon; this means that they are currently in development, and that Oregon will be the next DLC.

The purple interstates are those which SCS has begun their research on. Therefore, Utah and Colorado will most likely be after Oregon.

Return to “General discussion about game”