Random Content From New Mexico?

TomDooley

Re: Random Content From New Mexico?

#31 Post by TomDooley » 11 Aug 2017 03:31

pigbrother wrote: 10 Aug 2017 07:00 Cali and Nevada are good enough, let's get real, it's not like they are old junks like Germany or UK. A refresh, maybe after the western half of the US will be done. Maybe.
Ever been there in real life? Obviously not.
ATS Calivada is a relict of the old small-scale map, just with more space inbetween. Cities weren't (hardly) touched, but now that there's more space, I'd consider it a much-appreciated project. Especially the L.A. basin and O.C. area is dreadfully inadequate. Along I-5 and I-10, there should be about 50 miles od URBAN development, not rural.

Indeed, ETS2 "core" map never ever was even decent, but an eyesore right from the start. But there's an own mapping team for ETS, unrelated to the ATS crew, as Max said.
angrybirdseller

#32 Post by angrybirdseller » 11 Aug 2017 03:40

pigbrother wrote: 10 Aug 2017 07:00 Cali and Nevada are good enough, let's get real, it's not like they are old junks like Germany or UK. A refresh, maybe after the western half of the US will be done. Maybe.
Exactly, time to move forward on other parts of the map. ATS base states are good at this point, and can come back and redo it years later if needed. Time to finish up New Mexico and move to next state. People forget were working at 1:20th scale cant fit everything people demand.
pigbrother

#33 Post by pigbrother » 11 Aug 2017 04:06

TomDooley wrote: 11 Aug 2017 03:31
Ever been there in real life? Obviously not.
Never been there, but I know how to read a forum and a map. I know Bay Area is bad (but on a 1:20 scale is hard to fit relevant content in that small area), I know LA - San Bernardino - Long Beach area could look better, I know Tonopah is done wrong, I know US-395 looks bad and SR-108 is wrongly placed and so on. But it's a better idea to move on with new states than lingering around rebuilding the same map over and over again until you gone bankrupt because rebuilding means no money income.

And no 1:20 3D map could be real good anyway.
I have approximate knowledge of many things
TruckSim_dude

#34 Post by TruckSim_dude » 11 Aug 2017 06:21

As a Californian, I can confirm how inaccurate Cali is (especially in Greater L.A. and the Bay Area) in-game. But like I said, Project West (and hopefully soon, ProMods) are enough to satisfy me while SCS works on new states.
murdoch82

#35 Post by murdoch82 » 11 Aug 2017 10:52

1:20 scale is always gonna be a compromise, get over it god damn it... will always be people unhappy that something is missing.
PC: AMD Ryzen R9 5900X, 32 Gb 3200 Mhz,MSI X570S Tomahawk WifI MAX, 6750XT 12Gb, 2x LG 27GL650B-F 144 Hz 1 x ASUS 24" 60 hz 3x1080p, G29 + H-Shifter, TrackIR5
rookie31st

#36 Post by rookie31st » 11 Aug 2017 17:24

It is not so much about compromise as about original city and road layout done by SCS years ago basically disregarding proper US interstate system and taking excessive liberties. Arizona has been great improvement, and re-scale fixed many things, but most cities in CA and NV have not been updated. I expect NM and other states to be much better
Have a mature suggestion to improve American Truck Simulator? Fahgettaboudit!
flight50

#37 Post by flight50 » 13 Aug 2017 13:35

We all have to realize that ATS was basically trail and error. SCS is not native to the U.S. so they won't get everything right the first go around. Depicting real life accuracy, in this case maps, is a tough cookie to bite as it is. Cali was the first to be made. Based on more recent states and dlc to follow, Cali will always lack and be behind. People would say the same about any other state that SCS may have started with first. Imagine if they gave us the entire U.S. map at once. At least they have fewer states to update down the road. With each new dlc, everyone has to realize that the dlc will get better as SCS gets better with how they present things. This is called progression. I am sure they will go back and update when they can. As mentioned before, updating is free for us. They need funds to keep the game going. Only way to achieve this, is to push forward with new dlc states. The funds will be there from the sales they generate. I am sure once they get so far, they will have a small team that doubles back for updating areas of the map. Having a small management map team is what I would do and have the rest push forward.
CA_Trucks

#38 Post by CA_Trucks » 09 Sep 2017 02:24

With the new closed beta announcement and the screenshots, I'm going to go ahead and resurrect this thread.

It looks like we have quite a few shiny new prefabs, buildings, roads, traffic lights, and even trains from NM.
bobgrey1997

#39 Post by bobgrey1997 » 09 Sep 2017 03:14

I seen some of those and I can't wait! The picture with the 4-way crossing with a train track in the middle, you notice it has road name signs on the stop light poles? The little details! I LOVE THEM!
Frontiersman

#40 Post by Frontiersman » 09 Sep 2017 05:00

Did you also see the display caboose in that photo?

Return to “General discussion about the game”