North Dakota
9%
Illinois
16%

Total votes: 523

Shiva

Re: Poll: Choose (2) States you would like to see next

#5251 Post by Shiva » 15 Jun 2021 19:01

I can't see Disney's Orlando theme park when checking from I-4.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
angrybirdseller

#5252 Post by angrybirdseller » 21 Jun 2021 08:32

Only see trees and non descript hotels and business buildings. Florida would make it different in terms of cargo delivery in some spots so get change in settings. I like to see I-95 parallel US-1 in Florida where you can deliver retailer along US-1 or home construction site. Think its too early to talk about Florida will we have Alabama and Georgia in place.
Shiva

#5253 Post by Shiva » 21 Jun 2021 14:22

Georgia is not a must, for Florida. It would be preferred to have it around the same time as Florida.
I wonder if SCS is already planning/checking what can fit, towards Alabama and Florida?
Atleast I did see 2x U.S. Route signs close to Mobile AL, in the map editor. I wrote about that somewhere in the Texas thread.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
flight50

#5254 Post by flight50 » 21 Jun 2021 15:32

Georgia is a must if you don't want corridor driving. I'd rather have Georgia first then Florida if they don't come together. Florida before Georgia makes Alabama less accessible. At least Mobile is a good stopping point. We can get from Mobile to Montgomery, Birmingham and Huntsville easily without Florida. From those 3 cities, its easier to get to Atlanta and Columbus. I-75 in Georgia down to Valdosta andas far as South we need to go in Georgia. I-16 gets us to our first taste of I-95 to Savannah and hold there. For Alabama, we can get to Dothan, AL. Both Dothan and Valdosta can connect well before Florida via US-84. So hopefully we get US-84 all the way from Clovis, New Mexico thru Texas and others all the way to I-95 just South of Savannah Georgia.

I-10 creates a corridor as its the only road we could actually see in the panhandle. I don't think US-98 gets in useless SCS just wants a coastal view like CA-1 does in California. I've traveled from Pensacola to Santa Rosa Beach just East of Destin, FL on vacation last year and it was a nice scenic rid. But I didn't spot much truck traffic on it unless they were local. Trucks stick to I-10 as its much much faster. The amount of traffic lights on US-98 was horrible, lol. It took me an extra hr to make my way to the beach when I could have gone I-10 from Mobile and then US-231.
Shiva

#5255 Post by Shiva » 21 Jun 2021 16:20

Georgia and Florida together, that is what I would like, or if Georgia would come with Alabama.
And that corridor driving? Yes it would be true. As it is true IRL too.
flight50

#5256 Post by flight50 » 21 Jun 2021 17:45

Alabama is better off with Mississippi. If we could get Louisiana with Arkansas, Mississippi with Alabama and Georgia with Florida, I'd be a happy camper. I'd love to see 2023, 2024 and 2025 spent that way while the 3rd map team knocks out building North of Texas. Those combos mentioned are some busy states but for a super team, its not an issue imo. If the Texas team tackled it, they can easily split that team into and one team do (1) state and the other team do the other state. But still work as a team to kick out (1) dlc. I honestly think they could kick out those 2+1 dlc's in 12-18 months. Keep the same pattern of Summer and Winter and we'll be okay and they will be less stressed. The last thing I'd want is stressing out the devs and people start leaving. They have to get a breather and not get over worked. We are a demanding community but it just means that we enjoy what we get. Each of those combinations stated is like the size of Washington in terms of road network and mapping involved. Give or take a little.

