North Dakota
9%
Illinois
15%

Total votes: 582

CodArk2

Re: Poll: Choose (2) States you would like to see next

#4991 Post by CodArk2 » 26 Jan 2021 10:20

I think with smaller states they can release them individually quicker. Testing will also take less time. They just have to get through Wyoming, Texas and Montana and then we go into the medium size states. 3 a year would be possible, perhaps 4. Once we get to the small states that’s when bundling starts in my opinion. I would say Washington size is the best bundle size, as the east is dense like Washington .
Shiva

#4992 Post by Shiva » 26 Jan 2021 10:26

Evil_Jason, I agree on some bundles, while I disagree on some other bundles.
For example.
North and South Carolina I would have put in one DLC.
Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland and Delaware in another.
Florida and Georgia? They could either come separate or in a bundle.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
flight50

#4993 Post by flight50 » 26 Jan 2021 19:19

I finally looked at the .txt file. Honestly, I disagree with some of those bundles as well. I don't think the road network and cities are taken into account. Its all size driven and you can't do that with the East. Its too dense and compact. Some of it I agree with though. When bundles are based in sq miles/km, that is where the issue lies for me. You have to analyze the roads and the cities, not the state's overall size because SCS does not map the entire state.

-Kansas/Nebraska are probably solo states. There are too busy road wise to be combined unless multiple map team are on it.
-Dakotas. Most everyone agrees here so that is cool.
-Minnesota should be a solo state. It and anything else is too big unless you put multiple map teams on it.
-Louisiana/Mississippi/Alabama is a very weird shaped map. Ark/Louisiana/Mississippi makes a little more sense.
-the Carolinas should definitely stick together.

There's no right or wrong at the end of the day though. We'll all have opinions and rejections. But linear, doesn't work well with most of the community. Most have agreeded on a boxed map style.
flight50

#4994 Post by flight50 » 12 Mar 2021 17:20

I almost posted something here yesterday, but now we have 100% confirmation. Texas is next. So the poll is 100% valid now. I don't expect Texas this year honestly. If you are optimistic, great for ya. But believe me, Texas is huge and if the devs pack it with detail like I know they can, it will take timmmmmme. If Iberia was anything to go by, expect Texas to be in the same boat. A lot of time from now til Oct/Nov but this one has Q1/Q2 2022 all over it to me......just as I assumed months ago. If we get it sooner, great but at least I won't get my expectations up. It could be a complete surprise. I'd rather the complete surprise be the new 579 on the cover or 1-2 industry cargo packs. Heck, I'll take all three, lol.

But what I was gonna post yesterday is.......up til today, the top 1 & 2 most requested states since I started this poll as been the states that come. I figured if any state broke that trend, it would be Texas. Mannnn, I sure hope the pattern goes:
  • Wyoming
  • Texas
  • Montana
  • Oklahoma
That rounds out til the end of 2022. Then a combination of Kansas, Louisiana and Arkansas to kick of 3 maps a year for 2023 would be epic. 1 smaller map team and 1 larger map team that can bundle Ark/LA. We'll see how the devs tackle things after Texas. But one thing for sure is that once Texas is out the way, its all down hill from there. Things get busier, things get greener, states get smaller, distance between big cities decrease and compact sets in. More industries and more companies should be coming. This in turn should bring lots more cargo.
clifflandmark

#4995 Post by clifflandmark » 13 Mar 2021 00:32

So, announcement is %100 meaning that the next state is TX? They can not "fit" a Montana with another team in 2021?
Madkine
Global moderator

#4996 Post by Madkine » 13 Mar 2021 01:18

Correct. Next 2 states are Wyoming and Texas.
WoT Profile
ATS Workshop

"never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
Quark

#4997 Post by Quark » 13 Mar 2021 01:42

@clifflandmark No, i don't think so. How should that work? They are fully commited to Texas they want to release Texas in roughly one year so they certainly have a HUGE team working on it. Probably 20 mappers or even more just like Pavel had indicated a few times in the past that are necessary during full production. We have Wyoming in the pipeline which is in full production as well which means another 7-9 mapper or so + the base map rework team that probably consists of 2-4 mapper. We know there are about 30 mappers for ATS so added up, there would probably no one left. Also, in the blog they wrote:
We are excited to confirm that we have two U.S. states under full production, as our production pipeline continues to speed up and our team grows.
This confirms there is no proper map team working on another state at the moment. Even in the unlikely case that a complete team for Montana could somehow
be assembled now, there would never be enough time to finish it by the end of the year. Montana is huge, almost as big as California or similar in size as Utah
and Washington combined. Also, it's a state that is not easy to map. One third of the state is high mountain trerrain and although the other two thirds are
commonly considered to belong to the Great Plains the actual terrain is anything but plain in reality. Lots of mesas, hills, gorges, you cannot really compare it
with the Landscape in eastern Colorado for example.
interstate trav

#4998 Post by interstate trav » 13 Mar 2021 02:01

After Texas I’m hoping for Montana. I hope they keep tying to box it up. But even if hey go straight for Florida once they get there the states to the north still have to be added.
flight50

#4999 Post by flight50 » 13 Mar 2021 03:56

Pavel did acknowledge us fans that does not want a hockey stick map. Lets hope he honors that and sets aside b-lining to Florida. Although the states are smaller and you get thru them faster, its still corridor driving. At least get us I-10, I-20, I-30 and I-40 C2C. The better the box, the happily the fans will be. SCS should continue to develop the map in multiple directions though and keep a stair going. That's the best compromise.
Bob123412

#5000 Post by Bob123412 » 13 Mar 2021 04:50

As much as I'd like them to B-Line it over and start working on the East coast, I would much rather see them Continuing to build it as a wall so to speak.I think the staircase method also causes some Corridors that you get stuck in. I just have to sit here waiting patiently for the states I am familiar with.

Return to “General discussion about the game”