SCS, proper manual gearboxes please...

murdoch82

Re: SCS, proper manual gearboxes please...

#11 Post by murdoch82 » 09 Aug 2017 15:54

They make these trucks, update interiors, make new trucks, and constantly ignores this very big part of it. Animated gearlever I fully get why they wont do, I know Assetto Corsa do it in their cars but it just seem to move between two spots or something, not realistic at all. But when you can see there is no cluch and no lever all the time, it bugs me more and more all the time. Just as knowing the inner ceiling not being the correct height in some trucks...

I think the reason I get hung up on is they did all this work, and made these beautiful trucks and then leave out one of the biggest part of driving anything really, cars or trucks, I dont have a drivers license or a car even tho I'm in mid 30's but even I know driving a manual feels great and is really fun, even more so in a truck with 13 or 18 gears. And they even have the non-syncro option or cvar but not in the menus, also annoying me.

And I rarely try to push SCS for change or do anything because I truely believe they are already trying to do their aboslut best and want to give us everything but yeah, this grinds my gears lol

EU trucks are syncro's so they are easy to shift in, but also less fun, its the American trucks that I feel it is the most important in. Even if auto's even in American trucks are traking over more every year, its about 50/50, none believed that would be the case in the USA for a long time. Pretty sure Volvo has a big part in that, drivers who get to experience the iShift has their eyes opened and see that they really work. I'm sure the iShift had its problems when it first came out but its been out now over 10 years I think and today I'm pretty sure its super smart and works well! :) I cant speak from personal experience ofc but from what I see and read, wich I do alot thats the feeling I get.

I dont have much of a life guys... so I dig in to these topics quite alot, and also I dont want to say stuff and then be all wrong, that would totally wreck my brainbox ;P
PC: AMD Ryzen R9 5900X, 32 Gb 3200 Mhz,MSI X570S Tomahawk WifI MAX, 6750XT 12Gb, 2x LG 27GL650B-F 144 Hz 1 x ASUS 24" 60 hz 3x1080p, G29 + H-Shifter, TrackIR5
xXCARL1992Xx

#12 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 09 Aug 2017 15:59

why animated and put a leaver into the cab you wont see most of the time because you at the street

even games like Forza dont animate them even the shifter pedal you SEE behind the wheel are static

so why waste resources for something you dont see 99% of the time when you can do something els with it that NEEDs to be done

and the FPS drops wich more detail in the cabin i dont want to start how it will be for users with not so great PCs
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
murdoch82

#13 Post by murdoch82 » 09 Aug 2017 16:12

I dont care for animation, I just want it in the cab. I get that the animation part would be tricky and mostly wasted.
But this is like saying, why have a wheel and an interior in the game, why not just a speedo and gear indicator, RPM's, all you need anyway, and better for lower end hardware, where does this end?

For a bunch of simulator players you sure are very boring...... one would think you'd be in to this and like to see this instead of fighting it.

Its not like I'm asking for being able to go in to every gas station and buy my hotdogs and eat them and what not like some guy was asking for, just one more pedal and a freakin stick on the floor.... when you pick a manual gearbox.
EPSECIALLY in US trucks where its big a huge deal for so long and they always made such a fuzz about it, automatics sure did not belong in a semi truck.. blah blah blah... and now when I bring this up you all seem to be against this...
Pfft...

Go back to mario kart >_>

I'm done. Have a nice day....

If your PC cant handle another pedal and a stick, time to sort that thing out btw....
PC: AMD Ryzen R9 5900X, 32 Gb 3200 Mhz,MSI X570S Tomahawk WifI MAX, 6750XT 12Gb, 2x LG 27GL650B-F 144 Hz 1 x ASUS 24" 60 hz 3x1080p, G29 + H-Shifter, TrackIR5
Frontiersman

#14 Post by Frontiersman » 09 Aug 2017 16:57

AH I didn't realize you meant just a stick and clutch with no animation. Sorry!
airbus_sai

#15 Post by airbus_sai » 09 Aug 2017 17:26

Now, thinking about it, there is a pretty useless [to me] interior accessory locator between the seats in EU trucks; and interior accessories are possible, but not implemented in US trucks. It should be possible to make a gear stick an interior accessory. I'm not making it, I'm just throwing ideas around. But there is a problem with at least Iveco Highway, which has D-N-R buttons on a dashboard, clearly indicating an automated gearbox.

You may be wondering, did I mix up ETS2 and ATS forum, and yes, I did. :D
"Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of squirrels."
- J. Robert Oppenheimer, when asked about Trinity tests, as heard in Lost Years song.
Blackspots

#16 Post by Blackspots » 09 Aug 2017 18:54

Some mods do have animated gear shifts. In any Volvo mod truck, the gear shifter on the right side of the seat is animated only when the transmission is in automatic mode. Of course, it only has to move between R-N-D, and the accelerator pedal in both Ohaha's Volvo FH16 and Aradeth's VNL670 move. Difference between these is that the pedal in Ohaha's truck moves based on accelerator input, and Aradeth's moves downward a certain amount depending on speed of truck.
Author: C2C Eastern New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas improvments
ETS2 Map Combo: PM, Scandinavian Addon, RusMap, SR, The Great Steppe, PJ Indo Map
ATS Map Combo: Coast to Coast, CanaDream, Tonopah Reworked, US Expansion, Viva Mexico
murdoch82

#17 Post by murdoch82 » 09 Aug 2017 22:24

And the trucks often already have the little thing to shift the auto box there already, so something is removed while something new is added, so all the talk about FPS hit is just not true, the effective polly count would probably be about the same or a minimal increase.

I'm not asking for anything crazy and it should been there from the start, I dont know exactly but I bet an experienced modder could throw one in a truck in an evening. I really wish I had the will and energy to learn this shit so I could just fix it my self but I dont even if I want to deep down... Lets just say I have bigger problems... xD

I know the DAF has that little knob on the dash that moves when you shift gears. And buttons on the Ivecos too I believe is pushed when you put it in to Drive or Reverse or what ever.

I really need to work on my posts, not make massive rants so people get all confused or dont bother reading all of it. :( I hate reading massive rants my self unless they are super well put together so... hmm
xXCARL1992Xx

#18 Post by xXCARL1992Xx » 09 Aug 2017 22:56

you compare a whole shifting unit with a small little rotary knob on the leaver for the retarder that is already there ?

i know only of 1 mod that had the option to switch between auto and manual shifter, i think it was an MAN mod or Volvo, dont know for sure but the modder added a custom point where you could change the shifter style to manual
| !!!NO SUPPORT OR REQUESTS OF ANY SORT VIA PM!!! | Screenshot Thread | Steam Workshop | World of Trucks Profil |
[ external image ]
murdoch82

#19 Post by murdoch82 » 10 Aug 2017 12:06

I did not try to compare anything, I just said thats what is there, and SCS animated that stuff at one point.

Return to “General discussion about the game”