I really really hope SCS goes for the super team idea to keep (1) larger team and then a normal map team. The normal map team is fine working solo map releases for Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Missouri, Iowa and Minnesota. Once the rebuild team completes everything they want to do for the base map and perhaps paid dlc's, then they can join and make a second super team or start in Canada or Mexico. At least this would be my wish for SCS to implement. I think a lot of people would love for ETS2 style map dlc's when multiple states can come at once. I don't think we have to be East of the Mississippi to start bundles. LA/AR and then the Dakotas make the most sense to bundle first. I still don't think its a good idea to try to bundle Kansas and Nebraska. Those are two states with some of the highest lane miles in the US. They fit the solo map criteria in my book. They alone can be similar to Washington just based on road density. Smaller and fewer cities but denser roads.
Shiva

#5257 Post by Shiva » 21 Jun 2021 20:19

Yeah, those 3pack would work too.
Doing a 2 pack could work, but would take time. "Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi" "Alabama, Georgia, Florida"

We'll have to see if they go 3 teams, or 2 map teams. If 2 teams close to the euro teams in size, I would guess.
They have options.

Nebraska and Kansas, there be limits on how much roads can be fitted into the game too.
flight50

#5258 Post by flight50 » 22 Jun 2021 02:33

Agreed. That is why I can't wait til after Texas releases to see what path they take. Like you said, either they stick with 2 releases a year or they go with three 3 releases a year. But we still have to factor in the ETS2 map too.

For NE and KN, the cities are small so they won't take up a ton of space. So that gives more room for road density.
fra_ba

#5259 Post by fra_ba » 22 Jun 2021 08:54

Shiva wrote: 21 Jun 2021 20:19 Nebraska and Kansas, there be limits on how much roads can be fitted into the game too.
Definitely, and it is more problematic in flat plains as can be seen in Eastern Colorado! Those flat views takes so much space
flight50

#5260 Post by flight50 » 22 Jun 2021 12:47

They do take space but even in the rolling hill areas and even some mountains areas, the mapping goes off into the distance already quite a bit. I don't think it will be an issue with flat land though. One trick I mentioned before is they can slope the terrains higher away from the roads to make the grass fields meet the sky. At like 1-2% slope way from the roads, it could take less effort. With tall grasses in tons of fields, I don't see it as an issue. We have many places in the game that I've noticed that will be an exact model of what the GP states look like and they are much flatter than Eastern Colorado. They can also use smaller rolling hills in the far background to meet the sky. There are crops for miles on miles that can help as well. Crops is the main reason why I am really hoping for more road density and agriculture in the Great Plains. Farms should be more numerous but will SCS give us this is my question. I'd love to see groupings of farms. Lets say 4-5 farms within a 100-200 mile radius grouped around city centers. Perhaps even group 2-3 in the same area while the others are more remote. Be artistic with it. Instead of doing city blocks, do farm block. Pretty much make farm blocks like this example I did almost a year ago. Most GP cities will be more like Wyoming cities in your Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa and Dakotas. That gives more space for open country. It will be a nice change of pace for the city builders in the game. Less complicated cities for awhile. Means more small scenic towns too. After Texas and Montana, the next several states will only get 2-4 large cities and the rest are small cities and towns. Many of the Northern GP states will have more towns than cities would be my guess. Towns are even smaller than cities. Towns in my book would be basically your Ketchum, Id, Bend, Or, Omak,Wa or Page, Az. Or if you want to go smaller, Tonopah, Nv or Jackpot, Nv.

We could start seeing more 8-10 marked city dlc's as the states get smaller. The lower the city count, the more road density could come. The further we push East, the more wooded we get as well so tree walls come into play to help a ton with road density. Until we can get beyond the Eastern extents of the GP, I think most open roads will look like this. Very simple and green/dormant green with trees/shrubs in the far back. At 1:20 scale, the devs won't have to cover as much as it may seem. Straight flat roads means less work. I'd reckon they'd have to map off the roads a solid 1-2 miles in both directions from the road, set a cutplane and keep it moving. If there is a road beyond these fields, they will just butt up on the backside of these fields and repeat the process. Before you know it, we have density. Cutplanes should play a major role in the GP for sure. I don't give it much thought anymore. Wyoming will show a lot of this too. The devs have shown me enough for me to get an idea on what tricks they can pull off.

Return to “General discussion about the game”