2015 I P

xXCARL1992Xx

Re: 2015 I P

#41 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 25 Jul 2017 21:01

flight50 wrote: 25 Jul 2017 20:46
TwinShadow wrote: 25 Jul 2017 03:37 Getting something from Daimler does not automatically get a license for both Freightliner and Western Star, nor would it apply for Volvo and Mack. Each truck is a single license only, each model requires a separate license negotiation deal to obtain and use legally in the game.

Anyway, I'm sure there are Volvo dealers in the southwestern states. But Volvo are twiddling their fingers about the whole thing that it makes no sense for them to wait this long, but that is the life we live in, and there's nothing we can do about it but simply deal with it.
It was figure of speech if SCS can get thru to the parent company. If the parent company has more than one line, negotiations can be much simpler if you break thru for a license to showcase their product. As of now all we got is a couple models from Kenworth and Peterbilt even though they have many more models. As far as I know, truck licenses should be like Class C. When EA had Porsche, EA had the ability to create what ever Porsche allowed to be in games. I am not aware that EA had to get a license for every model. Take Grand tursimo for another example. I doubt Sony paid for licenses for over 1000 cars. Trucks could be different but I honestly see Trucks being the same as class C. Kenworth and Peterbilt didn't open up their roster and only allowed a couple models to be release for a reason. ATS does not show damage like racing sims do. Otherwise, I would assume truck companies would have been all over the extra advertisement that SCS brings. I think we all would really like to know what's holding up the process. Lawyers, money, etc.....Publicly we won't know.
Car Licenses are another matter

they get them in bundels, i assume that, they negotiate wich cars they want and then they get to the money for the license

EA didnt need a licence, strictly speaking, because they had the exclusive rights for Porsche. You wanted Porsche ingame ? go ask EA, Porsche has little to no say in it, but no Porsche is free again (thank god for it)

the matter of Grand Turismo, they dont even have 1000+, cars many cars are the same model with different livery and a permission for a livery is easier to get then for the car
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
Blackspots

#42 Post by Blackspots » 26 Jul 2017 04:35

Basically, it can come down to this: The reason why licensing in the US is so difficult, is because the IP lawyers are greedy and the companies are very paranoid.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
flight50

#43 Post by flight50 » 26 Jul 2017 23:54

@carl1992. Do you have references for this or are you speculating just as I was. I would love to read up on how license work with all classes. EA didn't need a license because they already had it. That's basically the same thing as...they needed a license initially. I am aware that GT actually didn't have 1000 cars. I have been with them since the first one on PS one so I know how they lie. I know they duplicate cars out the wazzu which is what pissed everyone off with the port to get to 1000. I used 1000 because that is what they used to advertise and plus is sounds much more intense to use 1000, lol.

I agree on the lawyers. They are the middle men are getting paid for it. IMO, they can be eliminated from the equation. Heck, just sign a notary and call it a day, lol. Release the trucks licenses already. I just may want to save up to buy one because of this game. Not really but someone my look at it like that:). Even if they sold just one thru ATS, that is one truck sold due to advisement thru a video game.
bobgrey1997

#44 Post by bobgrey1997 » 27 Jul 2017 05:43

Free advertisement too. No, wait, paying advertisement! If, say, Iveco, who if I remember right, refused the license for a while, which gave us the fake "Ivedo" or "Ivego" or something like that n game, right?
Well, they FINALLY have gave us their trucks in game and I assume SCS has to pay for it, as well as pay a percentage of profit on ALL content that makes use of those trucks... So, not only is Iveco making money, but they are also getting FREE advertisement.
But in America?
I hate to say it, but we are probably the greediest (that is a word, right?) you can meet!

All I can say, SCS, is good luck. And like I said before, not sure if it was on this thread or another similar thread, you could probably get away with adding these trucks under a fake brand, like you did with Iveco in ETS. I know this is trying to be prevented, but that decision was made back before Scandinavia I think, so this licensing issue was probably not foreseen. At this point, just to give people new toys, it is probably the best idea... And if someone don't like them, either they can just not buy them in game, or you could release them as a DOC (free or not) and those that don't like them can simply not install it! Everyone's happy ( except the truck companies, but they can get their greedy selves over it! And those who wanted free trucks if you charge for it, but that's just life. Things don't free, not even Arizona. It cost part of the base game price!).
Last edited by bobgrey1997 on 29 Jul 2017 08:37, edited 1 time in total.
TomDooley

#45 Post by TomDooley » 27 Jul 2017 06:31

About the Paccar lineup, I'm not sure if including the complete line was ever intended by SCS. ETS2 and ATS are centered around long-distance hauling, so - for example with Kenworth - at the time of release of ATS, the T660 was already scheduled to be phased out, and the "rough brother" T880 is used mainly in a vocational role. Still, there are the T800 (fits about the same role as the 880) and its smaller cousin T440. Yes, you also get the occasional T880 and T800 sleeper tractor, but I believe most of them are mostly used in a rather short-range/local setup (e.g. dump trucks or distribution of trailers). In all my vacations in the US, I've seen plenty of 680s (and 660s) on the interstates, but very few 880s. The W900 is a different matter, they consider it "iconic" and a "classic". It's about the same for Peterbilt and the 579/567 and 389 series.
In ETS2, there's no real difference either. Most European manufacturers have a "top of the line" long-distance model (MB Actros, MAN TGX, DAF XF, Volvo FH etc), but the smaller and almost as-capable lines (MB Antos, MAN TGS, DAF CF, Volvo FM) were ignored by SCS, even when we still had dummy brands. Only exception was Renault, who had both the Magnum and the smaller "Premium".

So maybe SCS should re-consider trying to get additional Paccar licenses for the "missing models" for the time being, since I don't see new brands anytime soon, especially since the "heavy" DLC.

Tom
Rayman1230

#46 Post by Rayman1230 » 29 Jul 2017 00:35

Umm heres food for thought.

We all know about that infamous blog post where SCS said they're trying to get more trucks into game, but its been more of a struggle than they thought it would be.

Take the trucks they showed resembling the Cascadia and the VNL. Today, those trucks BOTH have been redesigned for 2018.

So could it actually be more of the fact that the truck companies said "Well those models are going away here soon so hold off for now." And SCS cannot actually come right out and say that is the reason why those trucks aren't in game because now they're spilling the news to the competitors before the companies are ready for it to be seen.
Frontiersman

#47 Post by Frontiersman » 29 Jul 2017 01:03

That's almost exactly what I think about it, Rayman.
bobgrey1997

#48 Post by bobgrey1997 » 29 Jul 2017 08:42

Only time will tell... I suppose...

Return to “General discussion about the game”