North Dakota
9%
Illinois
16%

Total votes: 502

angrybirdseller

Re: Poll: Choose the States you would like to see next

#2611 Post by angrybirdseller » 02 Nov 2019 07:48

Texas wont be delayed they just need to assign new asset makers to Texas. The map builders can cut one lose from Wyoming and Montana to help Texas team out. Think scs can get three states done in 2021 if three map teams are formed by then.
Shiva

#2612 Post by Shiva » 02 Nov 2019 11:01

Wyoming, area bigger than Utah. +10 totally plausible.
Altho, Yellowstone will cause a bit of trouble. Unless bobtailing the US-14/20 route?
US-191 is ok for trucks. Altho, some road seems to have a 60000GVW limit?
Not sure wich 1 tho.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
Mohegan13
Global moderator

#2613 Post by Mohegan13 » 02 Nov 2019 11:02

angrybirdseller wrote: 02 Nov 2019 07:48 Texas wont be delayed
Can't be delayed if it has no time frame. :D
[ external image ]
I reserve the right to be 100% wrong.
Something isn't right, nothing feels the same.
Everyone around me Is a different shade of grey.
Shiva

#2614 Post by Shiva » 02 Nov 2019 11:20

Texas is the Wildcard.
At the latest, after Montana release. Preferably a bit before.
Unless ATS starts to develop from north to south and east.
Dakotas
-> Minnesota
-> Nebraska
But that I count as unlikely.

Texas, it opens up north. Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, Sakotas.
And it opens up east. Louisiana -> Florida.
And Louisiana opens up north nr2. Tailing Oklahoma, but 1 state to the east. Arkansas, Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota.

Or if Arkansas and Louisiana is in 1 single DLC:
North: Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota.
East: Mississippi, Alabama, Florida, Georgia
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
howey

#2615 Post by howey » 02 Nov 2019 11:23

Another possibility for 2021 which is completely different but doable if the number's are there are Montana/Texas. Get the two biggest landmass states out of the way earlier and then split the 2 teams into 3 it could make the journey east a bit quicker perhaps. The good thing about it that way is when the teams split into 3 you could have 1 team push east doing the southern states, 1 team doing middle states and the 3rd team doing the northern states without conflicting one another.
Marcello Julio

#2616 Post by Marcello Julio » 02 Nov 2019 11:27

If Texas is added now, the map will have a large L. SCS is deleting the actual L, with Idaho and Colorado, this L will almost disappear. So I believe that Texas will only arrive when the states that avoided the L of the Texas are released before!
flight50

#2617 Post by flight50 » 02 Nov 2019 11:41

@Shiva. Let me re-read it. I was fighting serious sleep when I was trying to get that off my chest. It took me 1 1hr to try getting that out, lol. I read it and read it and kept falling asleep. I figured, ohhh forget it, just post it, lol. I did all this on my iPad without referencing a map at the same time. I will revise as necessary.
Shiva

#2618 Post by Shiva » 02 Nov 2019 12:18

@flight50 , yeah, I did see that something was not as it should be :)
Regarding lack of sleep.
Faulty car alarm outside = sleep fail.
Way before that, at 2am, some1 started playing music loudly.
I think a neighbour told them to shut down.

Where is that quiet SCS Batcave?
flight50

#2619 Post by flight50 » 02 Nov 2019 12:23

@Shiva. Thank you for pointing that out. I just revised it. I had 2023 and 2024 flipped. But yes I know all to well if anyone understand sleep typing, its you, lol. I know it happens a lot for you. I see how easy it is to get finger twisted but still try to get something off your chest before you loose the thought.
fra_ba wrote: 02 Nov 2019 07:10 Yeah! and to me it seems it's not a pushing to the east! it's kinda a united front attacking the east :D :D
I think one team should push to Florida to open up space for potential 4th and 5th teams!
But I am pushing East. I am just not b lining East. If they want to b line East, they can't do it until at least Texas is there. After Texas, there should be 3 map teams for sure. I am mentioned a few times in the past that once we have 3 map teams, one pushes East, one goes on the Northern Canadian border (helps ProMods Canada a ton) and the other team can fill in the gaps going NorthEast. The issue here is there will be too many to fill in to connect the North and South. The South team can still b-line. They can go in combos or individual states. AR/LA, MS/AL then finally GA/FL. Combining each of those is about the size of Washington or Oregon. But they will be busier. Now if they did combos, they could do as many roads as they can within a year. Just like they currently do. They can always comeback in and add later. The main goal is to provide the major routes as priority. Ads678's concept map is a nice little guide for us fans to see how dense SCS could make it. Of course SCS will do as they feel fits.

But yeah, push East but fill in states vertical as you go. This keeps the map boxed as best as possible. It will take 2 teams to do that in a stair stepping pattern. B lining too fast may get in trouble too quick as SCS still has to solve the more complex cities, their road densities and how compact the MidWest and East are. We have to allow them time to adjust from the sparse West to the issues of the East. Industries pick up big time I think and the ones in place are still valid. I am glad there is a research team to take care of this. That allows more precise focus for the entire process. Too many details get left out if the mappers have to do multiple task. I am sure their job was made easier with a dedicated research team now.

In regards to 4th and 5th team, would be nice if sales support it. In the past, Pavel mentioned our wallets will dictate that. He is correct. The sales have to justify such a commitment. If SCS stair steps the US, I honestly think that will be too many teams in the US that could get in the way of one another. Perhaps a 4th could work. Then again the working bordering states has been debunked. SCS can always place people all over the map to start preliminary work just like Pavel has a person in Texas. This drastically speeds up the process for when it is time to put a dedicated team to that dlc. The issue going to far ahead though is will technology get outdated. They'd have to redo what they done to a degree. Only basic things should be done. The roads layouts are probably good to go. So creating a road skeleton is perhaps okay. Come back and landscape it and sign it later. Details should always come last anyways. But honestly, I hope if SCS does get a 4th and 5th ATS map team that I would love to see them in Mexico or Canada and let the 3-4 map teams handle the US. This way, nowwwww we truly got a North American map and not just a US map. At the least, move one team across the borders and let 4 work the US. Baja California, start there. There are sooo many boarding cities on the US/Mexico border that are itching to be in. With Texas in place, there will be nothing stopping development there. I don't know the terrain down there and I am sure tons of new assets will be needed, but Arizona, NM and Texas assets could get recycled up to a point to help.

I don't mention Canada first because ProMods Canada will be a major major part of ATS. I think many will follow them because they love what and how ProMods work. They have density and don't have to play by SCS rules to have concerns about people's pc. Most of us have capable pc's. ProMods allows SCS to focus on US and Mexico. True that not everyone uses mods but ProMods could convince more to try at least them. Because of ProMods and Sierra Nevada, even I am convinced to use them now when I didn't want to be bothered with them.
interstate trav

#2620 Post by interstate trav » 02 Nov 2019 15:43

I’m hoping for Idaho to finish the 84. And then Colorado

Return to “General discussion about the game”