POLL: service points in garages

Which garages should have truck service points?

None of 'em, drive to the truck service shop/dealer
9%
In large (upgraded) garages only.
66%
In large and small garages, but not the tiny starter garage.
14%
In all garages.
12%

Total votes: 94

KirbyAWD

Re: POLL: service points in garages

#21 Post by KirbyAWD » 19 Aug 2017 14:34

I love the comments posted above, but just voted for large garages only, as it seems the easiest for SCS to implement. That way, I can have service and fuel at my large HQ garage in Tucson, and leave the other garages I own without.
Cadde

#22 Post by Cadde » 19 Aug 2017 18:39

I wanna see "my summer car" levels of service... But on a more realistic note, large garages with full service options doesn't sound too bad to me. It's somewhat realistic. Perhaps one should have to hire a mechanic for each garage the same way you hire a driver for each truck? Benefit of mechanics is they are cheaper when doing regular maintenance work.
On extended hiatus.
Frontiersman

#23 Post by Frontiersman » 19 Aug 2017 18:44

Me too Cadde! Hiring a mechanic seems easy enough to implement. The recruitment centers are there. And a mechanic in every garage your drivers work from could be implemented to mean less maintenance cost and less down time. I love the idea!
Jackrabbit_v6

#24 Post by Jackrabbit_v6 » 25 Oct 2017 14:49

please add repairs to large truckstops then as well :)
Immense7771

#25 Post by Immense7771 » 26 Oct 2017 00:16

I voted for Larger upgraded garages, but adding things like bug shields and stuff would be fine at any garage. I literally never visit my garages except when using them as a point of fast travel on the few occasions that I actually use that feature so having more incentive to visit would be welcomed.
angrybirdseller

#26 Post by angrybirdseller » 26 Oct 2017 05:27

Like to be similar mechanic simulator 2018 or summer car to fix your own truck stuck on the road or do work in garage waiting for battery part or go replace bad spark plug. Bolt is sized little flame heat to loser it up and hit it with breaker bar attached to socket. Like customize my garage but tools or parts to fix my truck.
KINGPINN

#27 Post by KINGPINN » 26 Oct 2017 11:16

I aggree with having a service point in the garage. If I owned a trucking company, I would have my own service department to repair and upgrade my fleet, maybe even have a service centre attached for other companies to pay for the services on their vehicles.

I would suggest that these are upgradable options, which could combine Cadde's idea, so that when you upgrade, you hire a specalist mechanic to carry out the repairs or an extension to the building or both. An example of how this could work could be; tier one upgrade will allow a simple service, teir 2 could include adding customised parts, tier 3 for cabin changes - and so on. This would give us something else to spend our money on as well as other goals to achieve.
flight50

#28 Post by flight50 » 26 Oct 2017 15:09

Immense7771 wrote: 26 Oct 2017 00:16 I voted for Larger upgraded garages, but adding things like bug shields and stuff would be fine at any garage. I literally never visit my garages except when using them as a point of fast travel on the few occasions that I actually use that feature so having more incentive to visit would be welcomed.
I agree. Fast travel for me for sure. I sleep there on occasions but the only incentive for me is free gas. Yes it adds two more trucks and the garage lot is much nicer, but we need more of a reason to go there. Simple things like paint schemes, tires and other minor upgrades should be available. Major repair can still be done at the service center. Otherwise, they will be come obsolete.
TexasWhirlwind

#29 Post by TexasWhirlwind » 26 Oct 2017 15:11

I to would like to see the garages and truck stops with this added on. Why buy a garage unless you are going to hire drivers. Other then hiring drivers a garage is useless. Like the truck wash.
-.- -.-. ..... -- ...- ...-

Return to “General discussion about the game”