NEW LIST OF STATES?

What Next 5 States will be added in the order? (after New Mexico)

1. Utah, Colorado, Texas, Kansas, Oklahoma
37%
2. Oregon, Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, Washington
63%

Total votes: 105

flight50

Re: NEW LIST OF STATES?

#61 Post by flight50 » 10 Oct 2017 16:29

LoL. Yeah, I think a min. of 8 months is what we are looking at before we see most states go into closed beta for the next couple of years. If a 3rd ATS team comes on board at SCS then things will speed up even more. With the external team letting SCS down for NM, that delayed its release. From the time NM was announced up to when it went into closed beta, that was 8 months ago. NM is 121,697 sq miles so if that means anything moving forward, we can look at the sq miles SCS has to cover for each new state. Factoring in that delay for NM, and any other hick-ups moving forward, I'd have to still say 8 months minimum for dlc release into closed beta. Obviously sooner is better and as they get better, things will flow better. So perhaps in 16-18 months will can get the next state after NM and it's following state. Technically one team can handle this load for 16-18 month. If SCS did do NM just to get to Texas, it just may take the other team 16-18 months for Texas alone. At that point, by end of 2019, we could be looking at having 3 additional states after NM. That would be awesome. But I still have to think Utah and Colorado or Utah and Oregon makes the most sense to be next. Either way, Utah should be in the equation.

Moh, were is that reference from Pavel. I'd like to read/view it just to be nosy, lol. Is it part of the video series that Squirrel did when he visited SCS. I just learned about that series like yesterday and I was starting to view Part I before I left work for the day.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

Re: NEW LIST OF STATES?

#62 Post by Mohegan13 » 10 Oct 2017 18:02

It's in the Squirrel Twitch interview from just before ATS launch.
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.

Return to “General discussion about the game”