North Dakota
9%
Illinois
16%

Total votes: 523

dahaka

Re: Poll: Choose (2) States you would like to see next

#5521 Post by dahaka » 27 Nov 2021 23:18

I vote Kansas and Oklahoma. Then Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi could probably be released in a year. Then Alabama and Florida, and boom, we got coast to coast.
flight50

#5522 Post by flight50 » 28 Nov 2021 05:35

I am a big fan of surrounding Texas asap. But I think Oklahoma, Kansas makes sense. Then come back with Louisiana and Arkansas to make 2 columns. That way Nebraska and Missouri can follow. That sets up some serious road networking as we get deeper into the Midwest and Southeast.

Ideally if SCS goes to 3 maps a year, I'd like to see the pattern go to a map every 3-4 months.
Oklahoma - Spring - April/May
Kansas - Summer - July/August
Louisiana - Fall - Oct/Nov
Arkansas - Spring
Missouri - Summer
Nebraska - Fall
Xaagon

#5523 Post by Xaagon » 28 Nov 2021 05:48

I'm going with Oklahoma & Louisiana.

Oklahoma is going to be very necessary after Texas... we're really going to need the US-287 connection through the panhandle. Getting US 64/87 from Raton to Dalhart will help, but going to Texas from eastern Colorado is going to be a wide detour until Oklahoma comes.

I'm picking Louisiana over Kansas just for the variety of landscape, even though I'm really eager to get to Kansas City. Louisiana is a state that I've never been to in real life and ATS doesn't really have any wetlands right now.
flight50

#5524 Post by flight50 » 28 Nov 2021 05:58

Yeah I'd rather Louisiana over Kansas for its biomes but I think getting I-70 to I-35 allows more connections West and keeps the map a bit more boxed with less dead ends. In Kansas, I think it should be the last consecutive Great Plains state in a row. We'll need new meat by then. LA/AR and MO in a row gives us that solid change of pace.
angrybirdseller

#5525 Post by angrybirdseller » 28 Nov 2021 09:32

After Kansas-then Arkansas and Louisiana then Nebraska after that Missouri-then Alabama and Mississippi finally Tennessee and Kentucky. You do not want to just head to Florida as kind want to bulk up the map the southeast and plains \\ triangle pattern sort and not too much L-shape.
saur44l

#5526 Post by saur44l » 28 Nov 2021 12:12

I guess Oklahoma and Kansas is the best(or more logical approach) way to go forward,after that one team can go North and the other one South or South East.
flight50

#5527 Post by flight50 » 28 Nov 2021 18:30

I was doing some browsing just now and came across a pretty cool map to share. The map below shows the mega regions of the US. These areas could be the more concentrated areas of ATS for sure. This could give everyone and idea for the most populated metro areas. We already have a few of these in the game.

Cascadia - holding up
Northern California - in rebuild mode
Southern California - to be rebuilt. We got Vegas already. Maybe a little polish but its solid
Arizona Sun Corridor - hopefully retouched/reworked
Front Range - pretty recent/new
Texas Triangle - w.i.p
Gulf Coast - w.i.p (Texas portion)

Well get more Gulf Coast in 3-4 years. OKC and Tulsa is grouped with the Texas Triangle apparently. So hopefully we get that after Montana releases as the Texas team moves on. Overall, we should get some good diversity into ATS before long. I-35 and East of it, things will start to heat up as we'll get introduced to the more compact city regions of the US. This is why I wouldn't try building all states on top of Texas before moving East with Louisiana. We need variety and change of pace at the same time while going North. Going North of Texas only, would be a bad idea. I'd go as far as Kansas and then start Louisiana to establish the Gulf region. Create 2 columns of states.

After Texas, we should have 3 map teams going imho. North, Northeast and Southeast. That spreads us out into multiple areas to keep us exposed to the most the US can offer.

[ external image ]

Source is here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megaregio ... ted_States
Double M

#5528 Post by Double M » 30 Nov 2021 16:58

I would like to see the next two states to Oklahoma and Louisiana. Regarding Oklahoma I would like to see a little more of the historic Route 66. And in Louisiana to be able to drive to New Orleans.
Texshi

#5529 Post by Texshi » 02 Dec 2021 11:46

I really hope we get Oklahoma after Montana or Kansas... if they could at least just add the tiny strip of 287 through the panhandle then I can do without Oklahoma just because it's a vital route that would interrupt Texas freight to Colorado having to cut through Raton every time, though I'd definitely love Kansas that long stretch of 70 would be nice and with Kansas City.. it would feel like we're almost to the east finally after so long!
For SCS P389/P589 Tuning Pack Part Suggestions Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/eaEjKr9
Peterbilt 379 / 389 Tuning Example Inspirations Photo Album - https://imgur.com/a/DDGTDPW

Peterbilt forever!
Double M

#5530 Post by Double M » 02 Dec 2021 21:18

It would be great to get Oklahoma, Louisiana and Kansas in 2023.

I wonder what SCS will do with Kansas City, will it include it in the Kansas DLC or the Missouri DLC?
Because looking for information, I discovered that it belongs to Missouri and not to Kansas as I had always believed. But in google maps it appears that this city is located in both Kansas and Missouri.

Return to “General discussion about the game”