Oklahoma 2021
5%
Montana 2021
35%

Total votes: 1495

rip_c_bennington

Re: Poll: Choose (2) States you would like to see next

#4131 Post by rip_c_bennington » 01 Aug 2020 04:40

Imho when Texas comes after Wyoming, Oklahoma and Kansas are then a lot more important to get then Montana.

flight50

#4132 Post by flight50 » 01 Aug 2020 05:49

Shiva wrote:
01 Aug 2020 02:40
On one thing I partly do not agree on tho. IRL truck routes to and from Florida to Texas, those do not need Georgia.
I agree that Georgia is not necessary for Florida but without Georgia the only way into Florida is I-10 from the West. From the North, that would make US-271 as the Eastern most US highway and I-65 as the Eastern most Interstate possible. Atlanta, Macon, Augusta and Savannah would be nice to have though. Not only that, but we get a very critical player to the game with Georgia.........I-95. Add Georgia and we get 3 major Interstates into Florida with I-10, I-75 and I-95. All three of those are major truck routes. So most definitely I'd go for a Ga/Fl bundle. But to keep it in pairs that means Ms/Al and then Ar/La. The height of all the Gulf States allows both I-10 and a new road in I-22 to play well until we can get I-40. We can do without Memphis for the time being because a US highway from Arkansas can gain access to I-22 and I-10 to hit the East coast. Once we get to an Interstate, all is good. US and SH roads are just bonuses that connect us from Interstate to Interstate. In the east though, majority of those road will be tree wall roads. With cutplanes we get a little density but still SCS just can't make things to dense.

@rip_c_bennington. Why do you think both Oklahoma and Kansas are more important than Montana? Just curious on your thinking. The public research thread doesn't even have Kansas listed. Texas doesn't depend on any state to sustain itself. Idaho is a lot more depended on Montana than Texas needing Oklahoma. Oklahoma needs Texas, not the other way around. With Kansas, its a non factor. It doesn't help Oklahoma nor Colorado like Montana helps Idaho. Colorado can sustain itself as well. It doesn't depend on Kansas. Oklahoma can follow Texas just because its the smallest possible state that can come with Texas. Kansas is self sustaining though. Its considered a flyover state and SCS is better off doing the most profitable states first. Get the popular and/or dependent states in first. You also have to factor in that both Oklahoma and Kansas share a decent length border with much busier states. Idaho and Wyoming benefits more from Montana.

Kansas just fits in nice and snug with Colorado and Oklahoma. I-70 and I-76 in Colorado can hold steady for quite awhile. If Oklahoma comes after Texas, we can get from Denver to OKC and North Texas without ever needing Kansas. We will have access to between Denver and North Texas with ease. US-287 would be the most taken route by truckers anyways instead of going I-35 to I-70 then to Denver. Kansas can come when it comes. Its not a must after Oklahoma.

angrybirdseller

#4133 Post by angrybirdseller » 01 Aug 2020 08:19

Montana is fine to square off the map and make it compact for players can wait for items further east.

Montana could see small towns along US-2 and lots of sheep, cattle as well maybe some bears.

Larry71490

#4134 Post by Larry71490 » 01 Aug 2020 15:13

Georgia is needed as 20 runs from Texas to SC.

flight50

#4135 Post by flight50 » 01 Aug 2020 16:22

I like to look at I-20 as an extension of I-10. Because Texas and the rest of the Gulf states go much further South than Arizona and New Mexico, that causes I-10 to also drop. I-20 looks like it could pull off I-10 all the way East but that isolates Southern Texas and the rest of the Gulf states. Texas houses I-10, I-20, I-30 and I-40 East to West. All are major trucking corridors. So the more of those (4) that can get us to the East coast, the better. It really all depends on how Pavel wants to get to Florida. The easiest with Texas in play within the next 2 years, is the Southern corridor. So maximizing the roads to get there is beneficial for us gamers.

Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee and the Carolina's, they all have a very nice hard Northern edge. By the time those all get in the game, we could have Kansas, Nebraska and the Dakota's in the game as well perhaps. That is a huge portion of the US filled in. At that point, its a Northeast sweep to Maine to fill it in. We seriously get into density then as we hit the MidWest and close in on the Northeast.

Mohegan13
Beta tester

#4136 Post by Mohegan13 » 01 Aug 2020 16:32

Before making the push to Florida I would hope that we have the Dakotas > Texas filled in, other wise we'd end up with a really horrible L shape that would be worse than when NM released.

Even with all those states it would be a bad L shape, but from there the states start to shrink in size so they'd probably be able to even it out fairly quickly. I like long drives but I really wouldn't want to do Florida to Northern Montana without some of the Mid West in there.
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
But on my tombstone when I go, just put 'death by rock and roll'.

flight50

#4137 Post by flight50 » 01 Aug 2020 18:43

Yeah East of Texas, L shape probably won't be as bad because the states are so much smaller. You cross those Southern states pretty quickly. But Wyoming and Montana definitely need to be in place. By time they get to Florida, there should be Oklahoma, Kansas and Arkansas for sure. Nebraska if 50/50. It really depends on how the plan things.

angrybirdseller

#4138 Post by angrybirdseller » 01 Aug 2020 19:24

Triangle pattern one direction north and another east. I do think after Texas build around surrounding states. The team working on Montana some move east to Dakotas and team working on Texas can move to Louisiana and another team to Oklahoma.

Florida could probably be competed by end of 2024 all you need is Loiusana, Mississippi, Alabama. It would be horrible L-shape but I-10 corridor Jacksonville to Los Angeles would take 4 hours at 55-60 mph just taking I-10 and little bit of I-12. Florida would sell well for DLC, but ones that understand geography would complain about the L-shape anyways.

The Dakotas far more diverse scenery wise than Florida but the cities are like Pocatello size at most. Florida have Miami, Jacksonville, Key West, Boca Raton, Orlando, Tampa, Pensacola, Daytona, Ft Augustine its street level urban experience its all trees walls along I-10.

The Dakotas you have black hills, badlands, grasslands, large lakes east of Missouri River. The Missouri River crossing everything greens up more and lots of ponds. Its kind of like easterm Washington but greener. Dakotas the last region of completely open space where you see radio towers miles ahead or telephone equal tree number in certain areas.

flight50

#4139 Post by flight50 » 02 Aug 2020 00:12

^With your method we'd get both a L-shape and a C-shape gap. We can't have both. Doing Dakota's after Montana leaves holes with both Nebraska and Kansas. Assuming Oklahoma follows Texas. Its the same situation if Montana comes before Wyoming. Same C shape gap.

With Texas in play, SCS is forced to build South to North if they want to avoid c shape gaps. Building North inland and South inland is not the ideal map to drive.

Gormanbros

#4140 Post by Gormanbros » 04 Aug 2020 01:37

I agree with Flight that we'll see state bundles eventually, if only because ATS is going to see 3-4 dedicated teams. They're not going to go for 4 DLC releases every year. That would be such a mess, especially when it comes to testing. We'll probably see two releases a year still, just with two teams working on each release.

Also, Florida doesn't need Georgia to come out in order to release, but it sure could use it. Florida would be fine, but you'll become intimately familiar with I-10 and one or both of US 231/331.

Return to “General discussion about the game”