North Dakota
9%
Illinois
15%

Total votes: 582

EricWilson2012

Re: Poll: Choose the State you would like to see next

#161 Post by EricWilson2012 » 17 Nov 2017 00:56

Enjoyingorc6742 wrote: 17 Nov 2017 00:41 after seeing a pic on /r/TruckSim of Oregon, i think they may bundle both Oregon and Utah together. I mean, you got I-5 and I-84 in Oregon, I-15 and I-70 in Utah for major highways. the two most well known cities in Utah are Salt Lake City and Ogden (if you're into trains). Oregon has Portland. both states are a whole lotta nothing. for total towns with both combined is about 15. we know Utah and Oregon have been in development for a while too.
Which thread states that there would be a bundle of Oregon together with Utah? I haven’t seen any talk of that on Reddit
Enjoyingorc6742

#162 Post by Enjoyingorc6742 » 17 Nov 2017 01:01

EricWilson2012 wrote: 17 Nov 2017 00:56
Enjoyingorc6742 wrote: 17 Nov 2017 00:41 after seeing a pic on /r/TruckSim of Oregon, i think they may bundle both Oregon and Utah together. I mean, you got I-5 and I-84 in Oregon, I-15 and I-70 in Utah for major highways. the two most well known cities in Utah are Salt Lake City and Ogden (if you're into trains). Oregon has Portland. both states are a whole lotta nothing. for total towns with both combined is about 15. we know Utah and Oregon have been in development for a while too.
Which thread states that there would be a bundle of Oregon together with Utah? I haven’t seen any talk of that on Reddit
as i said in the post, after seeing a pic of Oregon, I THINK they MAY bundle Oregon and Utah together for multiple reasons.
bagnome

#163 Post by bagnome » 17 Nov 2017 01:19

Sora wrote: 12 Nov 2017 18:53 As far as Texas goes, I'm just hoping we'll see a generic Whataburger scenery building and maybe a generic H-E-B depot that uses Walbert assets. That'll get you the price of admission among half of Texas right there. Maybe toss in a few IKAs from ETS2, too, since there are a good few of those here.
Speaking of H-E-B. I'd like to see someone skin some H-E-B trailers for the game. Texas or not.
flight50

#164 Post by flight50 » 17 Nov 2017 01:24

@Eric. It's all speculation here dude. This whole thread is speculation. Majority of this site is speculation. I back what Enjoyingorc is saying though. It's what I and a few others have been saying for awhile. Bundling can happen with some of these less populated states. Will it happen, probably not but what's to say that it can't. We know that SCS is planning for 2 map teams. We also know that the teams have grown. We also know per this comment from Mandelsoft here, that basically too many people in one area will pretty much just get in the way of one another. So combining a busier state with a less busy state makes a lot of sense to me. ATS needs map coverage as quick as it can get it. This is a little cheat to expand the map. We may be looking at 12-14 months, but that could knock out 2 states quickly. We know both France and Italy took 12+ months of development. European road network is much denser than the Western US. There are 44 states left to do. At current pace, that is 40+ years to finish the map. Utah is one of those states that don't have much to it in regards to cities. There are several states in the west that can be slipped in with a busier state. Same principle will apply to the East once things move that way. Except we trade out larger less dense states, to smaller more dense states. So here as well, combining the East with 1-3 others makes sense as 1-3 states may equal that of a larger Western state.

In regards to an earlier comment in regards to sq miles per states, yes calculating the roads in the game is a much more solid way to guesstimate how long it may take to do a state. Problem there is, we have no idea what roads outside of the Interstates SCS will map. It is a guarantee that all Interstates will make the game though. So we can start there as base. Everything else is definitely speculation. So in turn, we might as well just look at the state as whole. Because what we don't know are which Intra-states, US highways and State Highways that will make the game.

Also, I could deal with a Utah/Oregon bundle. What I can't deal with is a Oregon by itself. Although I would still purchase the dlc and accept it, it just don't make as much sense as a Utah/Colorado expansion combo. I prefer to roam on a much fatter an wider land mass than a much longer and skinnier land mass.
Gazer75

#165 Post by Gazer75 » 17 Nov 2017 02:48

I really don't see them doing that many DLCs. East of the Mississippi there is maybe 6-7 when you compare size of NM to states there.

It's quite obvious that they have to speed up development if they want to cover all 48 before the game is outdated.
Then again as long as there is no competition they are in no rush really.
It will also depend on sales of previous DLCs to keep the money flowing.
Without more income they can't afford to hire more people.

Size is not a bad estimate due to the scale. They can only fit so many roads in there. So once they get further east they will have to compromise a lot.

The middle states are mostly flat so I would think is faster to map. No need for detailed mountain passes and such.
Voltaire1971

#166 Post by Voltaire1971 » 18 Nov 2017 17:06

flight50 wrote: 17 Nov 2017 01:24We know that SCS is planning for 2 map teams.
I don`t know that. When did they say that?
flight50

#167 Post by flight50 » 18 Nov 2017 18:10

@voltaire1971. You are very late on that info then my friend. That is very old news. It is something Pavel mentioned before but it hasn't happened yet. But the goal is to have 2 map teams for both ATS and ETS2. Trying to find that info will take me awhile but it is not new news my friend. You have read the blogs, the SCS blog discussions and several threads in the General discussions. Here is a quick comment from Max here after I made a comment in reference to 2 two team in which MandelSoft commented to that. Go up a couple of post ahead of Max's and read what I posted prior to MandelSoft.

This is not exactly the article I was looking for but read the 2nd paragraph http://blog.scssoft.com/2017/02/america ... wards.html
Voltaire1971

#168 Post by Voltaire1971 » 18 Nov 2017 18:36

So "planning" as in "maybe or maybe not". Well, yeah, I knew that. But I don`t think it will happen, so better not count on it. :)
flight50

#169 Post by flight50 » 18 Nov 2017 18:59

You are very optimistic, lol. As they hire more people, the team will will eventually be able to be be split up. The video below posted in Jan 2015 gives you some what of an idea on what they would like to do. Just because it has not happened yet, does not mean it won't. They grew from 5 to more than 20 on ATS alone since its beginning. What we don't know, is what number are they trying to reach in order to split off. It may not me this year, it may not even be next year, but as dlc sales, and the demand is there, they will reach 2 map teams. Or would you like them to continue to release 1 state per year. Most of us will not be living by then and neither will those at SCS now. I would say 2 in the bare minimum they need to reach. 3-4 is much more ideal. We just need to do our part and support all dlc SCS releases so they can continue to grow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clnxjTuaIDI&t=1s
flight50

#170 Post by flight50 » 28 Nov 2017 22:26

Voltaire1971 wrote: 18 Nov 2017 18:36 So "planning" as in "maybe or maybe not". Well, yeah, I knew that. But I don`t think it will happen, so better not count on it. :)
http://blog.scssoft.com/2017/11/new-mex ... inder.html. Just fyi, it is happening my friend. 2018 they will be splitting up the teams to run parallel map creations.

Return to “General discussion about the game”