Can we have the traffic light bar extended?

lazor

Can we have the traffic light bar extended?

#1 Post by lazor » 22 Jul 2017 16:36

I can't get a screenshot of one because they all go over the attachment limit, but the ones I'm referring to are those in the major cities on the four lane roads with the left turn lanes. The traffic light bar has one for the right turn lane, one for the middle two lanes and the left turn lane signal is hanging over the second lane right next to the left hand lane. It's confusing because sometimes I don't realize when I'm in the left lane, I mistake the left turn lane signal for the lane I'm in and it's red while I have a green light. Can it just be extended to have four lights, one for each lane or at least extended so the left turn signal is in front of the left turn lane?
Blackspots

Re: Can we have the traffic light bar extended?

#2 Post by Blackspots » 22 Jul 2017 17:24

@lazor: Use imgur to post pictures on here using the medium or large sized thumbnail. Aside from that you can't upload attachments directly on the forums.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
saur44l

#3 Post by saur44l » 22 Jul 2017 19:00

The only place that comes to my mind is Las Vegas,but there is nothing confusing there.
lazor

#4 Post by lazor » 23 Jul 2017 03:43

I forgot I have imgur. Anyway, here's the light I was talking about. Why not just have it extend all the way across?
Last edited by Axel Slingerland on 25 Jul 2017 21:39, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Oversized image removed. Please read the Forum Rules regarding maximum image dimensions. Thank you.
Tiger313

#5 Post by Tiger313 » 23 Jul 2017 07:31

Or make both lights for through traffic and add a left-turn light in the median. I've seen many signals hang on wires over the road as well, but that was in Maine and in Mississippi, so I'm not sure if that is something you would see in the states we have in-game at the moment.
bobgrey1997

#6 Post by bobgrey1997 » 23 Jul 2017 08:20

Here in Arkansas, each lane has its OWN LIGHT!
[ external image ]
This is University Avenue and Asher Avenue in Little Rock, Arkansas

Sometimes more than one light per lane, like at the Broadway Bridge's north end in North Little Rock:
[ external image ]
Do I see shadows of SIX LIGHTS on that northern pole? But only 3 lanes enter into the intersection from the south? And one of those lanes don't even traffic!

Not sure if this is how California, Arizona, and Nevada intersection, but by the time SCS gets to Arkansas, not sure about the rest of you, but I better be seeing a light above each lane that enters the intersection! Lanes that "slip" by to the right do not have lights, unless you're in Conway:
[ external image ]

But who cares about those lights?
[ external image ]
..ohh... Conway... Why do I even bother anymore?
xXCARL1992Xx

#7 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 23 Jul 2017 08:29

there are only 4 lights the 2 on the right are for the left part of the crossing, you can see it in the fist picture

and in ATS, the lights i saw all had an arrow in it so there cant be any confusion which light is for wich lane
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
bobgrey1997

#8 Post by bobgrey1997 » 23 Jul 2017 09:12

The first picture is on the other side of the county than the second!

And, yes, I know the lights in ATS have arrows (so do these in Arkansas) but I still think that each lane should have a light...
The normal cross prefabs where there are the 2-1-2 roads have the right amount of lights, but in an odd way... The light on the left is above the middle lane, but is for the left lane, the light on the right is for the middle lane, but is above the right lane, and there is a light on the side of the pole for the right lane, but is at the crosswalk...

For safety, all lanes should have lights ABOVE that lane and DIRECTLY ahead... A side light can be added as well. (for "extra safety...?")
xXCARL1992Xx

#9 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 23 Jul 2017 09:20

from where is the second picture

for me it seams like they have remodeled the whole junction

https://www.google.de/maps/@34.7562556, ... 312!8i6656
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
bobgrey1997

#10 Post by bobgrey1997 » 23 Jul 2017 09:33

That link is at Broadway Bridge and Broadway Street in North Little Rock, Arkansas. It has, indeed been remodeled. Very recently...
Here is a Streetview as if approaching from the north side:
https://www.google.de/maps/@34.7565593, ... 312!8i6656
Notice the entire road is gone? More on that in a bit...
The first image is at University Avenue and Asher Avenue in Little Rock, Arkansas.
I know it can get confusing... On a map, there is Little Rock. Going south on AR167, you have Landmark and East End (EAST End is SOUTH? YEP!)
Going south-west on Interstate 30, you have Alexander, Bryant, Benton, and Malvern.
Going north on AR167, you have North Little Rock, Sherwood, Jacksonville, Cabot.
Going north on Interstate 40, you have Chrystal Hill, Maumell, Morgan, Mayflower, Conway, Menifee, Plummerville, and Morilton...

All one giant metropolitan area!
About the remodel... Somehow, Arkansas got some money and wanted to not have that money, so they decided they are going to do a complete rebuild of the entire River Market districts, including parks, paths, roads, bridges, utilities... The local power company, Entergy, actually is buying the bridges for the city and having them build... With some cool night lighting too:
[ external image ]
Anyway, they decided to tear out several stretches of freeway and completely rebuild them, including Interstate 430, which is finally finished... On Satellite View of the Broadway Bridge, it is the rebuilt bridge, but in Streetview is the old bridge that was on the verge of collapse...

Sorry for my bit of off topic... I got carried away!

Return to “General discussion about the game”