North Dakota
9%
Illinois
15%

Total votes: 579

joschac2

Re: Poll: Choose (2) States you would like to see next

#5091 Post by joschac2 » 24 Mar 2021 15:55

No, i was in the passenger seat. I just think the avg traffic should be like that. Merging in and out, forceing they way in and have a few nutcases mixed in there

We don't need the program the AI to be @$$s the Ai do it to themselves, So we had Ai like i showed in the video, there would be a dangerous driver mixed in there. Just like how it is now with the current AI
interstate trav

#5092 Post by interstate trav » 24 Mar 2021 19:54

I guess I just kinda wish the traffic in he game matched real life a little more. But that’s not a big thing for me considering the quality we get.
BattlePeasant
Location: Virgo Supercluster, Galaxy The Milky Way, Solar System, Earth

#5093 Post by BattlePeasant » 27 Mar 2021 06:01

Frankly, Idaho and Montana, I will bypass. I'm tired of the mountains. Maybe I'll take a look at Texas. This promises to be interesting, but the abundance of common problems in the game is annoying.
More chrome for the god of chrome.
Shiva

#5094 Post by Shiva » 27 Mar 2021 08:54

There is quite flat parts in Idaho.
And most of Montana is flat. Colorado has more mountains than Montana, if looking at %.
NTM's B-Double Telescopic Skeletal Container Carrier. Youtube video on how it works. W & S thread.
B-Double trailer and short modes: EN 7.82 swap body, 20’ or 30’ containers.
Standalone 40' mode: EN 7.82 swap body, 20', 30', 40' or 2 x 20' trailer.
BattlePeasant

#5095 Post by BattlePeasant » 27 Mar 2021 09:28

I would still prefer flatter states. California has mountains, but most roads don't look like snakes. I like the basemap and NM, but the north is too mountainous.
Tristman

#5096 Post by Tristman » 27 Mar 2021 09:52

I think California mountain roads not looking like snakes has more to do with the limitations they had when they made the base map. Hopefully they will include one or two in the rebuild.
BattlePeasant

#5097 Post by BattlePeasant » 27 Mar 2021 10:11

CA-1 was the only road from San Francisco to Santa Cruz. Then they added the US-101, as far as I remember. This is not the first redesign of the California map. There were winding roads from the beginning. I don't mind a few winding roads, but when most roads are like this, it gets tiring.
Tristman

#5098 Post by Tristman » 27 Mar 2021 10:32

For me it depends, I generally like winding roads, but if you have that one truck in front of you that keeps braking at the most unnecessary moments, it gets tiring. You can usually choose to avoid winding roads by just sticking to interstates though. Unless you are driving the I-84 in eastern Oregon of course.
flight50

#5099 Post by flight50 » 27 Mar 2021 11:27

I agree with Tristam-94. The base map is done like it is because of limitations. Limitations in experience and limitation in tools available. Compared to the entire US, the West doesn't really have a ton of mountains like BattlePesant is making it seem. The current size of the ATS map might make it seem that way though. By the time all the Great Plains are in place, the mountains will be a nice change of scenery. Travel from flat lands, thru the mountains to the Pacific Coast will be nice. Then East of the Great Plains, you have another form of mountains to tend to with the Appalachian Mountains. But less elevation than the Rockies but these will be in the form of huge hills basically but filled with green vegetation. Once you string the entire US together, it will be one huge diverse map and you won't even think about mountains that you get to travel thru. The mountains may not be for everyone just like the flat lands might not be for everyone. But there is something in the US for everyone.

Then across the borders we go for even more diversity. The wait for them will be highly anticipated but with such a huge US map, the wait will less painful. North America as a whole will be a ginormous map if SCS can get there. I'd love to be around and be able to still play just like some of our senior players now. Kudos to them that find enjoyment in SCS games as well. You are never to old to enjoy gaming.
tomservo75

#5100 Post by tomservo75 » 31 Mar 2021 07:55

BattlePeasant wrote: 27 Mar 2021 09:28 I would still prefer flatter states. California has mountains, but most roads don't look like snakes. I like the basemap and NM, but the north is too mountainous.
I chose Montana because it's still at least partly mountainous. I then chose South Dakota because it's closest bordered to Montana. But the other states are mostly flat and are thus tied for me. I really think states like Nebraska and Kansas should be released in pairs, since there aren't as many landscapes, mostly flat.

Return to “General discussion about the game”